A few weird esty questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Etsy Discussions

Etsy Discussions Etsy Forums. General discussions on Etsy, direct checkout, account suspensions, suspended, banned and more.

Old 01-10-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default A few weird esty questions

Hi guys!

First of all, I wanted to say that finding this forum was a godsend.

I've read several pages of etsy discussion, but still have a few questions - forgive me if they were answered before. I can't afford the Stealth Book at the moment. I'll be grateful for any answers.
I want to open a new esty store after being banhammered. I'm based in Europe so I figure there are no SSN problems.

1. I have a fresh bank account, not yet used. So this might be a weird question: Esty divides shop creation into steps, like: 1. shop name 2. first listing 3. billing info, etc. So I started the process, new shop name, I uploaded 1 listing, and went trough to putting in billing information (fresh bank), did put in the IBAN and SWIFT (no personal info besides my card holder name) but didn't go through with this step (something felt off, lol) - does anyone think that unfinished thing left a mark in their system? Is that CC toast?

2. I'm planning to use a friend's ID, but still use aforementioned fresh CC (with my banned name) - is this safe? I saw an old Gladiator post saying "Using an unburned bank is fine, but using a card with your burned info will get you banned" Should I go through with VCC then?

3. Lastly - My shop got permanently suspended because I had tons of ****ty reviews (depression sucks and doesnt mix with making custom products on time, lol). I recently decided to go back to essy after a year of not using it. I logged in, I paid my overdue bills, but they didn't lift the suspension - I contacted them and then got the dreaded answer, that yes, they wouldn't put up with my **** any longer.
So the completely unrelated question is - I was using esty before moving to a new city. I now use a new IP, but I DID log into etsy using it, just once - is that IP toast just because of that one single log-in? I mean, over the course of having my etsy shop, 2009-2016, I moved a lot and used at least 15 different IPs on regular basis and never had any problems.
If I set up new PC user account, clean up photos, change MAC address of my PC, use tethering, I'm good to go?

Sorry for this excessive blabbing - I'd hate to burn new CC or especially my friend's info setting up a new store. I understand it might not work on the first try, but I'd be grateful for any answers from you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2018

Longevity: 36%
Default Re: A few weird esty questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanabanana View Post
Hi guys!

First of all, I wanted to say that finding this forum was a godsend.

I've read several pages of etsy discussion, but still have a few questions - forgive me if they were answered before. I can't afford the Stealth Book at the moment. I'll be grateful for any answers.
I want to open a new esty store after being banhammered. I'm based in Europe so I figure there are no SSN problems.

1. I have a fresh bank account, not yet used. So this might be a weird question: Esty divides shop creation into steps, like: 1. shop name 2. first listing 3. billing info, etc. So I started the process, new shop name, I uploaded 1 listing, and went trough to putting in billing information (fresh bank), did put in the IBAN and SWIFT (no personal info besides my card holder name) but didn't go through with this step (something felt off, lol) - does anyone think that unfinished thing left a mark in their system? Is that CC toast?

2. I'm planning to use a friend's ID, but still use aforementioned fresh CC (with my banned name) - is this safe? I saw an old Gladiator post saying "Using an unburned bank is fine, but using a card with your burned info will get you banned" Should I go through with VCC then?

3. Lastly - My shop got permanently suspended because I had tons of ****ty reviews (depression sucks and doesnt mix with making custom products on time, lol). I recently decided to go back to essy after a year of not using it. I logged in, I paid my overdue bills, but they didn't lift the suspension - I contacted them and then got the dreaded answer, that yes, they wouldn't put up with my **** any longer.
So the completely unrelated question is - I was using esty before moving to a new city. I now use a new IP, but I DID log into etsy using it, just once - is that IP toast just because of that one single log-in? I mean, over the course of having my etsy shop, 2009-2016, I moved a lot and used at least 15 different IPs on regular basis and never had any problems.
If I set up new PC user account, clean up photos, change MAC address of my PC, use tethering, I'm good to go?

Sorry for this excessive blabbing - I'd hate to burn new CC or especially my friend's info setting up a new store. I understand it might not work on the first try, but I'd be grateful for any answers from you!
Buy a credit card gift card, call them up and register it in your friend who you're using name and address then sign up with that. After the card is done keep it on file as the card for the account but pay your essy bill with your payment account.

Can you really get banned from having sh.i.tty reviews? I get some 5 star then I will get a slew of bad ones from losers. I am getting friends to buy my products at a discount (then reimbursing them, not sending anything out) and having them write reviews to keep my star rating up.
Old 01-12-2018
MU

Longevity: 82%
Default Re: A few weird esty questions

You do not need to use others info.

And yes you can be banned for bad reviews. You drop below 4 stars and you'll get reviewed because clearly you're doing something wrong - whether it be poor product or terrible shipping times. If you claim you get a bunch of "losers" dinging your shop to the point you have to ⊗⊗⊗⊗/buy reviews - you're the problem.