Keeping the Balance Below $1,000 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-05-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

On some stealth guides, it says keep the balance in your PayPal under $500, other guides say $1,000 or less or you will get limited. But I see people selling items worth $9,000 on stealth accounts? What is the most you can receive on the regular stealth account without it being limited? How can I increase the amount of money I can receive so I don't have to worry about being limited. I'm not talking about the 200 transaction $20,000 limit, but I've heard if you have $1,000+ sitting in your balance, PayPal will limit you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-05-2018

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Keeping the Balance Below $1,000

There's no magic number to avoid. Paypal doesn't automatically limit someone if they have $1000 sitting in their account.

I sell expensive items that range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per item. I am able to do that because I built up a trust with Paypal first.

You don't want to receive a $1000 payment on a brand new account because you haven't built up a positive reputation with Paypal yet. They don't know who you are, so they will place a limitation on your account to find out. But, if you spend some time receiving small payments - especially if you upload tracking and have no issues with buyers - then you'll reach a point where you can receive larger and larger payments.

After the 21 day holds is a pretty good rough time frame when you can start to increase the type of payments you receive.
Old 01-06-2018

Longevity: 42%

Its basically don't keep more in there than you are comfortable losing, because a limitation can happen on any account at anytime.
Old 01-06-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
There's no magic number to avoid. Paypal doesn't automatically limit someone if they have $1000 sitting in their account.

I sell expensive items that range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars per item. I am able to do that because I built up a trust with Paypal first.

You don't want to receive a $1000 payment on a brand new account because you haven't built up a positive reputation with Paypal yet. They don't know who you are, so they will place a limitation on your account to find out. But, if you spend some time receiving small payments - especially if you upload tracking and have no issues with buyers - then you'll reach a point where you can receive larger and larger payments.

After the 21 day holds is a pretty good rough time frame when you can start to increase the type of payments you receive.
When does the 21-day hold stop?
Old 01-06-2018

Longevity: 72%

Only a fool keeps $500+ in their PP account.

Unless $500 means nothing to you, clear that thing out!
Old 01-07-2018

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

I always keep far more than $500 in my accounts simply because I'd like to be able to make large purchases without drawing from my credit card.
Old 01-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mine View Post
I always keep far more than $500 in my accounts simply because I'd like to be able to make large purchases without drawing from my credit card.
We're talking about stealth accounts, not real accounts.
Old 01-07-2018

Either way, it's foolish. They're almost as likely to close an account with your real name as a stealth account.
Old 01-08-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
It depends on whether you're talking about payments from eBay sales, or just normal Paypal payments, because the requirements are slightly different. For eBay, the holds come off when: it's been 90 days since your first sale, you have at least $250 in sales, and 25 transactions. Once you've met all of the above, then the holds should be removed. Paypal occasionally will still hold payments if they consider it to be high risk.

But basically after 3 months of steadily receiving payments is a good, safe time to start receiving larger payments. Just try not to have sudden huge spikes in payments either in volume, or dollar amount.

It's also possible to use a credit card on a stealth account. You just need access to the stealth address, and have your credit card billing details match that.

Last edited by plumsake2; 01-08-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I keep about 3-5x the average sales price of an item worth in the PP account at all times to keep it "purring" so to speak.
Old 01-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumsake2 View Post
It depends on whether you're talking about payments from eBay sales, or just normal Paypal payments, because the requirements are slightly different. For eBay, the holds come off when: it's been 90 days since your first sale, you have at least $250 in sales, and 25 transactions. Once you've met all of the above, then the holds should be removed. Paypal occasionally will still hold payments if they consider it to be high risk.

But basically after 3 months of steadily receiving payments is a good, safe time to start receiving larger payments. Just try not to have sudden huge spikes in payments either in volume, or dollar amount.

It's also possible to use a credit card on a stealth account. You just need access to the stealth address, and have your credit card billing details match that.
Have you noticed the 90 day rule seems to be followed less and less lately? Lately under 60 for me.....
Old 01-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaversa View Post
Have you noticed the 90 day rule seems to be followed less and less lately? Lately under 60 for me.....
Do they hold payments over $500 after the 90 day?
Old 01-09-2018

Envy: that's not the way it works. You gave some other bad advice in another thread, why don't you read the Guide and do some work and get an idea what's going on before leading people down the wrong path?

I've drawn down large payment balances over a week or two to spread out the risk.

My average sale is about $20, I leave maybe $50-60 bucks in there to cover any unexpected charge-backs and I move the money from the bank account attached to PP to another account every day so there's no balance in my attached bank account.

If things go wrong, I can always get a visa gift card and attach it to my PP and use it to pay any refunds or other issues, but I'll do it on my terms, not PP's.
Old 01-09-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Envy: that's not the way it works. You gave some other bad advice in another thread, why don't you read the Guide and do some work and get an idea what's going on before leading people down the wrong path?

I've drawn down large payment balances over a week or two to spread out the risk.

My average sale is about $20, I leave maybe $50-60 bucks in there to cover any unexpected charge-backs and I move the money from the bank account attached to PP to another account every day so there's no balance in my attached bank account.

If things go wrong, I can always get a visa gift card and attach it to my PP and use it to pay any refunds or other issues, but I'll do it on my terms, not PP's.
I never give bad advice. I’ve dealt with stealth and PayPal for years. Anyways, you don’t need to add a prepaid and all this other complex stuff you’re doing. The bots don’t know you added a prepaid to cover any chargebacks... along with all that other extra stuff you’re doing. You get limited when you trigger their system.

Last edited by Envy; 01-09-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-09-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaversa View Post
I haven't made any new accounts for personal use recently, but that sounds like good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Once the holds come off, all payments should go to your balance instantly, but sometimes they will hold an unusually large payment if it's your first one. For example if you normally receive $10 per payment and then get a $1000 payment, that $1000 payment may be held.
Old 01-09-2018

Originally Posted by Envy

Yeah, I see all the experience you're bragging about.

You only get limited if people dispute friends and family payments. And when you do, it's usually a permanent limitation unless you have invoices and supplier info, etc... So you're safe receiving...

So very inaccurate in SO many ways.

With all those years of 'experience' why don't you know this?

you don’t need to add a prepaid and all this other complex stuff you’re doing. The bots don’t know you added a prepaid...

The bots most certainly DO know it's a prepaid card. They have an entirely different series of numbers than a regular credit card. They're instantly recognizable as a prepaid card.

I never give bad advice. I’ve dealt with stealth and PayPal for years.

Okay. Got it.

Last edited by dallis; 01-09-2018 at 08:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
Elliot (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Envy: that's not the way it works......

I know new members to this forum might be very experienced, but that's almost never the case.

The stealth guide is pretty much the basics that you NEED to understand, and the info in the forums are just gravy that help make your life easier with specific issues or to be more efficient- but the info you read in the forums is usually only as good as the member who posted it.

New members often come and present some really good questions (among all the regularly repeated ones) but I would never take advice or depend on the answers provided by someone who hasn't been here a long while with an established presence here. Major props to the members (Dallis) who take the time to patiently correct the misinformation brought here by overconfident newbies so that the forums stay an accurate and dependable source of information.
Old 01-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy

Yeah, I see all the experience you're bragging about.

You only get limited if people dispute friends and family payments. And when you do, it's usually a permanent limitation unless you have invoices and supplier info, etc... So you're safe receiving...

So very inaccurate in SO many ways.

With all those years of 'experience' why don't you know this?

you don’t need to add a prepaid and all this other complex stuff you’re doing. The bots don’t know you added a prepaid...

The bots most certainly DO know it's a prepaid card. They have an entirely different series of numbers than a regular credit card. They're instantly recognizable as a prepaid card.

I never give bad advice. I’ve dealt with stealth and PayPal for years.

Okay. Got it.
First of all, what I post on other threads have absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Secondly, you don't specialize in what I specialize in... From my experience, I received hundred of large friends and family payments across multiple stealth accounts and don't get limited until someone disputes one as "item not received." It happens because PayPal thinks you're getting people to send money as personal payments to avoid holds/fees or to scam them so they can't get their money back. Also, it doesn't matter if you add a prepaid to show PayPal "just in case" someone charges back you have them covered, the bots don't understand that... All they know is suspicious activity, they don't care if you have them "covered" with a backup card...

And just because I'm asking questions about when 21-day holds are removed doesn't mean I'm inexperienced with PayPal. I'm trying to get an exact answer to when they're removed and what amounts I can received without getting another hold. There isn't a definite answer it seems, which is why I'm trying to get the median and conclude it from there. I never spent time building accounts to get out of the 21-day hold because I don't sell things on eBay and I sell virtual items and always want my payments instantly. I always get people to send it as personal payments. Sometimes people feel safer when they can send the payment through goods and services.

Last edited by Envy; 01-20-2018 at 10:27 AM.