Coinbase - only reputable exchange which holds coins of value - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

Old 01-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Coinbase - only reputable exchange which holds coins of value

Coinbase only add coins they think are of value, which is good of them in my opinion, because unlike other exchanges who have almost every other single coin out listed and many likely to gather dust and become history because they other exchanges don’t really care if lots of the coins they sell will fail because for them they want to be seen as the exchange that holds ‘lots’ of different coins, whereas Coinbase in my opinion only holds coins of value and coins of technological value.

Coinbase refused to hold Ripple because they can’t see it going anywhere but other exchanges are selling it.

I’d stick with Coinbase, but may have a look at Binance at some point?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Coinbase - only reputable exchange which holds coins of value

Nice theory... So you are saying you're going to wait until Coinbase adds a coin and then you're going to buy it?

I'd say most of the money is made before a coin is added to Coinbase.

Also I don't think Coinbase can't be regarded as an exchange, because unlike binance they offer very few coins to exchange.

Last edited by dachilla; 01-14-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Ill never hold any funds with coinbase. Heard way too many horror stories about them that paint them as the 'paypal' of crypto.
I turned to crypto for a new solution - not more of the same old crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
dachilla (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Oooops, you’d right about most of the money is made before a coin hits Coinbase. I didn’t think of it that way.

Would you recommend Binance?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
Nice theory... So you are saying you're going to wait until Coinbase adds a coin and then you're going to buy it?

I'd say most of the money is made before a coin is added to Coinbase.

Also I don't think Coinbase can't be regarded as an exchange, because unlike binance they offer very few coins to exchange.
Old 01-14-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Would it not make sense to put your Coinbase funds into a hardware wallet or just keep withdrawing funds to your bank account on a regular basis, so you do t leave much funds I .
Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Ill never hold any funds with coinbase. Heard way too many horror stories about them that paint them as the 'paypal' of crypto.
I turned to crypto for a new solution - not more of the same old crap.
Old 01-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
Would it not make sense to put your Coinbase funds into a hardware wallet or just keep withdrawing funds to your bank account on a regular basis, so you do t leave much funds I .
I don't have much knowledge of repeated withdrawals - I know people who keep the funds on the site and others who prefer a hardware wallet so...guess it's users' choice
Old 01-15-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
I'd say coinbase is mostly used to buy and sell coins and binance to exchange them to "alt-coins" or back which can't be bought on coinbase directly.

Once you bought / exchanged the coins you don't want them to be on your binance or coinbase account, you want to keep them either in your hardware wallet or in a software wallet on your computer. At least if you have invested a (in your opinion) serious amount of money.

Last edited by dachilla; 01-15-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-15-2018

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 44%

There was a company at C.E.S. in Los Vegas last week that announced they were going to be competing with Coinbase. They will come out the gate with Segwit enabled.

Coinbase needs competition, they've been doing a ****ty job the last 12 months. But Coinbase has never been hacked, or at least never admitted to it if they did... That's a plus...
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I was surprised that Coinbase didn't add ripple. I kinda bet on that hard and for now lost.

They will add more coins eventually, I would look at overall coincap as to which coins MIGHT be added. Its hard to say with coinbase as they are kinda crappy and I believe lots of insider trading going on.
Old 01-16-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 49%

I was banking on CB adding Ripple as well...which they will eventually im sure.

After the Bitcoin Cash fiasco they are just trying to do everything they can to look more proper now. Announcing no new coins to be added...waiting a bit...then adding new coins. Perhaps after the New Year sell off so their customers can get some cheap new coins...which would be rather convenient for CB as well.

All insider trading and huge amounts of market manipulation...just gotta hope we can make a lil money too along the way
Old 01-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimera View Post
All insider trading and huge amounts of market manipulation...just gotta hope we can make a lil money too along the way
Lil money is such a user-dependent definition...
Old 01-16-2018

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I was surprised that Coinbase didn't add ripple. I kinda bet on that hard and for now lost.
That sux, I want us all to make money... But ripple isn't decentralized and that doesn't fit into coinbase's requirements. On top of that ripple holds something like 60 billion tokens in escrow so if they wanted to manipulate the market they have that power. Ripple was pushed by mainstream media because its in line with the banking system we have now. The one they will do anything to keep in place.

Although ripple isn't decentralized I wouldn't be surprised if coinbase did add it over pressure from the powers that be, but then it would be obvious that coinbase was compromised. (even though we can see it probably already is by them not adding segwit and spamming the BTC network, and the way they helped out Bitcoin Trash... I mean cash)

I'm not against making money so ripple would have been a great buy at 28 cents, but supporting their project goes against my morals and what I believe in. There are plenty of other coins to make money off of so my feelings aren't the least bit hurt I didn't make any money off it.

It was my opinion that ripple was over priced when it 3Xed from 28 cents.

You do you... But I'd sell what ripple I held the moment I broke even and I wouldn't be the least bit sad or disappointed if it mooned after and I missed out.

I look at it as if everyone was buying ****... but I knew it was **** and couldn't figure out for the life of me why people were buying it because its ****... The only logical reason I can think of is someone has to be manipulating it and it could crash at any second when everyone realized what it really was.

On a side note: ETH is a really safe bet, even if Ethereum doesn't do anything with smart contracts it has all the ERC-20 tokens built into their network and have to use ETH as gas. On that alone it will succeed over the next few years. Look up what tokens are ERC-20... Just to give you something to think about if you didnt already know this.

I hope I didnt offend anyone with this post, that wasn't my intention, its only my opinion and is just something to think about... or not....

Last edited by nate; 01-16-2018 at 10:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (01-17-2018)