30,000+ FB lost overnight ! thanks eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-31-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default 30,000+ FB lost overnight ! thanks eBay

Hi All

Firstly, I am so glad i have found this forum and thank everyone who has posted so far and built a wonderful resource tool

And especially BIG THANKS to Aspkin for putting this site and offering the info for free

Well a little about me, my life has changed for me overnight last week - incurring the wonderful wrath of eBay overnight and loosing nearly 10 eBay IDs overnight and combined feedback of over 30,000 transactions

I have been on eBay late 1999, and it has been my full time profession for the last 5 years, and i employ 3 staff.

Selling under several IDs i had different streams of income (each appropriate to the ID) and boasted several powerseller rating on these IDs and a turnover of over £50,000($100,000) per month.
and overnight ALL taken out - ZIP BANG gone linking to my only suspended account which went over 3 years ago. Not a word, the same generic email to each

I am now left with no means of income, eBay was my livelihood, pays my mortgage, feeds my kids, pays my employee’s wages and sat on an eBay specific inventory of stock worth about £400,000 :(

Jeez, you only realise the S**T is hitting the fan when it’s too late

This happened last week and i have spent, many hours and hours researching, reading, evaluation all the info out there on the 'dark side'
of eBay and PayPal that i have never been exposed to before

Despite it being my livelihood, i have hated eBay & PayPal alike with a passion, in the past 3 years of so greedy corporate goats forever chewing and leaching the grass off a
bald lawn

Anyhow, this has happened and theres no way of getting away from that now and crying over split milk, i need to take positive action to get back on line

From what i have read on these forums so avidly, i thought i would give out some opinions and thoughts on what i have read over this past day and my current situation

1. Something NEW has definitely been implemented in this past month 'behind the scenes'

I know this to be true because i have been using eBay oblivious to ways ones should keep 'anonymous' and from out of their cross hair
In fact i would go so far to say as i should have been ran down years ago by the eBay truck
(You name it i have done, accessed eBay ID from abroad, crossed referenced PayPal accounts, added real details, read emails from eBay,
not cleared cookies/histories, used same IP address to access several and many accounts)

Despite breaching all the NO NOs - ALL my IDs have all been fine for such a long time, the oldest suspended ID was from 1999 !

2. With all these IDs i have several PayPal accounts appropriate to the eBay ID - some in virtual names some in my real business names

Yet all these are fine, spotless not even a warning or not even a smell of limitation

3. I am based in the UK and it appears USA is affected in the same way

4. The recent posts on this forum i have read from these past few days regarding the none acceptance of gift cards for new accounts ,
i think eBay must have the prefixes of these cards to red-flag, the pre fix will be same 4 digits for each card

5. i know of several other PowerSellers who have had their multiple IDs taken out in this past week or so
again some with FB over 10,000

I will close on this note:

i) Is anyone on this forum from the UK

ii) Does anyone know of any pre paid visa/MasterCard gift cards here in UK ?

iii) Can an account be set up from the USA using one of these VC cards but i could sell on here in the ?

iv) Does anyone have an established eBay account & PayPal account (FB of 10+) ready to purchase/take over?

I look forward to giving some help on this forum

thanks
PAULUSS
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2007
Executive [VIP]

pauluss, welcome aboard the ship!

we're all in the same boat (vessel, canoe, whatever you want to call it :D) here. to lose 30,000+ feedback..wow, that really sucks! i think what most will want to know however is how you sold 30k items without being suspended some on here got suspended for selling less than 10 items.
Old 08-31-2007

thats why i think its good to try and sell as much as fast as you can on an id and then move to another an keep doing that in a large rotation.
Old 08-31-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

That's insane Pauluss! Your whole life put on hold because of eBay. I hope you learn from this mistake and try to diversify your income in the future. The good news is, you didn't do anything wrong to get suspended, and once you have an account going again, unless you accidentally link somehow, you should be okay for awhile. As for accounts for sale, you can contact coopster72 or Chris Hanson to set you up with one. Good luck!

eBay Accounts for Sale - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums

Last edited by aspkin; 10-31-2015 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-31-2007

Longevity: 99%

sorry to hear bro really sorry man....I hoped you screwed them on ebay fees....
Old 08-31-2007

actually if you never verify with real info and use all virtual cards they cant prob. ever find you and ebay will NEVER GET PAID lol
Old 08-31-2007
Executive [VIP]

seriously, with 30,000 feedback lost you should contact a news agency. even if it's just a local one and then go from there. i'm sure there are newspapers out there that would die for a story like that.
Old 08-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluss View Post

I will close on this note:

i) Is anyone on this forum from the UK

ii) Does anyone know of any pre paid visa/MasterCard gift cards here in UK ?

iii) Can an account be set up from the USA using one of these VC cards but i could sell on here in the ?

iv) Does anyone have an established eBay account & PayPal account (FB of 10+) ready to purchase/take over?

I look forward to giving some help on this forum

thanks
PAULUSS
Hi Pauluss

i) I'm in the UK. Only had 1 power seller account with 2,500 or so feedback but lost that about a year ago. I started a new account right away and have been using that happily for a year without worrying about account links/IP/etc. So like yourself, I think it's a recent implementation of something...in the UK at least. Everything gets put on the UK site after the US.

ii) NatWest, they sell Gift cards. Not sure if you need to be a NatWest customer (I am one) but I'm going to pick one up tomorrow to play with. As for any others, I'v efound a few but they all seem to have annoying fees involved. It shouldn't be a problem for you but I wasn't actually using eBay to earn a living.

Prepaid Credit Cards
Considering a prepaid Credit Card? Apply online for your new prepaid MasterCard from MyCashPlus now.

A google search brings up many.

prepay credit card - Google Search

iii) doubt it. The IP address you access the net from will identify you as being from the UK.
Old 08-31-2007

You go get 'em.
You will be back up...you've already done a lot of your homework.

I got a new account up and running in the last couple of days with a GC and created a corresponding acct at PP with it.
I did get some grief originally from EB saying I needed a bank account, but I waited a day, went to sign up and designate my method to pay my EB fees and switched from CC to PP and used the same card for both and breezed right through.
My first item <$10 on a different account ends tonight so we will see how that goes.
Old 08-31-2007

[QUOTE=Del;8948]Hi Pauluss

i) I'm in the UK. Only had 1 power seller account with 2,500 or so feedback but lost that about a year ago. I started a new account right away and have been using that happily for a year without worrying about account links/IP/etc. So like yourself, I think it's a recent implementation of something...in the UK at least. Everything gets put on the UK site after the US. [/endquote]

Actually it seems like UK has lately been the testing ground for much of the changes ebay implements to its other sites.

Are most of these prepaid credit cards you're talking about like gift cards or real credit cards? I haven't looked much into them. Do you have to have a certain credit score to be eligible or can anyone join?
Old 09-01-2007

[QUOTE=Jack;8968]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
Hi Pauluss

i) I'm in the UK. Only had 1 power seller account with 2,500 or so feedback but lost that about a year ago. I started a new account right away and have been using that happily for a year without worrying about account links/IP/etc. So like yourself, I think it's a recent implementation of something...in the UK at least. Everything gets put on the UK site after the US. [/endquote]

Actually it seems like UK has lately been the testing ground for much of the changes ebay implements to its other sites.

Are most of these prepaid credit cards you're talking about like gift cards or real credit cards? I haven't looked much into them. Do you have to have a certain credit score to be eligible or can anyone join?
Pre-pay cards can be credit cards. The one I got today is a Mastercard. Credit scores don't come into play as I paid cash in a shop to get mine.

Londis do the IDT Prime Payment card (has the Mastercard logo on it) or you can get one from Prime Card - Home Page. Thing I don't like is 2% transaction fee (min. 50p), dormency fees, etc.
Old 09-01-2007

Sounds like a gift card then.
Old 09-01-2007

Yeah, pretty much. Gift cards are basically prepay cards, right? :D

eBay's accepted mine so seems to work fine
Old 09-01-2007

i feel so sorry and shocked to read your story.. its no doubt very sad how ebay just trashes all the hardwork in no time.. i m also from uk and have been hit by same tragedy twice.. ebay for me is also the sole source of income.. but i have learnt my lessons.. m trying to get hold of ebay again... and so far i m successfull (touch wood).. reading paulas story i m realizing a fact that once u r back in business u forget that u also hold a suspended account which can still be tracked.. so my advise for everyone is to be very very cautious everytime u log on ebay.. take all the precautions aspkin guide tells u.. and u should be fine. about paypal.. i m considering nochex at the moment as a very potential replacement lets see..
Old 09-05-2007

So sorry for your loss Pauluss. But alas, it's ebay. We shouldn't expect any less.