Paypal lets buyer get over... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Paypal lets buyer get over...

I sold a golf club for $325. The buyer keeps emailing me asking when it's arriving, etc. I get suspicious because he's either a little kid, slow, or he's up to something. Well... low and behold, the driver arrives and he makes a paypal dispute saying the club is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and look nothing like the clubs in the store. I call paypal and tell them I think he's trying to cheat me and send me a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ club back. I tell them I have the original receipt from where I purchased. They tell ME to escalate it to a claim and provide all the details before he does it. So I do all that... the buyer ships me back this ⊗⊗⊗⊗ used POS. A week later... paypal rules in the buyers favor. So I'm out $325!!!! WTF

If that's how paypal does business, I could go buy a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ purse for $30 buy someones $2000 one and send them back my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one and get my refund!!! How is that fair for paypal to do?????????
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Sadly there are some buyers that would do that. Paypal has no way of knowing if you really sent that cheap golf club to him in the first place. Plus the buyer can easily do a charge back if he payed by credit card, leaving paypal out of money, which sure isn't going to happen! So most of the time they side with buyer.
Old 05-21-2009

Longevity: 87%

Does thi sbuyer have a bad track record/feedback? Maybe it was a hit and run. Oh well, it'll all come back to him if he doesn't repent.
Old 05-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Maddawgxxl, I feel your pain. Paypal Sucks when it comes to Disputes. That is one of the reasons I don't like to sell High priced items. PAYPAL should have a Option for all buyers and Sellers to send the item to PAYPAL for inspection before siding with them (Not to be confused with Escrows). This is definitely a flaw in the system where anyone can make false claims and get away with it. Unfortunately when the economy is down it brings out mischief behavior in people.

I suggest contacting Ebay/Paypal to let them know the buyer returned a F-A-K-E item and made a false claim. Ebay/Paypal will have it on record and if the buyer does it again then they will know it was intentional and possibly suspend their account or limit them.

Hope this helps.

BooMer
Old 05-23-2009

Longevity: 93%

Unfortunately, this is not too uncommon. Bad buyers will use a good seller as an exchange service. There are cases where the buyer sent back an empty box and received a refund through PayPal.
Old 05-25-2009

Condolences guy. Very similar to what happened to me
Old 05-26-2009
Threadstarter  

yeah paypal didn't care. I was the one who escalated it and called them and I had a feeling he was going to do this. She said all the notes are on file. I even offered pics and everything. All I got was a nice email telling me the ruled in favor of the buyer. WONDERFUL!!!

This was the last paypal transaction I accepted... I'm now using a cc processor and have only had one person request the auction be canceled because he couldn't pay with paypal.
Old 05-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

That is so typical of paypal. Good move to not use them any longer
Old 05-26-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

If I lived near that buyer, or even within 1000 miles, I would make road trip out of it and pay him a visit. Probably not for $300 but if it were more... I don't mind driving.

You could try and call the guy, let him know you know where he lives, you have proof of ****, you have the police on stand by , etc.. scare the crap out of this guy.

Maybe, he'll be wise and cough up your money.

Grr, I hate people like this.
Old 05-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddawgxxl View Post
I sold a golf club for $325. The buyer keeps emailing me asking when it's arriving, etc. I get suspicious because he's either a little kid, slow, or he's up to something. Well... low and behold, the driver arrives and he makes a paypal dispute saying the club is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and look nothing like the clubs in the store. I call paypal and tell them I think he's trying to cheat me and send me a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ club back. I tell them I have the original receipt from where I purchased. They tell ME to escalate it to a claim and provide all the details before he does it. So I do all that... the buyer ships me back this ⊗⊗⊗⊗ used POS. A week later... paypal rules in the buyers favor. So I'm out $325!!!! WTF

If that's how paypal does business, I could go buy a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ purse for $30 buy someones $2000 one and send them back my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one and get my refund!!! How is that fair for paypal to do?????????
Your story broke my heart a little. :(
Old 05-28-2009

Longevity: 98%

Maddawgxxl, you should call the buyer's local police department.
Old 05-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Create an ad with the story, including the thief's name and complete address, and then send it to the guy and threaten to have it printed in the local newspaper.
Old 06-01-2009

Longevity: 94%

You gotta be careful with that kind of thing because he can come right back and sue you for slander since there really kinda is no proof that you did what youre accusing him of
Old 06-01-2009

This happened to me witha cell phone about 4 years ago.

I sold a brand new cell phone on ebay, the guy does a "Bait and switch" files a claim and sends me back a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ celly.. not only was it a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ celll phone, it was a Dummy display phone.

I got the cops involved took about 2 months but i got my money back...

situations liike this you can't just sit back and be a victim, you gotta get the "law" involved. Call his local police department tell them everything.

That's wire fraud and mail fraud!

if you have a receipt of everything.. and even pictures it's a strong case in your favor.
Old 06-02-2009
Banned

I had a similar situation, but I "stole" my money back from paypal. Set up a f@ke paypal account with link to online bank of America account with debit card. Send payment to f@ke paypal, withdraw using debit card. Then file a claim with real paypal account that used credit card as payment. They should find in your favor, but will still try to screw you with "no funds in sellers account" Then you file chargeback with you CC company and get your payment back.