Is something wrong with my stealth setup? "It looks like you signed in from a..." - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-10-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Is something wrong with my stealth setup? "It looks like you signed in from a..."

Hey guys,

I'm getting this message on eBay and wondering if something is wrong with my stealth setup:

"It looks like you signed in from a different computer. Before you continue, we need to verify your identity and confirm it's really you."

I have never deleted my cookies since opening the accounts.

My setup is as follows:
-Fresh VPN from 24vc, one per account
-Each account on their own VMware with Windows 10
-Non-VPN traffic blocked on Chrome (only browser I use).

Is there anything else I need to do?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Is something wrong with my stealth setup? "It looks like you signed in from a..."

Did you use a different IP address besides the 24vc when you made the account? otherwise it looks fine to me.
Old 08-10-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Is something wrong with my stealth setup? "It looks like you signed in from a..."

Might be a slippage in VPN use.
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (09-13-2017)
Old 08-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Might be a slippage in VPN use.
Old 08-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

How is your internet connection speed? If it is fast, does it ever have a slow period or a drop in service?
If you use broadband that looses connection, even if very short service, your VPN will still show connection but you have exposed or are running on your broadband.

Also, you could be leaking the real IP through the browser.

I have only experienced this when my IP location has become quite different and usually when pulling a foreign IP such as when I lived on the Canada border and sometimes got a Canada IP.
Old 08-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS1 View Post
This! Any idea how to stop it? I already had one PayPal limited and I cannot understand why.
Do you use Softether? It "auto-connects" when a connection drops but you still have to worry about that issue Yankee mentioned where it will show as "connected" after dropping but you'll actually be showing your real IP. The benefit here is you at least get a big notification in the middle of your screen telling you your VPN just dropped and Softether is reconnecting. Any time you see that notice, immediately go into Softether and disable the VPN's network adapter. Then re-enable it and re-connect to your VPN and you will for sure have your VPN IP again. Take these steps any time your VPN drops to ensure you aren't leaking your real IP.
Old 08-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
How is your internet connection speed? If it is fast, does it ever have a slow period or a drop in service?
If you use broadband that looses connection, even if very short service, your VPN will still show connection but you have exposed or are running on your broadband.

Also, you could be leaking the real IP through the browser.

I have only experienced this when my IP location has become quite different and usually when pulling a foreign IP such as when I lived on the Canada border and sometimes got a Canada IP.
Yes my real IP and location is changing constantly as I'm traveling, currently in a remote forest with limited 4G. This indeed could be causing the connection issues. In Thailand where I live, I've got good broadband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Do you use Softether? It "auto-connects" when a connection drops but you still have to worry about that issue Yankee mentioned where it will show as "connected" after dropping but you'll actually be showing your real IP. The benefit here is you at least get a big notification in the middle of your screen telling you your VPN just dropped and Softether is reconnecting. Any time you see that notice, immediately go into Softether and disable the VPN's network adapter. Then re-enable it and re-connect to your VPN and you will for sure have your VPN IP again. Take these steps any time your VPN drops to ensure you aren't leaking your real IP.
Yes I use Softether. But I have set in my firewall settings to block non VPN connections. This should stop the leaking if my connection drops, right? I've done this as per the instructions on 24vc tutorials.

I really need to find a way to make this bulletproof as I want to open +10 stealth accounts in the near future.
Old 09-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Still cannot figure out this issue. Again had the message on eBay saying I signed in from a different computer even though I'm always using the same VMware. Softether is on, ip is correct and no errors. What could be wrong?
Old 09-07-2017

Longevity: 39%

[QUOTE=SS1;864516]

"I have never deleted my cookies since opening the accounts."

From reading the Amazon Stealth Book I was under the assumption that you must always clear your cookies before switching to a another stealth account? By doing this is it unnecessary or even putting your account at risk? When would you go about clearing your browsers cookies?
Old 09-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

[quote=HelpNeeded;870095]
Quote:

From reading the Amazon Stealth Book I was under the assumption that you must always clear your cookies before switching to a another stealth account? By doing this is it unnecessary or even putting your account at risk? When would you go about clearing your browsers cookies?
Clearing cookies is by no means an up-to-date way of keeping Amazon Stealth accounts separate. Some these days are even saying dedicated VM's aren't enough.

OP said he's never cleared his cookies. He's working on dedicated VM's so there would never be any reason to clear them. It's better to keep cookies in place so eBay/Paypal recognize your browser when you login. He mentioned never deleting his cookies because missing cookies are a common trigger for this kind of error message.

@OP - after reviewing your setup again I'm at a loss for an explanation. If you're using the same browser, IP, and VM each time, and you're checking your IP before login each time, I'm not sure what else it could be. Does your eBay country match your 24vc country? Does your eBay country match the country you're actually located in currently? Like was earlier mentioned you could have a weak VPN connection because of your remote location, which is causing your real IP to be occasionally exposed. Anytime my softether connection drops I have to manually disable/enable the virtual network adapter in order for it to re-connect and show my VPN IP. If I reconnect without disabling/enabling the network adapter first, my real IP shows even though softether says I'm on the VPN.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
HelpNeeded (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017
Threadstarter  

[quote=phaz0rz;870100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpNeeded View Post

Clearing cookies is by no means an up-to-date way of keeping Amazon Stealth accounts separate. Some these days are even saying dedicated VM's aren't enough.

OP said he's never cleared his cookies. He's working on dedicated VM's so there would never be any reason to clear them. It's better to keep cookies in place so eBay/Paypal recognize your browser when you login. He mentioned never deleting his cookies because missing cookies are a common trigger for this kind of error message.

@OP - after reviewing your setup again I'm at a loss for an explanation. If you're using the same browser, IP, and VM each time, and you're checking your IP before login each time, I'm not sure what else it could be. Does your eBay country match your 24vc country? Does your eBay country match the country you're actually located in currently? Like was earlier mentioned you could have a weak VPN connection because of your remote location, which is causing your real IP to be occasionally exposed. Anytime my softether connection drops I have to manually disable/enable the virtual network adapter in order for it to re-connect and show my VPN IP. If I reconnect without disabling/enabling the network adapter first, my real IP shows even though softether says I'm on the VPN.
Thanks for the reply. My eBay country (UK) does match my 24vc ip (UK), but not my actual location (Thailand). Ok that sounds quite risky! Do you know if there is any way to prevent this? Because I have already set up my firewall to disallow non-VPN connections. So as I understand it should in theory prevent any connection if the VPN drops. Or is there perhaps some software to monitor and alert of ip changes to test it?
Old 09-08-2017

Longevity: 38%

IP Leaks
1 Enable Windows Firewall. I know, I groaned too but it works.

2 Go to advanced in Firewall's config and you will see inbound and outbound rules. You will need to create a new rule (and delete existing rules) for your torrent client for both inbound and outbound.

3 Point the rules to the executable that your torrent is using and configure it to block all traffic. You want this locked down tight.

4 At one of the screens it will ask you to select which interfaces to apply the rules to. Make sure to put a check in front of your physical and wireless interfaces BUT DO NOT CHECK REMOTE ACCESS.

5 Save the inbound and outbound rules, and find a Linux torrent to test with.

If you already have a rule or you didn't select the correct interface the first time, you can edit the rule, go to the advanced tab, click the "customize interface types" button and make sure everything but remote access is checked.

What this does is block all traffic regardless of ports or IP addresses 'except' on the "remote access" interface, which is your VPN interface.

You can test this easily by getting a torrent going, then disconnect your VPN. The torrent client should stall and refuse to send or receive. When you re-connect the VPN it should recover automatically. Works with any VPN provider and any torrent client.

enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to TechoeGeek For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (10-04-2017)
Old 09-08-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

[quote=HelpNeeded;870095]
Quote:

No, you create different windows account, and do not delete the cookies.
This will trigger it instead. The cookies are waht let eBay see you are using the same machine
Old 09-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Do you use VMware or virtualbox? For virtualbox this is a known problem.

Do you use chrome in incognito mode?
Old 09-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

@technoe - Nice copy/paste but your torrent tutorial barely applies. You could have at least edited the tutorial to apply to these circumstances

@Saijin - he never deleted cookies

@dach - He mentioned VMWare but I suppose he could be using a different virtualization platform. I'm curious as to how this is a common issue with virtualbox and not vmware. Using Chrome incognito mode is counter-intuitive to stealth but that could also cause the problem.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

@SS1 - The best way I know of would be configuring custom firmware on your router (if you're using a router), or if you have an advanced enough router some allow you to configure VPN access straight from the factory.

I think even if you have firewall configured to block non-VPN traffic, your real IP can still be exposed by that little glitch I mentioned yesterday. If your VPN drops and automatically re-connects, it will say your VPN is connected but you'll be showing your real IP. This is speculation, but it's possible. You can test for yourself by checking your IP immediately after your VPN drops and re-connects the next time.
Old 09-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
@dach - He mentioned VMWare but I suppose he could be using a different virtualization platform. I'm curious as to how this is a common issue with virtualbox and not vmware. Using Chrome incognito mode is counter-intuitive to stealth but that could also cause the problem.
Common issue might be to much, However I experienced it with virtualbox and some others did too. But if I remember correctly it happened on AMZ not on ebay.

Anyone else here using the non vpn traffic blocker for chrome that OP uses?

I highly doubt that this happened due to IP leakage. It might very well be the chrome app you installed to prevent IP leakage is doing this.

Such apps are in the first place developed for maximum security when browsing, not for ebay stealthers... so it wouldn't be surprising if the app is misconfigurated for stealth and for example deletes all cookies right after you close chrome...

Last edited by dachilla; 09-12-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
@technoe - Nice copy/paste but your torrent tutorial barely applies. You could have at least edited the tutorial to apply to these circumstances

@Saijin - he never deleted cookies

__________________________________________________ ___________________

@SS1 - The best way I know of would be configuring custom firmware on your router (if you're using a router), or if you have an advanced enough router some allow you to configure VPN access straight from the factory.

I think even if you have firewall configured to block non-VPN traffic, your real IP can still be exposed by that little glitch I mentioned yesterday. If your VPN drops and automatically re-connects, it will say your VPN is connected but you'll be showing your real IP. This is speculation, but it's possible. You can test for yourself by checking your IP immediately after your VPN drops and re-connects the next time.
Thanks again, that makes sense. I will keep an eye on the IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
Common issue might be to much, However I experienced it with virtualbox and some others did too. But if I remember correctly it happened on AMZ not on ebay.

Anyone else here using the non vpn traffic blocker for chrome that OP uses?

I highly doubt that this happened due to IP leakage. It might very well be the chrome app you installed to prevent IP leakage is doing this.

Such apps are in the first place developed for maximum security when browsing, not for ebay stealthers... so it wouldn't be surprising if the app is misconfigurated for stealth and for example deletes all cookies right after you close chrome...
I'm using VMware. I'm not using a Chrome app, just the browser. However I have blocked non-VPN traffic with Windows Firewall as per 24vc instructions.
Old 09-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

I would just delete the VM, start over and see if the issue continues.
Old 11-15-2017

Longevity: 37%

Ever figure this out?