Hello & Greetings (To everyone). - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 11-14-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Send a message via Skype™ to RappaJoy
Smile Hello & Greetings (To everyone).

Hello to everyone in here

I joined a few weeks ago but I thought now is the perfect time to do my introduction and also I look forward to your guidance and help as I have need of your expertise and assistance regarding my current scenario.

So a little bit of my background. As you can see I am from India and Paypal India is like the worst thing ever. 2 things annoy me the most about it, first is - I can't send money as friends and family. Which creates problems for me because some private sellers that I deal with insists on getting payments as Friends and Family, which I can't do. Second problem is, that in India - we don't have the option to have funds in our Paypal balance. Any balance or funds that we receive gets withdrawn to our bank account or debit/credit cards like immediately. And in India, for funds to go through to PP balance to Bank balance - it takes a good 1-2 days time for clearance and for the funds to become available.

Now coming to my problem. I am not an ebay seller however I do intend to start a shop in Shopify soon with dropshipping. I have everything ready, the brand, supplier, a few customers (Who are interested in my products that I have been pre-promoting), site/social media marketing and basically everything ready. However if I use my normal India Paypal which is fully verified and is a Business account, the problem is when a buyer would buy something - I won't have that fund in my Paypal balance and rather it would get withdrawed immediately. Whereas if I had an US/UK Paypal. The balance would have been there and I could directly send the payment to my supplier. Instead of having to wait a good 2 days before the funds become available which also creates problems for me as I don't want that balance to come to my Bank balance and than send it again to my supplier (Would create some major problems for me which I wish to avoid). No one can do business like that and I don't want to either.

Now firstly, I got recommended by one of my friend who said - I should opt for a Paypal account from here: VCCBusiness.com (I don't know if it is a good thing or bad thing and I probably did a mistake by buying from them and I should have consulted you guys before it). I got the 35$ Verified account which judging by the details was made in 2016 and is a personal account. But the problem is - one of my client sent a payment yesterday of 25$ for an ebook I wrote (So I thought I would use this new Paypal to test it out). The funds have now been available in my balance but I can't seem to use the Paypal balance to buy something or use it to send it as Friends and Family to my friend. Why is that, it has not been 48 hours yet. It just barely passed the 24 hours mark a few minutes ago from now. Also I noticed, that a lot of people in this site - downdetector.com/status/paypal (Were complaining that Paypal is having serious issues as like me, some people are having trouble sending money). So I don't know if it just that or if it is something from my side. Please tell me what to do. I don't want my 25$ to get stuck there and not be able to use it.

Regards.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Hello & Greetings (To everyone).

No help for me? :(
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth

1. Don't follow up with a "No help for me? :(" - people are busy and you should just wait for reply.

2. Also your post is way too long and too many strings of words. Space it out - simplify it.

3. For your information, I won't read your entire post - too much. Space it out - try again.

Good luck.

p.s. I scanned it and saw Family and Friend...not a great thing to use on PP repeatedly.
Old 11-15-2017
Threadstarter  

I am sorry.

I was just having issues and I thought being specific about the problem would better help people understand what exactly is happening to guide me better.

P.S - If you read, you would have understood. I didn't even use Friends and Family to begin with I am just having trouble using my balance which someone sent as payment for goods and services for an ebook I sold.
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Ah digital sales of eBook - that could be the issue. Is your paypal verified and confirmed?
Old 11-15-2017
Threadstarter  

Well thank you for your response.

Yes, as I said - I ended up buying a verified Paypal account because I intended on using for small business payments under 100-200$ a month. The seller of the account said, it would be verified. When I got it 2 days ago, I logged in and it was verified indeed. Not VCC verified but bank verified. Probably there could have been a receiving limit or something which he failed to mention.
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Sorry for the q's but I won't be reading that blurb of yours so that's why I was clarifying.

In the case of your account, I am thinking that your payment might have a hold on it - maybe even the 21 day hold on it or just a temp hold while payment is processed.

Next q: what are you using to access the PP account - I mean, what kind of IP?
Old 11-15-2017
Threadstarter  

I don't mind the Q.

Well I didn't get any notification so far about the money being on hold but as you said, it could be.

Q. Answer: I am using a VPS with a static US IP.
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RappaJoy View Post
I don't mind the Q.

Well I didn't get any notification so far about the money being on hold but as you said, it could be.

Q. Answer: I am using a VPS with a static US IP.
Ok good for the IP - hope not some overabused free service. In your case, I would just wait out a bit more time - few days or so. As long as your PP is not limited, the money is there, just wait it out - sadly not much else you can do.
Old 11-15-2017
Threadstarter  

No it's a VPS with a Dedicated IP, server services has been provided by Vultr and Dedicated IP provided by OpenVPN. So that is one thing I did look into. Not going after cheap or free VPN's or stuff. So yea, I will just wait out and see as I really am not facing any other issues. Hopefully it works out So thank you for taking the time to answer my foolish questions and what not.
Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RappaJoy View Post
Well thank you for your response.

Yes, as I said - I ended up buying a verified Paypal account because I intended on using for small business payments under 100-200$ a month. The seller of the account said, it would be verified. When I got it 2 days ago, I logged in and it was verified indeed. Not VCC verified but bank verified. Probably there could have been a receiving limit or something which he failed to mention.
You are misunderstanding how a PayPal account works.

A bank account verifies the account.

A VCC confirms the account.

This is how an account works.

Old 11-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Welcome to the forums friend.
Old 11-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
You are misunderstanding how a PayPal account works.

A bank account verifies the account.

A VCC confirms the account.

This is how an account works.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was looking for exactly this kind of help.

So I guess the seller duped me I guess I have to confirm the account with a VCC as well than. Maybe that could be one of the reason on why I am not being able to send money or spend it. And the reason I don't understand how this whole thing works is because Paypal India operates in a completely different manner regarding confirmation and verification. So thank you for explaining how it works generally out in the US/Europe.

Because before this, I never had any other Paypal account. The Indian one that I do have is a business one and it is using completely different details from this one.

Last edited by RappaJoy; 11-16-2017 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Welcome to the forums friend.
Thank you kind sir.
Old 11-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Rappa Joy,

Here are my thoughts for you. You are faced with learning many new things. I know from many many hours here, there is much that gets said. But often what we want to learn about is never explained.
Let me take some time to ask you some questions.
How long have you sold online?
Do you know about other options for Indian users?
What I always suggest is not rushing to do things. I understand how different PayPal is in India
Old 11-16-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Rappa Joy,

Here are my thoughts for you. You are faced with learning many new things. I know from many many hours here, there is much that gets said. But often what we want to learn about is never explained.
Let me take some time to ask you some questions.
How long have you sold online?
Do you know about other options for Indian users?
What I always suggest is not rushing to do things. I understand how different PayPal is in India
Of course and I thank you all for your respective guidance in trying to help me.

1) I have never sold online before. I just started to think about it a month or so ago because I want to support my family a bit more than what I am currently doing (We are kinda going through a rough phase and any extra contributions would help). Plus one of my friend encouraged me to try out dropshipping via Shopify (He had success with his and if we go to comparing, I have far more experience in branding/selling/looks of products/styling/marketing. So I thought I'd give it a try). Now I have done my fair share of research and everything on that matter and I think, that with a little bit of effort - I can manage it. It's just that the whole payment processing thing comes in question. Apparently payments done on any Shopify stores clears out to Paypal in 1-2 days time which allows for immediate purchase from said supplier or manufacturer. But if I use my Indian Paypal Business account, the funds will be available in 1-2 days after which it will get withdrawn to my bank account which takes another 4-5 days of clearance time. Plus for every transaction getting cleared to my personal bank account would create other financial problems for me. And in this business, loosing that much of time is like Bye-Bye shop

2) Well this was supposed to be the best option available to me at the moment. So the other options that are available is not viable to me or it is something that I won't be able to utilize currently.

Well I do agree with you 100% on that. Never should we rush into things
Old 11-20-2017

Longevity: 65%

welcome to the forums!

« Howdy | Hello! »