Reports of eBay's (Paypal) New Dispute Process in Action - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Reports of eBay's (Paypal) New Dispute Process in Action

Any one had any of these experiences?

Reports of eBay's New Dispute Process in Action

sounds like more BS coming down the pipeline from eBay...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2009

Longevity: 87%
Default More New Policies...oh, boy

Well, I have had a chance to read the new changes. I have to say it looks like more buyer protection and less seller protection. Next you know they are going to just take the money from your Paypal without telling you anything upfront. The part of the changes that say Ebay will refund the money out of there own pocket! Yah, right!! I believe they will just favor more to the buyer and give them their money and come after you for the refund which it says they will do. So far, I have been lucky that I have not had allot of problems with buyers. No major buyer horror stories. I am not happy about giving up more control to ebay over my transactions.
Old 04-28-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

hadn't seen anything about this one yet. sounds like another winner..
Old 04-28-2009
Banned

Longevity: 95%

That is why I have redirection link in my ebay auction to ebay like checkout page when buyers want to buy it now. No transaction through Ebay is one less hassle. They still checkout with Paypal so they are protected. Plus, I always deliver the item and make sure they are satisfied or else I give them a full refund. Out of thousand of transactions I have only had 2 refunds, and one complaint from a buyer that did not know how to use the product correctly.
Old 05-01-2009

Longevity: 89%

I am not one to complain but WOW:

"Later that night the seller wrote and said he was prepared for 2 day expedited shipping. I wrote back that the deal was off as Ebay was refunding my payment. My money arrived in my Paypal account and the seller is no longer registered."

When going through the dispute process, both buyers said they explained the situation to an eBay representative by phone and were immediately refunded, and the sellers suspended.

This is just ridiculous! So now they don't even bother to ask the seller's side, they just suspend you?!

EDIT: I am actually smiling right now because its only a matter of time before ebay falls hard. Soon, no one will want to sell on ebay, and they can kiss the buyer asses all they want cuz they aint gona have anything to buy!

As a comparison, I sell on another big auction site(though not an English one). Do you know how we do business there? We give the buyer our bank account after the auction ends, and after I see the money in my account I then send the item. So technically the buyer has zero protection, and yet the site exists and 99% of people are satisfied with it. The fees are low, the transactions are easy, and it has millions of members. Now why cant ebay do that??

Last edited by mmac900; 05-01-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2009

Longevity: 86%

dear sycore,

how can I do this as well? I mean to redirect buy it now link? Do I need to have a merchant account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycore View Post
That is why I have redirection link in my ebay auction to ebay like checkout page when buyers want to buy it now. No transaction through Ebay is one less hassle. They still checkout with Paypal so they are protected. Plus, I always deliver the item and make sure they are satisfied or else I give them a full refund. Out of thousand of transactions I have only had 2 refunds, and one complaint from a buyer that did not know how to use the product correctly.
Old 05-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac900 View Post

EDIT: I am actually smiling right now because its only a matter of time before ebay falls hard. Soon, no one will want to sell on ebay, and they can kiss the buyer asses all they want cuz they aint gona have anything to buy!

Yes correct they will and soon! You just have to take a look at the number of listings to see that now. After a few years away from eBay I am now shocked to see it.

Before, if I did a search for LV bags there would be loads... admittedly the majority are ⊗⊗⊗⊗, but hey if the buyer is happy to pay for it then let them be! Now try doing a search for LV bags and u'd be lucky to get may be 3 pages worth...

EB is missing out on loads of fees I bet, and also PP now too.

I did a search for Ralph Lauren in all categories recently and cannot belive that I got through all the listings in a very short period of time, before, there was no way I would be able to go through all Ralph Listings in one hit.

EB is just trying to be a wannabe boutique-sy type bs auction site and in the end the only thing they will hurt really is their pocket!

Also seems that its a bit harder to sell on EB now too... appears that before u can make 300% profit on a highend cosmetic item... now u r lucky to make 50% from what I have seen so far.
Old 05-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac900 View Post
I am not one to complain but WOW:

"Later that night the seller wrote and said he was prepared for 2 day expedited shipping. I wrote back that the deal was off as Ebay was refunding my payment. My money arrived in my Paypal account and the seller is no longer registered."

When going through the dispute process, both buyers said they explained the situation to an eBay representative by phone and were immediately refunded, and the sellers suspended.

This is just ridiculous! So now they don't even bother to ask the seller's side, they just suspend you?!

As a comparison, I sell on another big auction site(though not an English one). Do you know how we do business there? We give the buyer our bank account after the auction ends, and after I see the money in my account I then send the item. So technically the buyer has zero protection, and yet the site exists and 99% of people are satisfied with it. The fees are low, the transactions are easy, and it has millions of members. Now why cant ebay do that??

PS> can u pls tell me what auction site u r selling on besides EB?
Old 05-22-2009

dear NadiaLauren,

what Ebay best alternative would you personally suggest to use? I've read about some, but their traffic is not so big...:(
Old 05-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by madforart View Post
dear NadiaLauren,

what Ebay best alternative would you personally suggest to use? I've read about some, but their traffic is not so big...:(
Madforart sorry I am not so sure either as I said I have only come back on the scene after being done over by EB and literally lost a very successful business over their stupid dealings with us as sellers (including PP)

So now am just putting my feelers out there and have asked the previous poster where he might be auctioning his as it sounds like hes doing well there :D
Old 05-22-2009

Longevity: 89%

I am also selling on ioffer, though thats not the site I mentioned above. It's my dirty little secret:D
Old 05-22-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 99%

like ioffer...especially with vero