New Photos? Can I still use the same Photoshop? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 11-10-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default New Photos? Can I still use the same Photoshop?

I'm going to start doing photos today for my (hopefully) new Etsy account. Now, I'm obviously not going to post ANYTHING from my previous account. All new items, all new photos.

My question is can I use the same Photoshop PROGRAM I used in the past? Or should I totally uninstall/reinstall or install under a new user account on my laptop? Or should I be using a different laptop all together?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,921 Times in 8,213 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: New Photos? Can I still use the same Photoshop?

For the Photoshop program itself, that's not an issue - no linking via photoshop happens.
Old 11-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

All they can see from the EXIF is that you edited the photo's with Photoshop - no specific details which could get you linked to an old account.

You could always run your finish photos through batch purifier just to play it safe though.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-10-2017)
Old 11-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Damn, so the only thing I can think that got me flagged is literally that I didn't use a "new user" account on my laptop. Frig! Because everything else is new - and not fa /ke new!! Actually new! lol
Old 11-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

You've already been linked and shut down?

Thought you were just starting out today, lol.
Old 11-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You've already been linked and shut down?

Thought you were just starting out today, lol.
Well, I successfully entered my banking information. Then it asked for my Name and address. I put in my relatives and it said "Could not verify - Please contact" So I'm thinking I'm screwed? I have the relatives i.d too if they need it.

I have new images, new everything....and it's legit. I just didn't use a "new user" account on my laptop. But in reality, if this relative purchased a used laptop from somebody what's the difference? right? I dunno!!!!
Old 11-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkwow View Post
Well, I successfully entered my banking information. Then it asked for my Name and address. I put in my relatives and it said "Could not verify - Please contact" So I'm thinking I'm screwed? I have the relatives i.d too if they need it.

I have new images, new everything....and it's legit. I just didn't use a "new user" account on my laptop. But in reality, if this relative purchased a used laptop from somebody what's the difference? right? I dunno!!!!
You've possibly been linked to your old account by your browser data/cookies since you're using the same user account as before.

You can try contacting them since you have all the relevant documentation. Considering the Etsy horror stories I've heard here though I can't say for certain if they'd be willing to let you sell even with documentation - since your account appears to be associated with a banned account.

There are always going to be plausible legitimate explanations for account information crossing over, but since you've apparently already triggered a security filter, that's not going to fly if you try to tell them that.
Old 11-10-2017

Longevity: 38%

Wait...today's account has already been flagged? Or are you talking about the account from another thread that was shut down?