eBay Stealth Account Suspended w/o Completing a Sale! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-02-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default eBay Stealth Account Suspended w/o Completing a Sale!

Hello Everybody,

My apologies in advance for this post as this topic has been beaten to death, but I simply cannot find an answer to why my stealth account got suspended. I would appreciate any advice concerning this from anyone willing to help. Below are the details:

I bought an eBay Stealth account from a well known member of this site. It was aged, had a few sales completed and good associated feedback. Included was an associated Paypal account which had a good standing and an associated gmail account.

* Built a laptop from scratch to use solely for this purpose. It has NEVER been on eBay or used for any other purpose
* Obtained a new cell phone (not under my own name) and used its hot spot to connect to the internet. This was used solely for this stealth account
* Browsed ebay for 10-20 minutes per day for 4 days
* Added a few random things to my eBay watch list
* Accessed the paypal account and associated gmail address a handful of times but made no changes, sent no emails, etc.
* I had not listed or sold anything on the account

About a week after accessing the account for the first time I get an email from eBay asking for picture ID and a slew of other documents to verify my identity.

What could I have possibly done wrong?

I explained this to the member who sold me the account and he had no clue as to why that would have happened. He was kind enough to provide another stealth account with the aforementioned accessories with no questions asked.

HOWEVER, I've had this account for 3 or 4 months now and have not used it yet for fear of the same thing happening. I have built a new computer that has never been on eBay and will purchase a flashed Verizon MiFi with the unlimited data plan for $5/month off eBay. A member of this forum suggested this. That will be purchased on another computer and I plan to move forward.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that eBay is linking accounts by the specific types of items a banned user views (I know this is stupid, but I'm trying to be thorough with the information I'm posting here)

PLEASE let me know if I'm missing anything here. I've read the instructions that came with the stealth account a hundred times to make sure I don't screw this up again. I don't want to be out the hundreds of dollars these aged stealth accounts cost.

Thank you,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-02-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: eBay Stealth Account Suspended w/o Completing a Sale!

About a week after accessing the account for the first time I get an email from eBay asking for picture ID and a slew of other documents to verify my identity.

Can you expand on this please.

You mention browsing etc. These are the suggested steps, did you sign in then on the new machine? What did do for what you describe as the first eBay sign in?

Old 11-02-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

You are asking good questions. How about actually reading the stealth guide so you know the back end and how the operation actually works?.

Greenbean is asking you some of the best questions that are important.
Old 11-02-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

Can you expand on this please.

You mention browsing etc. These are the suggested steps, did you sign in then on the new machine? What did do for what you describe as the first eBay sign in?

eBay asked for photo ID and I do not remember the rest of the requested docs as I do not have access to the gmail account the request was sent to. I know, I should have retained the information for future reference :(

I signed into the account on the new machine. On the first two or three ebay sign-ins I simply browsed around. Then on the next sign-ins I saved a few items in my watch list.

I will get the stealth guide and read it. Was hoping I would be able to simply read the notes included with the stealth account.
Old 11-03-2017
Banned

Longevity: 40%

for sure something is being "leaked" or "linked" with that account. That's kinda weird since you haven't done anything yet, and maybe because of the creation of the account? might also be the reason of it being flagged right away.