Suspension for "Not enough Content" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-07-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Angry Suspension for "Not enough Content"

I was suspended last night and the reason they gave me is "Not enough Content in my listing" They stated that the html code I put in for some reason was saying it was just one photo and no information. This was not true at all. there was a full description of the item and all the technical aspects.

Anyone have any idea what is up with this one?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2009
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitwaves View Post
I was suspended last night and the reason they gave me is "Not enough Content in my listing" They stated that the html code I put in for some reason was saying it was just one photo and no information. This was not true at all. there was a full description of the item and all the technical aspects.

Anyone have any idea what is up with this one?
Yes, that is how accounts get automatic suspension and linked tp previous accounts. If you received a VERO suspension or warning for high risk, they tag a unique phrase you used in your ad, and the killbots look for it and auto suspend. So now they will suspend you for not enough content, because they are thinking you are ducking the killbots. Best to copy a powers sellers ad or use a generic bare minimum ad, and then revise it if it gets by the killbots and listed.
Old 06-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Was your full description listed on the photo?
Old 06-07-2009
Threadstarter  

Question reply to answeres

this is the only account I have ever had for ebay. Never been suspended or anything. Feedback is almost to 100 positive remarks. 100% positive. One vero for a product that is nowhere close to the items I am now listing. None of it makes since. My html from auctiva had all the description in it and several phots were in the html code also. I have used this 100's of time with no problems at all.

Not understanding if this is something new or the competition playing games?
Old 06-08-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
this is the only account I have ever had for ebay. Never been suspended or anything. Feedback is almost to 100 positive remarks. 100% positive. One vero for a product that is nowhere close to the items I am now listing. None of it makes since. My html from auctiva had all the description in it and several phots were in the html code also. I have used this 100's of time with no problems at all.

Not understanding if this is something new or the competition playing games?
contact them and inquire... they shouldn't have jsut suspended you for that...
stupid reason
Old 06-08-2009
Threadstarter  

Default reply

We talked to security and trust and there was no reason for suspension on our part per them. They told us to reply to the email and wait until the account was released. How ever long that will take! I have never heard of this excuse. Some listings were up for 2 days with bids for the items that will go for over $700 before they killed them all except one. They say I can not sell for 7 days.

I need some suggestions on how to get this removed and not have happen again. The listings were set for 3 days and they said I can not do that even though they were already posted for 2 days. Any ideas?
Old 06-08-2009

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
We talked to security and trust and there was no reason for suspension on our part per them. They told us to reply to the email and wait until the account was released. How ever long that will take! I have never heard of this excuse. Some listings were up for 2 days with bids for the items that will go for over $700 before they killed them all except one. They say I can not sell for 7 days.

I need some suggestions on how to get this removed and not have happen again. The listings were set for 3 days and they said I can not do that even though they were already posted for 2 days. Any ideas?
really nothing you can do at this point. wait until the 7 days has passed then try to sell again
Old 06-08-2009

It's true that this is prob a a BS "placeholder" complaint from them, but maybe you should check the html. I've never broken an eb page with a listing but who knows? That seems like such an odd reason (even for THEM lol) there might be something in the code that they don't like. External https calls? External calls that redirect? Body / head/ etc tags? Links to "unsafe" sites? A lot of these kinds of things would stop your actual content from rendering in the real world so it would appear to be an empty page. Just sayin'

Wrong code prob can't get though the auction creation phase but I accept that anything can happen with these jerks.

Put your html in a text file with proper body and head tags, turn on all of IE or FF's safe surfing protections, highest security etc, and see if it will open your page. If it will they are full of crap and there's some other reason.