craigslist - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-31-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default craigslist

Does anybody sell on craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events if so is it even worth the time.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2007

Longevity: 96%

I tried it and found out that unless you have something very rare it's not worth the time.
When have done better having a yard sale.
Old 09-01-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

You have to be very very careful meeting up with buyers. Only do it in broad daylight in a busy area like gas station or mall. There have been many robberies
Old 09-01-2007

I think the biggest problem I have with CL is searching.
It is still treated like a local newspaper's classified and I have yet to find a way to search all of CL nationwide (I'm looking for a remote for a DVD recorder) I haven't found a way other than to search every damn city!
Also, EB is searchable and can get to be very specific. CL is very primitive in some ways.
CL is getting big and it would be nice if they started to transission to be what they currently are AND a viable alternative to EB.
Probably good for non-shipable items like TVs, cars...I know someone who sold a duplex on CL in 2 days!
Old 09-01-2007
Banned

let me add the source....

craigslist robberies - Google Search
Old 09-01-2007

I LOVE Craigslist, and I have to say around here you better be quick if you see a listing you want cuz stuff FLIES off that site upon being listed!

In the last year I have bought a LOT of furniture, a couple of tools, auto parts, swamp cooler,....all at prices well below the "norm" so to speak.

I have lost out on a whole lotta things too, because I wasn't awake and calling on the ads at 6:00 a.m.....as I said stuff flies off that site in these parts!

I have sold 2 appliances, a lawn mower, and a few other stuffs I don't recall! All went quickly, hassle free and the money was acceptable.

I have gotten some GREAT scores off the "FREE" thread, too! I was given a gorgeous, huge tropical split leaf philodendrum houseplant that if it came from a greenhouse or store would easily cost well over a hundred bucks.

I got a cool compost machine recently, too! Another time someone gave away a certificate for a free therapeutic massage that he couldn't use and I saw the post right away and so that, too, thanks to CL!

But the very best deal from there was last January I was looking through the Pick up trucks as I often do, and saw this guy selling an 86 F250 4x4 crew cab long bed.( me always likee this truck) At the time, I had this old 88 Toyota truck as a 2nd vehicle that I HATED with a passion, and had acquired some years ago from a "friend" who couldn't pay back a loan and needed another one, so I took the hunk of crap in exchange. I always say a girl really should have a truck for when she needs a truck, & that toyota barely even qualified as such!

So I called dude, and asked how much, etc...and how about bartering for stuff as a maybe? And a few days later VOILA, we're at the DMV putting on the new plates and I'm still shaking my head why he went for it! Oh, it was gas mileage, as I recall, and it was not his main vehicle either but I almost felt guilty!

If you had seen the 2 trucks, and then heard this story you would know why I am referred to as the QUEEN of Craigslist by a few folks that did!

BTW, if you do use CL and don't already know about Greasemonkey add-on for Firefox, RUN don't walk and check it out. It makes searching WAY less time consuming as you see the pictures on the results page, you don't have to click each ad. I wouldn't be able to take it if you still had to in order to weed thru the junk, which I will admit there is a bunch of usually.

Anyhow, common sense will keep you safe. I meet people at my storage unit or similar arrangement if I'm selling, I NEVER had people come here to my house, except the truck guy but that was different
Old 09-01-2007
Banned

Not in my area.. Hell you can have an Ipod for sale and someone will set you up here in Detroit

Damn, Michigan Wolverines lost!!:( What an upset... Sorry I just had top add that
Old 09-01-2007

chris hanson didnt you do a whole datelineline special on ipod theves? LOL