Electroneum - recommend where to buy? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > CryptoCurrency

CryptoCurrency Discuss all CryptoCurrencies / coins and their use for personal or business purposes. Bitcoin (BTC) is possibly the best known but there are numerous crypto currencies, this is the forum to discuss them all.

Old 02-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Electroneum - recommend where to buy?

Electroneum, can you recommend a good reliable exchange where to buy Electroneum from? That’s reliable, safe and easy to use to buy/sell and get verified etc
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2018
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Electroneum - recommend where to buy?

Last time i checked you could only buy at cryptopia.co.nz
Old 02-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Maybe message them on FB? I made contact rhat way.

https://web.facebook.com/electroneum/?_rdc=1&_rdr
Old 02-10-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks GreenBean -

Did you buy off an an exchange?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Maybe message them on FB? I made contact rhat way.

https://web.facebook.com/electroneum/?_rdc=1&_rdr
Old 02-10-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
Electroneum, can you recommend a good reliable exchange where to buy Electroneum from? That’s reliable, safe and easy to use to buy/sell and get verified etc
IMHO, stay away, there are better cryptos out there...
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 02-11-2018
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok, which ones are better that you recommend buying?
Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Old 02-11-2018

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 44%

You can mine ETN with CPU so you could be mining it on the computer your writing this on.

Its easy to get a paper wallet address from here: https://my.electroneum.com/offline_p...alletV1.6.html

or download the Electroneum app and set up an account. I've got the app (just to check out their progress) but I haven't imported my paper wallet yet.

(always be careful and double or triple check with other sources when getting a link to a wallet).

Claymore's CPU miner is easy to set up on Windows. Its what Im using to mine ETN on multiple laptops and my mining rigs CPU's.

You can use Claymores no fee option, you wont loose any hash rate with this CPU miner.

Here's the link to Claymores post on Bitcointalk.org were you can download the miner.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647251.0

Here's how I make my batch file (.bat) using NotePad++

1.@echo off
2.echo The program will wait 30 seconds before continuing
3.timeout /t 30
4.NsCpuCNMiner64.exe -o stratum+ssl://etn-us-east1.nanopool.org:13433 -u etnkGyznzS7JWmyUGN99sKTRMmjMPLXu3RJizUX8LEtRaRSHbC NGB6ETzqP2gkDnTFcoW2ecXjDU8c9waEPissMGAeWxrNqwom.WORKER NAME/YOUR_EMAIL -p x -allpools 1 -nofee 1 -mport 0 -r 0

That is set up to mine on Nanopools U.S. east cost server. If you live closer to one of their other servers use that instead. Instructions and server addresses can be found here: https://etn.nanopool.org/help You have to change the red text: ETN wallet address to your own. Then Change the WORKER NAME so you can check stats on Nanopool.org but I wouldnt change the YOUR_EMAIL to your email address because there will be long periods of time between a CPU finding shares and nanopool will keep emailing you letting you know your miner is offline. Its not worth it...

You can skip the first three lines of script if you dont want a 30 second delay but I make a short cut of the bat file and put it in the Windows startup folder so the miner starts every time the computer is turned on or reboots.

In case you dont know how a batch (.bat) file works you place it in the folder with the miner .exe file and double click the .bat to launch.

With a quad core processor you can expect a little over 100 ETN a month.

This is just my opinion, but I wouldnt buy this sh1t coin with fiat.... Its way too early to tell if it will survive.

All ETN is is a exact copy of Monero with a 21 billion coin cap and a app that is suppose to let you mine it with your cell phone but they haven't got that far yet. They do have the app tho. and a nice set up for making a paper wallet offline.

I think they are going to have to have some Linux devs make some of the LINUX packages in arm7 before they'll be able to get the mining part of the app to work.

I tried to run my own version of the LINUX version of XMR-STAK-CPU miner on a Android device using Linux Deploy and UNIX tools but some of the packages needed aren't available for the arm7 version of LINUX.

They obviously ran into the same problem when trying to make the mining part of the app.

Last edited by nate; 02-11-2018 at 10:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
Ok, which ones are better that you recommend buying?
The only two I would recommend are Bitcoin and Ethereum. They work with Trezor and Ledger hardware wallets and the only exchange you have to use is Coinbase/GDAX

Now if you like to gamble and figure out wallets and take chances with ****ty exchanges....

Monero is the only other project with a working product and has their own original innovative tech that's been tried and tested I would think about risk fiat money on. But your going to run into problems figuring out the wallet and have to take chances with ****ty exchanges.

Everything else is a copy, doesn't have a working product, their road map will be impossible to achieve, or is a ICO. Every ICO is only worth its price in BTC or ETH anyway... When ICO Dev's cash out you can bet you ass it wont be in their coin because its impossible. It'll be in ETH or BTC.

Of course you can make money with every coin out there but that doesn't mean its good tech.

Ripple is a perfect example. Its one of the biggest sh1t coins out there. There is no use for XRP tokens. It's not mineable , it's not decentralized, your tokens could be locked up or taken by Ripple at any time, and Ripple owns 60% of all the XRP tokens in existence so if they wanted they could literally kill the market.

But can you make money with Ripple?

Hell yea, just as easy as you could lose it!

Trust me, I speak from experience. I've mined sh1t coins, had to figure out the sh1tty wallets, and LOST conis on sh1tty exchanges... I lost 1,520 SiaCoin on Poloniex... They show on the blockchain to the correct address, but have yet to show up in my Poloniex deposits.

How long do you think its taken them to answer my support ticket so far?

More than 30 days no response. Now those 1,520 Sia that were worth $150 when I went to exchange them are worth $20 and change.. FML....

How many days do you think it took me to sync the Sia blockchain to get the Sia wallet to work to send the coins to Poloniex?

4 Whole god damn days.... And I have 100+ mbps internet speed and a Lonovo ThinkPad with i7.

Last edited by nate; 02-11-2018 at 11:50 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (02-11-2018)