What other crypto-currencies do you recommend? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

View Poll Results: After Bitcoin, which Crypto do you think will become most successful?
Ethereum 10 41.67%
Bitcoin Cash 1 4.17%
Litecoin 7 29.17%
IOTA 3 12.50%
Monero 6 25.00%
Other (post below) 4 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Question What other crypto-currencies do you recommend?

We have a few crypto savvy members on the forum, so I thought I'd pose the question to get your opinions.

I'm planning to diversify my crypto-currency portfolio as follows:
{80%} Bitcoin
{10%} Ethereum
{10%} Deciding between Litecoin/Bitcoin Cash, Monero, etc..

So to all the savvy members, what do you think of Ethereum, does it have a future?, and what suggestions do you have for other coins that may take centre stage in the future?

P.S. Steering well clear of ICOs.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: What other crypto-currencies do you recommend?

I recommend more Ether in your portfolio than 10%. It's shown more potential so far than any other crypto. People are funding movies and paying dividends to investors in Ether apparently. Ether is the only crypto I know of being used to fund actual projects. I don't know much about the "smart contract" feature but I've heard it makes Ether more suitable for real world applications.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/five-...eum-based-apps

https://www.disruptordaily.com/top-1...-and-projects/

https://emovieventure.com/

I bought (a good bit) of them in June when ETH was just passing $200. It's been a fun ride so far.

I haven't been tracking it very closely since I made my investments and stored them but I think Bitcoin Cash is doing very well too. Who knows how high it will go though...

Honestly I wouldn't bank so heavily on BTC at this point. It could be a bubble that could burst soon.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 12-08-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2017

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I recommend more Ether in your portfolio than 10%. It's shown more potential so far than any other crypto. People are funding movies and paying dividends to investors in Ether apparently. Ether is the only crypto I know of being used to fund actual projects. I don't know much about the "smart contract" feature but I've heard it makes Ether more suitable for real world applications.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/five-...eum-based-apps

https://www.disruptordaily.com/top-1...-and-projects/

https://emovieventure.com/

I bought (a good bit) of them in June when ETH was just passing $200. It's been a fun ride so far.

I haven't been tracking it very closely since I made my investments and stored them but I think Bitcoin Cash is doing very well too. Who knows how high it will go though...

Honestly I wouldn't bank so heavily on BTC at this point. It could be a bubble that could burst soon.
I think i differ from your point ,ETH is not raising as monero ,and monero has ring CT which makes it unique and privacy is the key,None wants to reveal to whom they are sending in public ,so monero will take bitcoin's position (or atleast 2nd position in the future) ETH looks solid but lot of crap tokens and smart contracts around it ,which makes ETH not much serious coin like monero or bitcoin IMO
Old 12-08-2017

Longevity: 41%

ETH isn't patented; it's only worth so much because it's legitimate but so far, all the coins that have been based off ethereum smart-contracts have enjoyed the biggest gains. If this changes in the future and large companies actually use ethereum, then the price will grow, but it's only up 20% since it's mid-year high of $400 and that only happened the last couple weeks. 20% is abominable in crypto terms. I feel like those who got in pre-April before the 20x spike are the only people still mining it and have interest in it. ZCash has a similar pattern. If you bought or built a GPU miner for Zcash or ETH and don't have the interest to change coins, you're still gonna back those cryptos.

IOTA also has corporate backers, but the price has skyrocketed the last month. This could have happened because it had a small price per coin and smaller cap in comparison.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/commen...ips_corporate/
Old 12-08-2017
Threadstarter  

I'm liking these discussions, very interesting points raised... it's got my thinking cap going.
Old 12-08-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Anything that solves real problems...a big thing for me is data.
Old 12-08-2017

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 44%

I would go to WorldCoinIndex.com and set the list so the highest market caps are at the top. I'd invest in the top 5-10...re-adjusting accordingly every month. By diversifying this way you will increase your odds. If anyone's thinking your going to pick a winner and turn a ICO into a Lambo.... Highly unlikely.... When money moves out of BTC it moves into the top alt coins and vice versa. It will even out the dips... But some of these Alts get more movement than BTC. (IOTA) up 50 some % in one day....

For the poll: As of today I'd have to say Ethereum or IOTA to make it that big... but it'll take years...

(IOTA isn't really even blockchain tech) it's next Gen...

Last edited by nate; 12-08-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-08-2017

I was debating which coins under $2 I should put some money into after I saw this EOS & IOTA pump happening. I saw EOS and knew IOTA was gonna be next, but I sold when it dipped from 1.40 to 1.25 because I don't like holding 30% in one alt because I can't stomach the dips. I decided to check the list again for the next pump and then got tired because of so many coins. I should have just stuck to the top 10. NEM was right under my nose. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nem/

Ripple doesn't fit the pattern of coins under $2 getting pumped because the market cap is so high. But can it be the anomaly? What type of volume would it need to have to get to $1 and $40 billion in market cap? it seems insane to think that could happen.

Moving down the list we see a ton of coins that could be candidates. Cardano and NXT just had their runs, but there's no reason they can't get pumped again. If you look at Cardano ADA, you'll see it was trading around 1500 Sats during its pump last week. It's now at 700 Sats. There is no way to predict for certain which coin is next, but I'm sure the writing is on the wall.

https://coinmarketcap.com/
Old 12-08-2017

ETN is mooning right now... Been the most profitable to mine for the last 3 days.... I'm estimated to make $300+ a week with my 9 GPU's. Its up 49% in the last 24hrs at 12.7 cents...

Last edited by nate; 12-08-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-08-2017

Longevity: 65%

I’m no expert but I feel pretty much diversified to the best of my ability

90% Dogecoin
10% Potcoin
Old 12-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
ETN is mooning right now... Been the most profitable to mine for the last 3 days.... I'm estimated to make $300+ a week with my 9 GPU's. Its up 49% in the last 24hrs at 12.7 cents...
Pretty sweet setup nate
Old 12-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo View Post
I’m no expert but I feel pretty much diversified to the best of my ability

90% Dogecoin
10% Potcoin
90% in one alt probably means you either have little invested or are just freerolling this whole way. I like the play though.
Old 12-09-2017

I exchanged 1 ETH when it hit $500 last night for BTC while it was at $15.8k and change... I hope I don't regret it, highly unlikely but you never know... I put in a sell order on the BTC for 1.5 ETH so lets see how long it takes me to make a half a ETH token on the exchange.

Aspkin, you need to put a 🚀🌛📈 in the smilies section...
Old 12-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Tomorrow futures launch, would be interesting to see how it impacts Bitcoin and the rest of the alt coins. Might help with making a decision as to where to invest.

I'll definitely be adding Ethereum to my portfolio. Thanks for all the input so far
Old 12-09-2017

Which ever way it goes I know one thing... I'll be intense.

All you new investors, don't stress if it starts to crash 📉... HODL... You didn't buy in on a margin so they cant kick you out unless you sell.

There's a good chance this thing will end up being the new monitory world standard which all currency is based. There'll only be 21 million coins. The block-chain is incorruptible. There's never been anything like it in existence. If the price of gold went up like BTC has this year they'd be ripping holes in the earth to try to find more. Gold has to be melted down and tested for purity, BTC does not. Don't forget these facts... It is what it is and it cant be altered.

Ethereum's already backed up their block-chain once to retrieve hacked coins proving it can be altered. Bcash is just a Chinese knock off stealing the name, and BTC will implement the lightning network so high fees and backed up transaction wont last forever.

These next couple months will be all about smart money testing the waters and after that it'll be open season for all big money. Those that short this volatile thing with limited supply will eventually get their clocks cleaned.

The only way this bubble will bust is if the Government bans it... Even then it'll come back...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
Play (12-09-2017), vogeltron (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:

All you new investors, don't stress if it starts to crash 📉... HODL... You didn't buy in on a margin so they cant kick you out unless you sell.

There's a good chance this thing will end up being the new monitory world standard which all currency is based. There'll only be 21 million coins. The block-chain is incorruptible. There's never been anything like it in existence. If the price of gold went up like BTC has this year they'd be ripping holes in the earth to try to find more. Gold has to be melted down and tested for purity, BTC does not. Don't forget these facts... It is what it is and it cant be altered.

Ethereum's already backed up their block-chain once to retrieve hacked coins proving it can be altered. Bcash is just a Chinese knock off stealing the name, and BTC will implement the lightning network so high fees and backed up transaction wont last forever.

These next couple months will be all about smart money testing the waters and after that it'll be open season for all big money. Those that short this volatile thing with limited supply will eventually get their clocks cleaned.

The only way this bubble will bust is if the Government bans it... Even then it'll come back...
the Government bans it... I laughed so hard..
Old 12-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:

The US Government isn't the only government in the world. But 4 sure cryptos would take a hit there if the US would ban them. They should ban paypal first And btw. thank you for your insights, following your threads about cryptos 4 a while now.
Old 12-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I've been on here since 2015 in the Crypto threads.

I own BTC, LTC, and have smaller positions in NEO, Vertcoin, EOS. I have some tiny positions in DASH and Monero that I should add to but I don't want to give up any BTC.
Old 12-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:

That's not true. Government intervention is usually reactive to a bubble bursting, not proactive. There are numerous ways BTC could crash. BTC can be used for virtually nothing aside from holding it as an investment - so calling it a "currency" is inaccurate at this point. If enough big names start to say BTC is a Ponzi or a huge bubble about to burst, investors will start selling off. Investors are the only reason the price is ballooning. Once/if BTC starts crashing it would be a domino effect just like every other economic depression in history. Once a mass sell-off begins the price starts crashing. Once the price starts crashing there are no buyers to purchase your rapidly declining BTC. In the end you're stuck with worthless BTC that you can't spend anywhere.

I'm not saying for certain this is going to happen but it's certainly a possibility. I've done tons of research both pro and anti crypto. I know there's no precedent to compare a crypto's growth to. But more and more people are starting to say there's no way BTC can keep growing at this pace. Within a year BTC's market cap would be higher than the total amount of $ circulating in USA.

Old 12-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Within a year BTC's market cap would be higher than the total amount of $ circulating in USA.
Bitcoin is accessible worldwide, and expands to all countries across the globe. So it's only right it's market cap would be higher than the total amount of currency in one country alone (USA).

Either way, your statement is incorrect. The BTC market cap right now is $259,641,161,070, and the total amount of USD is $13,170,000,000,000 (recorded 31 DECEMBER 2016).

Bitcoin would need to grow by 5000% next year to equal USD, let alone surpass it. It hasn't grown that much in the last 2 years put together, the chances of it happening next year are unlikely (though not impossible, never say never with BTC).

P.S. Of course it's not a currency, people have come to terms with that. But it's an adaptable technology, and improvements (lightning network) are already in the works.

Last edited by Play; 12-10-2017 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
BTC can be used for virtually nothing aside from holding it as an investment - so calling it a "currency" is inaccurate at this point.
And why? Because of people like us. You and me and all the other ppl here in the forum. Trying to make a buck or two with egay, respective gaypal or amazon. Accepting to be banned from their platforms, accepting their ridiculous conditions that make us slaves to their system. Because we follow Gaypal and Amazon like ****ing sheep. Instead after getting banned for breaking their stupid rules we rather try to get back on their train than using the solution that's right in front of our nose. That's why.
The Following User Says Thank You to dachilla For This Useful Post:
Underhand (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017

Longevity: 50%

IOTA - amazing cases. It's actually interesting to imagine free usage and applications across IoT. They got some good interest from MSFT and others in industry. Definitely think they are a solid long term play.