Paypal reversals - NO EMAIL RECEIVED.. WATCH OUT! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-03-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Thumbs down Paypal reversals - NO EMAIL RECEIVED.. WATCH OUT!

Ok so this is a warning for everyone.

A little while ago, I sold an item and offered a 2nd chance to a buyer. The next day I got an email from the winner who said they could not pay because ebay/paypal was telling them the transaction had already been reversed.

So I logged in to paypal and found somehow the 2nd place bidder had made payment (don't ask me how) and then it had been automatically reversed. Unfortunately I had already sent the item without checking (who does?) my paypal just from the payment email I had. I tried emailing them but they're probably thanking their lucky stars and ignoring me - also in France so not sure about language barrier or not.

Anyway, I'm selling vero so I can't be bothered with having the noise on my account (the item is only worth $20 or so) and I'm sure ebay will blame paypal and vice versa and I'll get nowhere.

Just yesterday, someone bought an item, I got the paypal email then 5 mins later I got another one for the same item. Again logged in and found they had cancelled it somehow to change the address. This is fine but again I got no 'transaction reversed' email from gaypal.

So basically this sucks and I've found no way to change that in the prefs. This thread is just a warning to everyone else
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2009
Threadstarter  

Sorry, I should say the 2nd place bidder didn't accept the 2nd chance offer, but was somehow able to pay the winning bidder's price (well it was reversed immediately I assume).
Old 06-03-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicyas View Post
Ok so this is a warning for everyone.

A little while ago, I sold an item and offered a 2nd chance to a buyer. The next day I got an email from the winner who said they could not pay because ebay/paypal was telling them the transaction had already been reversed.

So I logged in to paypal and found somehow the 2nd place bidder had made payment (don't ask me how) and then it had been automatically reversed. Unfortunately I had already sent the item without checking (who does?) my paypal just from the payment email I had. I tried emailing them but they're probably thanking their lucky stars and ignoring me - also in France so not sure about language barrier or not.

Anyway, I'm selling vero so I can't be bothered with having the noise on my account (the item is only worth $20 or so) and I'm sure ebay will blame paypal and vice versa and I'll get nowhere.

Just yesterday, someone bought an item, I got the paypal email then 5 mins later I got another one for the same item. Again logged in and found they had cancelled it somehow to change the address. This is fine but again I got no 'transaction reversed' email from gaypal.

So basically this sucks and I've found no way to change that in the prefs. This thread is just a warning to everyone else

that really sucks!
Old 06-04-2009
Threadstarter  

yes, I hope everyone on this site can read this and be aware cause if you're doing stealth with a pricey item it would be a nightmare..
Old 06-05-2009

Longevity: 86%
Send a message via MSN to jamesmct Send a message via Skype™ to jamesmct

I've never had any transactions reversed before...I've just have 4 PayPal accounts holding $5,000 in total that have all been limited so I think thats PayPal's money now. I use a different site with CC these days (I'm getting almost twice the price for the auctions as well) Although I wish I had an eBay account so I could sell off faulty items.

Last edited by jamesmct; 06-05-2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: spelling