Account got limited for very weird reason!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-18-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Account got limited for very weird reason!!

Paypal limited my account yesterday and asked for ID as I reached the limit of 2500 €. I sent them my ID and all went smoothly. Now they sent me an e-mail that my account has been limited and they had to end their business with me because they noticed weird activity with my credit card!!!

The thing is I don't have a credit card and I have never added a credit card to my Paypal. I am trying to call them, but I keep getting the automated voice message "Your account was closed" and then they hang up.

I have written them an e-mail and explained that I don't have a credit card....

Has anyone of you experienced this before? Is this a mistake on the side of Paypal's system or is the account gone for good?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2018

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Account got limited for very weird reason!!

Gone for good. That's just a form email, don't put too much weight on the reason they gave.

Probably has more to do with the fact that they don't like what you're selling.
Old 01-18-2018
Threadstarter  

I just called them (after many failed attempts) and talked to one of their employees, he kept me on hold for 15 minutes and then said that he forwarded the issue to the responsible department and I should hear from them within 72 hours!

It probably has something to do with the identity-check and nothing to do with a credit card, because I have not added one to that Paypal account in the first place.
Old 01-18-2018

Don't get too excited, because they're NEVER going to call you back.
Old 01-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Don't get too excited, because they're NEVER going to call you back.

One thing I learned from Ebay & Paypal is that you gotta keep a positive mental attitude when **** happens.

They just sent me an e-mail thanking me for taking the necessary steps towards uplifting the limitation on the account

It was an identity-check process, but the e-mail they sent gave me the impression that the account is gone for good. It read something like this:

"We have analyzed your account and decided to end our business relationship with you. Bla Bla Bl... You can appeal this decision anytime, to do so log in your account and write us an e-mail."

Last year when they limited an account for me for ID-verification, their e-mail was clear that they won't remove limitation before they verify my ID and it was all about that, but this time it was kinda different rhetoric as you can see!

Anyway, thank the universe that this account survived the f**ckness of s***y Paypal, I wish if we had some alternatives to these big names that are dominating the e-commerce scene

Last edited by walkingupwards; 01-19-2018 at 03:03 AM. Reason: typo corrected.
Old 01-20-2018

Longevity: 36%

Could have been anything. You could have registered your account before you were 18... could be because you sent in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID... could be because of disputes... high risk activity... maybe you did a chargeback with your bank on a payment... etc
Old 01-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Could have been anything. You could have registered your account before you were 18... could be because you sent in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID... could be because of disputes... high risk activity... maybe you did a chargeback with your bank on a payment... etc

It was solely an ID-verification process (Luckily)
Old 01-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
It was solely an ID-verification process (Luckily)
If you're certain, then yes lucky
Old 01-20-2018

One thing I learned from Ebay & Paypal is that you gotta keep a positive mental attitude when **** happens.

Yeah, a positive attitude will make a BIG difference in the final result of what EB & PP do.

Grab a positive attitude in one hand and a huge hairy turd in the other and squeeze both real hard, then check to see which of the two is poking out between your fingers...

I prefer to only take carefully calculated risks, play it safe as much as possible, and avoid trouble so I don't have a problem that requires me to need the shallow reassurance of hopes and dreams and positive attitudes.

Last edited by dallis; 01-20-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Grab a positive attitude in one hand and a huge hairy turd in the other and squeeze both real hard, then check to see which of the two is poking out between your fingers...

https://youtu.be/3hzFjXK2dks
Old 01-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post

Yeah, a positive attitude will make a BIG difference in the final result of what EB & PP do.

I prefer to only take carefully calculated risks, play it safe as much as possible, and avoid trouble so I don't have a problem that requires me to need the shallow reassurance of hopes and dreams and positive attitudes.
This is 1000% true. Attitude is everything when it comes to dealing with EB & PP, particularly over the phone.

Keep this in mind:
The first frontline rep you speak with when you call hears customers bitch & whine about their accounts, nearly constantly, day in and day out. It's a thankless job, and these reps have heard it all before... Your call is "just another" whiny customer usually complaining, or explaining WHY it's SO UNFAIR to have been suspended. Others play the victim, or act like they did nothing wrong, when in fact they should own up to their mistakes when appropriate.

When you call these people, BE VERY NICE, in fact, go out of your way to STAY CLAM and courteous when dealing with them. You will untimately catch more flies with honey, than be just another crappy, unhappy guy on the other end of the line.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (01-22-2018)
Old 01-21-2018

Oh, I agree being polite pays. Always treat people as good or better than you want to be treated.

Just a positive attitude by itself, though, doesn't necessarily do anything for you.