Paypal asking for Valid ID -Funds release question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-12-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Paypal asking for Valid ID -Funds release question

Hi guys ive got a question

basically the 180 day limit is coming up on my account in the next week or so. i phoned to see if i could get it released early(usually works), however the women on the phone was very rude! she implied the id isn't genuine etc and said the funds won't be released even when the 180 days are up as they need valid id.

My question is, is this correct? surely the funds are mine and they cannot keep the funds just because they like? is the women on the phone just being awkward and rude or will i need to submit more id's? the id's look fine to me and are a drivers license and gass utility bill.

How do i get my funds released guys the release date is coming up in around a week or so!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-12-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Paypal asking for Valid ID -Funds release question

They are scums, they've been known to steal whenever they feel like it..
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
thegodfathertm07 (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfathertm07 View Post
Hi guys ive got a question

basically the 180 day limit is coming up on my account in the next week or so. i phoned to see if i could get it released early(usually works), however the women on the phone was very rude! she implied the id isn't genuine etc and said the funds won't be released even when the 180 days are up as they need valid id.

My question is, is this correct? surely the funds are mine and they cannot keep the funds just because they like? is the women on the phone just being awkward and rude or will i need to submit more id's? the id's look fine to me and are a drivers license and gass utility bill.

How do i get my funds released guys the release date is coming up in around a week or so!
Guys anyone???
Old 12-12-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Best to wait the 180 day period and then give a call again. But it wont surprise me if you do whatever they tell you, and they don't release the funds. There have been cases reported on the forums of such situations.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
thegodfathertm07 (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Best to wait the 180 day period and then give a call again. But it wont surprise me if you do whatever they tell you, and they don't release the funds. There have been cases reported on the forums of such situations.
if they still dont release the funds would it be worthwile getting some more id? its over 300 so would like to get it out as it isn't change

what about threatening legal action if they dont release the funds would that work.

the women on the phone had a right attitude too so really want to get one over on her, could tell she had great satisfaction in saying ''your id isn't accepted'', and ''You know why'' and ''it hasn't passed government checks'', please stop lying women!
Old 12-12-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

I've not experienced this, so perhaps someone else can assist you here.

But from my understanding, it may not just be what you submit that's being denied, but if you happen to be selling high risk items, that could also play a part in their *decision making process*. I know that is certainly the case with Amazon UK. I wouldn't be surprised if PayPal use the same tactic.
Old 12-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Think ill wait till the release date and see if it releases the funds if not ill phone up on the release date.

on the resolve issue page it says ''we are parting company, after 180 days we will email you to release your funds''. that states on their page that they will release the funds so they must have to abide by that.
Old 12-13-2017

Longevity: 77%

This is a behaviour that paypal introduce recently, before i never hit by docs request after 180 days to get funds released. But now i have 2 accounts where i have to give docs.

Notice that from an account, i can get 20 euros at each time ( so they can take 1 EUR each withdrawal i make ), but on the phone they request documents.

The truth is that technical parts is totally not wired to headquarter decision.

They are the first scammers in the world, remember this.
Old 12-14-2017
Threadstarter  

They arew the biggest theives! won't release funds until they get ID.
Old 12-14-2017
Banned

Longevity: 37%

Anybody got luck withdrawing funds after 180 days? Never got email, also ID was submitted but they keeping my money almost 300 days. Any ideas?
Old 12-16-2017

Longevity: 42%

One of my accounts has passed 180 days and they will not give back the funds unless ID is provided. It’s a few hundred too. I’ve just had to leave it. I’ve taken them to court on non stealth accounts successfully but I don’t think you’d be able to do a small claims in a stealth account ... having said that, they never go to court they just release the funds... but you’d have an address issue - I’m not sure how you’d get the paperwork ...
Old 12-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfathertm07 View Post
Think ill wait till the release date and see if it releases the funds if not ill phone up on the release date.

on the resolve issue page it says ''we are parting company, after 180 days we will email you to release your funds''. that states on their page that they will release the funds so they must have to abide by that.
No, they do not abide by that.

Why? Because the feckers have in their general T&C they can do what they want even if that eventually involves holding your funds.

This started with the UK in Late October about 3 years ago. Many have had funds retained.

When the account was first limited what exactly did you do. Could I trouble you to tell me all the steps you did,please.

thegodfathertm07 (12-19-2017)
Old 12-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
No, they do not abide by that.

Why? Because the feckers have in their general T&C they can do what they want even if that eventually involves holding your funds.

This started with the UK in Late October about 3 years ago. Many have had funds retained.

When the account was first limited what exactly did you do. Could I trouble you to tell me all the steps you did,please.

nothing mate, i rided the 180 days out. then i phoned a month before and asked for the funds to be released and they said send in identification, no problem, so i sent in the passport and utility bill, i phoned back and the women said the id's have been rejected. then she started acting cheeky saying the id's are not genuine and ''you know whats wrong with them etc'' just being rude without proof. so i goes ill submit my drivers license then and utility bill and she goes ''no it won't be accepted, and you know why'' before ive even sent it in?

so ive left it until the release date to see if the funds are going to get released automatically, paypal are theiving rats.

any help/tips on what to do guys.
Old 12-19-2017

Longevity: 42%

Same boat mate. I've taken to Twitter now but heard nothing from the 'special team' and they're ignoring my tweets. As I said I did a small court claim a couple of time on non stealth and funds were released. Not sure if doing it on a stealth would be wise. I wouldn't mind some advice on that myself. They never do go to court mind, it just gets released!
Old 12-21-2017

Longevity: 36%

i have the same problem. 2 stealth accounts and won't accept ID :(