If I withdraw from business PayPal, does the bank see the person or business name? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-31-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default If I withdraw from business PayPal, does the bank see the person or business name?

If I withdraw from a business PayPal using a business name e.g. "Moto Parts UK" and withdraw onto a bank account, will the bank see the above business name or the name of the person the PayPal account belongs to?

The reason I'm asking because I'm using a new bank with no feedback yet whether they accept mismached withdrawals.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: If I withdraw from business PayPal, does the bank see the person or business name

Anyone? reason I'm asking because I want to test withdrawing to a new bank account that doesn't have feedback yet about mismatching names.
Old 01-16-2018

Longevity: 46%
Default Re: If I withdraw from business PayPal, does the bank see the person or business name

Considering people have had issues with banks blocking from mismatched names, I'm gonna say yes, the bank can see the name from PayPal whether personal or business name.
Old 01-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Of course the bank can see the name on the PayPal. In fact, I see ALL the names of my PayPals on the deposit transaction history in my online banking. It's part of the item descriptions.
Old 01-17-2018

Longevity: 36%

PayPal can't see your name if you're withdrawing money. You can see the names of the PayPal accounts the money is coming from.
Old 01-13-2019

Longevity: 36%

Sorry for digging this up but don't think the OP was answered in full and I have a similar question.

I've a business paypal setup with my stealth name 'John Jones' and that paypal also has a business name which is say 'Mark Smith' When I send or buy items using that paypal the other paypal accounts receiving the money see 'Mark Smith'. When I withdraw money to my bank do you think the bank see 'John Jones' or 'Mark Smith'?
Old 08-19-2021

Longevity: 51%

does anyone found answer for it yet?
Old 08-19-2021

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmyday View Post
does anyone found answer for it yet?
The bank see´s the name of the source account and the name of the Beneficiary. When you open your Paypal account you have the option to receive deposits in your business name or your personal name. So if you select to have your deposits sent to your bank under your business name. Mark Smith LTD. The beneficiary name on the deposit file sent to your bank would be Mark Smith. If your Bank account was opened under the name John Jones then it would be up to the bank to allow or reject the deposit but they would obviously see the name of the beneficiary of the funds. Usually banks are more relaxed with mismatch names on corporate accounts then they are with personal accounts. Remember business banking is a bit more complex then personal banking as many countries allow you to have a registered name and a DBA name or subsidiary set-ups where a parent/holding company owns other companies so it would not be unusual for a company to receive a deposit here and there under the registered name, a DBA or subsidiary. Its not good accounting practice but most banks in most countries wouldn´t give you a hassle. Notice I said most not all...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gotya108 For This Useful Post:
99p (11-08-2021)