eBay keeps suspending accounts not sure why - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-13-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default eBay keeps suspending accounts not sure why

Hello.
I recently created 7 eBay accounts(a little over a month ago), and only 1 of them is still alive, 3 got suspended today at the same time. All suspended accounts got "Your eBay account has been suspended" email, not MC### restriction.

All 7 accounts were created identically:
1. Proxy from same provider
2. Tracfone
3. Stealth name/address
4. No high value/high risk items listed, besides one account

Account 1 - still alive, first sale was made almost a month ago, I also re-used bank account from another stealth(eBay was suspended, paypal was fine). Selling 2 items, ~$30

Accounts 2, 3, 4 - banned at the same time, all 3 accounts had sales and positive feedback, a little less than a month old, I wasn't selling same items, but listing descriptions were made in similar formatting style, but I doubt eBay would suspend accounts because I typed "Free 1-3 Day shipping" at the end of item description, also all my listing descriptions start with item name in bold, but could that really link accounts?

Account 5 - created listing for $20 item, no sales for 3 days, created another $20 listing, completely different item, suspended next day.

Account 6 - created listing for $35 item, got some views/watchers, suspension email after 2 days, without sale.

Account 7 - listed $100+ item, suspended next day.

Do you think the problem could be with my proxies? I haven't tried using any other proxy providers yet.
What I don't understand is why one account is sill not suspended, if the other 6 got linked somehow.
Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks.
Also, forgot to mention that none of those accounts had CC attached, only bank account, could that be a problem?

Last edited by mc_vobla; 02-13-2018 at 03:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mc_vobla For This Useful Post:
joyousnoel (05-28-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: eBay keeps suspending accounts not sure why

Are you using Private Proxies?
Old 02-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Are you using Private Proxies?
Yes, private proxies, although compared to IPBurger they were much cheaper, but I figured if they work for instagram botting they should be fine for eBay. Do you think there is a high chance that the reason for suspensions were proxies, even though one of the accounts is still good? Thanks.
Old 02-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_vobla View Post
Yes, private proxies, although compared to IPBurger they were much cheaper, but I figured if they work for instagram botting they should be fine for eBay. Do you think there is a high chance that the reason for suspensions were proxies, even though one of the accounts is still good? Thanks.
It's possible it's your Proxies, not all Proxies are the same in quality.
Old 02-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's possible it's your Proxies, not all Proxies are the same in quality.
Okay, thanks for advice. I will do a test with both ip providers, see how it goes.
Old 02-13-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%

Ugh... I have seen too many issues with people wanted to "save" money by getting cheap proxies and get in trouble like this.

I prefer to just pay the money for a high quality VPN for a couple bucks extra and not worry about a thing.
Old 02-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Ugh... I have seen too many issues with people wanted to "save" money by getting cheap proxies and get in trouble like this.

I prefer to just pay the money for a high quality VPN for a couple bucks extra and not worry about a thing.
I burned like 15 accounts so far trying to figure out what links them, definitely saved a lot of money on those proxies lol. I will do a test this or next week, hopefully results will be positive.
Old 02-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Hello.
I recently created 7 eBay accounts(a little over a month ago), and only 1 of them is still alive, 3 got suspended today at the same time. All suspended accounts got "Your eBay account has been suspended" email, not MC### restriction.

All 7 accounts were created identically:
1. Proxy from same provider
2. Tracfone
3. Stealth name/address
4. No high value/high risk items listed, besides one account

Account 1 - still alive, first sale was made almost a month ago, I also re-used bank account from another stealth(eBay was suspended, paypal was fine). Selling 2 items, ~$30

Accounts 2, 3, 4 - banned at the same time, all 3 accounts had sales and positive feedback, a little less than a month old, I wasn't selling same items, but listing descriptions were made in similar formatting style, but I doubt eBay would suspend accounts because I typed "Free 1-3 Day shipping" at the end of item description, also all my listing descriptions start with item name in bold, but could that really link accounts?

Account 5 - created listing for $20 item, no sales for 3 days, created another $20 listing, completely different item, suspended next day.

Account 6 - created listing for $35 item, got some views/watchers, suspension email after 2 days, without sale.

Account 7 - listed $100+ item, suspended next day.

Do you think the problem could be with my proxies? I haven't tried using any other proxy providers yet.
What I don't understand is why one account is sill not suspended, if the other 6 got linked somehow.
Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks.
Also, forgot to mention that none of those accounts had CC attached, only bank account, could that be a problem?
if I was you I'd start with one account and see how things go, instead of creating 7 using the same method and in the end all 7 get linked or banned for whatever reason. Try starting with one, if it gets banned start over adjusting your method and thus ruling out mistakes that might have caused the ban. This way you'll soon find a reliable method to create your accounts.

How were the limits on the accounts that you created?
Old 02-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

IP Burger all the way.
Old 02-14-2018

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Private Proxies? understand this is not 2009. Ebay and Paypal have advanced bot detection. I would recommend IPBurger. Don't be cheap, What is the point of saving a few extra dollars when your buring all your hard work down the toliet.
Old 02-14-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
if I was you I'd start with one account and see how things go, instead of creating 7 using the same method and in the end all 7 get linked or banned for whatever reason. Try starting with one, if it gets banned start over adjusting your method and thus ruling out mistakes that might have caused the ban. This way you'll soon find a reliable method to create your accounts.

How were the limits on the accounts that you created?
I understand that would be smarter money wise, but I can't be 100% sure that this 1 account will be good in the long run, because out of those 7 accounts I created, 4 accounts were in good condition, approaching $200-400 first month, then 3 banned at the same time, and 1 still alive and selling. This is what confuses me the most, I am more interested in why this one account wasn't banned like the rest.
Out of those 7, 3 accounts were high limit and 4 low limits.
Old 02-16-2018

Longevity: 49%

I've been having same issues here. Since last month, i have created 8 accounts following all security guidelines and all the ones (6 in total) with high limits (1000 /$25,000) were instantly suspended the very next day. The only ones that have survived so far were the ones with low limit( 50/5000).Now, whenever i get a high limit account, instead of celebrating i start cursing, and when i get a low limit account i celebrate... Go figure. One thing is for sure, eBay has definitely stepped up its game as far as the the creation of new accounts go. I remember last year was way easier to create a high limit selling account and make it survive the first critical month. Now eBay is so much ruthless and really don't give a **** anymore. They will suspend the account with the slightest abnormality they notice.
Old 02-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Funny, I use Private Proxies......have for the past year or so, have I posted any issues? No. Just like with everything, you have to find the right ones, it takes time, research, and some money spent doing so.
Old 02-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

The IP address you use is critical, particularly when you create the accounts.

I'm using a pool of IP's that's never been used with EB/PP before. How do I know this for certain? Because I control part of the ISP that obtained their IP block space directly from ARIN. It's 100% dedicated to my own use. You can't get fresher than that.

Take a close look at the IP/provider and do your research as MM78 suggested above. You also get what you pay for. If you're not certain, use IP Buger or a Fresh IP.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
ebizz (06-21-2020)
Old 02-17-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%

Out of curiosity, if you are just going on with 1 account, why not follow the stealth guide instead and you don't even need a VPN.... as long as your internet is dynamic and you have a router?
Old 02-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercygoat View Post
I've been having same issues here. Since last month, i have created 8 accounts following all security guidelines and all the ones (6 in total) with high limits (1000 /$25,000) were instantly suspended the very next day. The only ones that have survived so far were the ones with low limit( 50/5000).Now, whenever i get a high limit account, instead of celebrating i start cursing, and when i get a low limit account i celebrate... Go figure. One thing is for sure, eBay has definitely stepped up its game as far as the the creation of new accounts go. I remember last year was way easier to create a high limit selling account and make it survive the first critical month. Now eBay is so much ruthless and really don't give a **** anymore. They will suspend the account with the slightest abnormality they notice.
List ALL your steps of account creation - how do you expect a wise analysis? Crystal balls are so rare to come by. Instant suspension the next means you are making a critical mistake initially.
Old 02-17-2018

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
List ALL your steps of account creation - how do you expect a wise analysis? Crystal balls are so rare to come by. Instant suspension the next means you are making a critical mistake initially.
I've been creating account successfully, god knows for how long. I can tell with 100% certainty that in previous years, creating seller accounts with high limits on eBay was a piece of cake. NOT anymore, unfortunately...

I use real t-mobile cell phone numbers. Paypal always is 100% verified. I make sure ip is always different. I have about 4 mobile sim cards that have internet access and i generate new ips with tethering on all of them. I create a new windows account when i want to make a stealth ebay account. However, my suspicion grows that somehow, eBay knows that all accounts are being created from the same computer! Because lately, even on a new windows account i keep getting the captcha thing to verify that i am not a robot on the registration page. How can ebay know that i am trying to abuse their system when everything is new?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-18-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Funny, I use Private Proxies......have for the past year or so, have I posted any issues? No. Just like with everything, you have to find the right ones, it takes time, research, and some money spent doing so.
Very true, been using them for years, it's all about non-abused these days.
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
Ewa (10-09-2019)
Old 02-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

The issue is nothing to do with proxies. It is another aspect of the OP's account creation method that is causing the problem.

Accounts 2,3,4 were suspended for a totally different reason to Accounts 5,6 & 7.

Accounts 5,6 & 7 may well be recoverable if you phone in.
Old 02-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
The issue is nothing to do with proxies. It is another aspect of the OP's account creation method that is causing the problem.

Accounts 2,3,4 were suspended for a totally different reason to Accounts 5,6 & 7.

Accounts 5,6 & 7 may well be recoverable if you phone in.
I am pretty sure if you receive "your eBay account was suspended" email, the account is not recoverable, well at least they say so in the email "Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.". What would they ask you on the phone? This doesn't seem like usual limitation, I don't even know what to expect.
Old 02-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
What would they ask you on the phone?
It varies. Depends on what the items were etc etc.

In a lot of cases the accounts won't be reinstated but you won't know unless you contact them.
Old 02-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

fiercygoat
Some comments based on the below.

How can ebay know that i am trying to abuse their system when everything is new

they create a system to make registration more of a pain that normal.

To add to the pain, a new thread about paypal issues.

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...ss-needed.html

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-18-2018 at 07:34 AM.