New Paypal advice please - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 03-06-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Default New Paypal advice please

Hi everyone newbie here. I am looking for some advice before i make a mistake and stuff things up with Paypal!

some background info, had a very large honest business on ebay 4 years ago which got suspended after one too many low delivery ratings due to a failure on a courier companies part. (we sued and won but ebay didn't care, wouldn't even entertain talking to us!)
Lost everything. nearly my home as well!
In a panic, my partner and i tried to sloppily re-set up not realising things could be linked back then. We got suspended twice, once each with our details.

So... Last year we moved house and decided to try again properly from the beginning. Opened a new ebay and paypal with our new address, new bank account, new computers, mobile number, new ip, everything was new except my name. Everything was going fine until paypal asked me for ID. stupidly in my panic and haste i sent a dodgy driving licence picture with a doctered surname (passport had already been used and i hadn't updated my surname since marrying) Immediately the paypal was closed down and funds held etc.

But my ebay was never affected or closed too? that was over a year ago. My gran let me use her paypal which i hooked up and have been using ever since. As this is in her name and her bank account it's not ideal now my business has grown that she keeps transferring me the funds every day! (She sent all her ID and was checked over thoroughly 6 months ago without issue obviously because she's who she says she is)

My business has over 3000 feedback all positive, not a single low rating, 3 members of staff and i'm happy. My allowances are high and ebay have no problem with me. So here's the bit i'm really unsure on...

I have a new passport now (but in the name paypal blocked me with) and a new bank account. I was thinking of using my Ebay buying account i have to link up to a new paypal and start nurturing before unhooking my grans and swapping over once i've passed all the checks etc in a few months when the funds have stopped being held all the time.

So basically it will go like this:

My name (that paypal have on file from a dodgy driving licence)
New passport with new passport number from the one on my last failed attempt
New bank account with a completely different bank
New sim card for mobile number
Wanting to use my business address which paypal don't have (will they know this is a business address?)
Business ip address which again is unknown with paypal
New computers
I have a phone contract in my name to this address as Utility bill proof as and when i need it

The worries i have are these:

My picture on my licence will obviously be a likeness of my new passport, do they go into that detail and pull up people with the same name?
My address being a business one and passing it off as a residential one, will they know?
When getting to the raising limits and confirm your identity stage in a few months, where they ask for business info, i think i got to that stage last time and sent them a document with my business name on, which hasn't changed. Could they link these two together?
I can provide different business documents now but i'm worried the name may be on file?

I'm so nervous to spend my time building this paypal up on a seperate ebay that is linked to my current one. Because what if after 3 months paypal restrict me? If it links to ebay and stops that, it will surely lead to the closure of my business?
Will that happen if it didn't last time? now they are 'seperate' companies. Ant help would be greatly appreciated before i take the plunge. thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-07-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: New Paypal advice please

welcome to the forum - all the best as you learn steath

this is by far one of the longest introduction ever... I hope members will go through it to provide you an helping answer.

Last edited by ilcarletto; 03-12-2018 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-07-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
welcome to the forum - all the best as you learn steath :thum:

this is by far one of the longest introduction ever... I hope members will go through it to provide you an helping answer.
Thank you very much, i hope somebody can help with the concerns i'm having too
Old 03-08-2018
Threadstarter  

anybody?...
Old 03-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 40%

You will be linked via company name etc... my advice to you is start fresh change everything make sure no detail is the and read the Stealth Book, if you need further help or have questions I’m happy to help just private message me. Good Luck 😎
Old 03-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13obby View Post
You will be linked via company name etc... my advice to you is start fresh change everything make sure no detail is the and read the Stealth Book, if you need further help or have questions I’m happy to help just private message me. Good Luck 😎
Thank you for your response. Could you please clarify what a 'fresh change' means?
I have a fully set up business, i cannot simply change my entire company?
The only details they have that would be the same is an old photograph of me from years ago and my name. The business name was on a document i uploaded to them from memory (so they'd have to take the business name from the picture) I can't remember if i gave the business name? I would have wouldn't I? Surley there isn't a way around that then? :(
Old 03-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth
Old 03-10-2018

Longevity: 65%

welcome to the forums
Old 03-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

Welcome to the forums friend.
Old 03-12-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

OP, I would suggest to open a thread in the UK section. Keep it simple... one or two questions in a few lines posts.
You will get help if the thread is simple and short.