Etsy Guide, Faq and Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-26-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Etsy Guide, Faq and Help

Hi guys
I sell on ebay since 2012 and recently started amazon. Do it full-time. Found that section on forum about Etsy. While I was reading it, I decided to create and acc there lol. But then I decided to ask a few questions.

1. What are the advantages of Etsy compared to ebay and amazon ?
2. Are the any autopilot\automation tools for Etsy(lisitng, monitoring, analyzing)?
3. Is it dropship or\and arbitrage friendly?
4. What should I know\do\don't before I start selling on Etsy?

Tnx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%
Default Re: Etsy Guide, Faq and Help

Etsy is for handmade items or vintage only, if you fit in with that you’re good.

There’s software on the etsy teams pages and recommended listing software, some with a monthly fee. It’s not as easy as eBay in that regard.

Dropshipping is frowned upon and will get you shut down. You can have outside help make your items, but shipping products you buy and sale from wholesalers will eventually get you closed.
Old 10-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
Etsy is for handmade items or vintage only, if you fit in with that you’re good.

There’s software on the etsy teams pages and recommended listing software, some with a monthly fee. It’s not as easy as eBay in that regard.

Dropshipping is frowned upon and will get you shut down. You can have outside help make your items, but shipping products you buy and sale from wholesalers will eventually get you closed.
I've read in internet that Etsy now allows dropshipping. Not products from aliexpress. But something like print-on-demand. Not retail arbitrage.
Old 10-27-2017

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubleHD View Post
I've read in internet that Etsy now allows dropshipping. Not products from aliexpress. But something like print-on-demand. Not retail arbitrage.
I think that is more intended for artists, allowing their work to be printed on canvas, mugs, T-shirts, mouse mats etc. There are quite a few companies that offer that sort of single order drop shipping print service now, I imagine there are a few sellers on et.sy that use them, I don't imagine its good profit though unless you have quite a following.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenohki For This Useful Post:
bubleHD (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenohki View Post
I think that is more intended for artists, allowing their work to be printed on canvas, mugs, T-shirts, mouse mats etc. There are quite a few companies that offer that sort of single order drop shipping print service now, I imagine there are a few sellers on et.sy that use them, I don't imagine its good profit though unless you have quite a following.
yeah, something like print-on-demand. It can work well but it is all about traffic. I have no idea how much traffic on etsy you get.
I'm just bored a little bit! I filled up my ebay accounts with items and already reached the limits.

For me is very important how business scalable. Amazon offers fba which helps you to scale up your business. Ebay - there are a lot of automation, and bulk solutions, shopify probably can use APIs and list a lot of items, and probably automation for order processing, for inventory sync etc But I'm not sure about shopify, just collecting information.
I wonder if ETSY has things like that. But probably you can just use google spreadsheet with your supplier.

I'm just trying to learn and do research. Even beyond marketplaces and ecommerce.