Paypal only country, Using the same Paypal with a different email - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 10-26-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Paypal only country, Using the same Paypal with a different email

Hello,
So my original shop was closed and I'm now working on a new stealth account.
My country doesn't have Etsy payments so Paypal is my only payment option.
My original paypal is in good standing with a good history and linked to my bank account and I would really like to continue receiving payments on it. Obviously I can't pay Etsy bills with it since they'll receive my info/merchant id with it. But is there a risk if I add a new email to it, make it my primary email and use it to receive payments on it?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Paypal only country, Using the same Paypal with a different email

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth.

What you are proposing is not good - causes a link easily.
Old 10-26-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

I've made dozens of shops and am still using the same Paypal's for them, I just change the primary email if I pay my payments using it. While it's a lot easier to do, if you are worried about a link you can get a gift card and pay fees. Collecting payments using the same Paypal is fine tho.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:
jbr0xel (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 38%

Thanks Gladiator,
What I was planing to do was to create a new paypal account and use it exclusively to pay etsy fees. It would be great to receive payments AND pay with the same account but I am way too paranoid for that at the moment. Maybe after I get a little more comfortable with the whole thing.

One more question if you don't mind, and I'm not sure if you've ever experimented with this, but do you think setting the shop's location to a country different than the IP address's country sets off a red flag. From my VERY limited experience this doesn't seem to be an issue but I would love to hear your thoughts on it
Old 10-28-2017
MU

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr0xel View Post
Thanks Gladiator,
What I was planing to do was to create a new paypal account and use it exclusively to pay etsy fees. It would be great to receive payments AND pay with the same account but I am way too paranoid for that at the moment. Maybe after I get a little more comfortable with the whole thing.

One more question if you don't mind, and I'm not sure if you've ever experimented with this, but do you think setting the shop's location to a country different than the IP address's country sets off a red flag. From my VERY limited experience this doesn't seem to be an issue but I would love to hear your thoughts on it
If during setup you use an IP to skirt around local requirements and try to setup in that country it won't work. They closed that loophole more than a year ago. If you change your ship from to a different area, it may cause a flag down the line if you don't have certain things setup in the shop. If you have everything pretty well explained on-shop you're fine.