Money still stuck after 180 days!!! Help... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-14-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Money still stuck after 180 days!!! Help...

I have a Paypal account that has been limited over 180 days.... I tried adding a new bank account to withdraw the funds but it wouldn't let me. So I called PAYPAL and the agent said the system wouldn't let her as well... So she asked me a series of questions from public records which I failed because it's a stealth account with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name. The only choices I have to withdrawl are 1.) withdrawl by check to someone who doesn't exist. or 2.) to the bogus bank account that came with the account. Am I screwed here?? Please advise...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2018

Longevity: 36%
Default Re: Money still stuck after 180 days!!! Help...

Most people have been able to add a new bank account.
Old 03-14-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by noskillnoway View Post
Most people have been able to add a new bank account.
Do you mind sharing us how?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Have you tried adding the bank account over the phone using the automated IVR system?

I found that sometimes when you can't add it online, it might allow adding it over the phone. If that fails, try a different account at another bank.
Old 03-15-2018

Hey, if I knew anything special to do I'd share but I know many people post they can't add a bank after 180 days but eventually do add it. Sometimes switching devices or browsers maybe even banks as nickopedia said would help. Keep us informed. If you are successful please update this post either way.
Old 03-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Have you tried adding the bank account over the phone using the automated IVR system?

I found that sometimes when you can't add it online, it might allow adding it over the phone. If that fails, try a different account at another bank.
I don't think there is such service like that.

When I say "add/link bank account" the automated system just tell me to login to my paypal and add a bank account online.

Anyways on how to get bank account linked via phone?

Thank you
Old 03-17-2018

Longevity: 72%

You can change the address and have pp mail you a check. have done this all the time.
Old 03-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGETER10 View Post
I have a Paypal account that has been limited over 180 days.... I tried adding a new bank account to withdraw the funds but it wouldn't let me. So I called PAYPAL and the agent said the system wouldn't let her as well... So she asked me a series of questions from public records which I failed because it's a stealth account with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name. The only choices I have to withdrawl are 1.) withdrawl by check to someone who doesn't exist. or 2.) to the bogus bank account that came with the account. Am I screwed here?? Please advise...
What does the bold type mean?

What was the origin of the account purchase?

Old 03-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinijchai View Post
I don't think there is such service like that.

When I say "add/link bank account" the automated system just tell me to login to my paypal and add a bank account online.

Anyways on how to get bank account linked via phone?

Thank you
It is a thing but there's no way to trigger the automated system VS. an actual representative that I know of. Sometimes you get the automated system and sometimes you get a rep. It probably has something to do with the status of your account.

@OP, try going into the "help" section and requesting a code to call in with.
Old 03-19-2018

Longevity: 50%

You're not screwed. Call and get a different representative. That representative is full of baloney when they say you can't add a bank account. The normal process is they send a code to the phone number listed on your account and then they can add the bank account for you. To make sure the account owner is adding the bank. In some cases, they even bypass the phone verification though. If all else fails, file a Better Business Bureau complaint against paypal and they'll for 100% sure help you because the agents who respond to BBB complaints are the highest level of escalation available at paypal. It will take 2-3 weeks to get a response to your BBB complaint though.
The Following User Says Thank You to grant75 For This Useful Post:
yankee (03-21-2018)
Old 03-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

I am not talking about adding the bank account though a representative. I mean call PayPal's 1-800 number and use the voice system- just say "Add Bank Account" and you should be prompted to key in your routing/account # via your touch-tone phone. I have done this many times when I was unable to via the website.

Also try switching browsers and/or using another bank.
Old 03-21-2018

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I am not talking about adding the bank account though a representative. I mean call PayPal's 1-800 number and use the voice system- just say "Add Bank Account" and you should be prompted to key in your routing/account # via your touch-tone phone. I have done this many times when I was unable to via the website.

Also try switching browsers and/or using another bank.
^^^ This might be worth trying if you haven't tried already. However, I will advise on 2 things (second thing is VERY important). First, I've had instances where I've tried adding a bank account using their automated system and it says "we were unable to add your account" so it isn't perfect and in those instances you'd be stuck dealing with paypal's incompetent customer service.

Second thing, PLEASE READ THIS: if you add a bank over the automated system I have a few times gotten a notification when trying to withdraw saying to comply with regulations they need you to send in a bunch of documents to verify your identity before they'll allow the withdrawal. If the details are stealth this won't work obviously and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ documents don't work anymore because they use third party verification to verify the documents. Which is wildly inaccurate anyway and can even reject legit documents. When having a CSR add the bank account, this document request when trying to withdraw is usually bypassed.

Although I have sometimes experienced getting a second limitation and get the document request anyway after initiating the withdrawal. In which case, I'm now sending in a Better Business Bureau complaint each time this happens because they're getting a little ridiculous with identity document requests even after 180 days limitation has passed. I feel if enough people sent BBB complaints about this, they'd stop doing it. At least temporarily anyway.

Last edited by grant75; 03-21-2018 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

The Better Business Bureau might be successful as a last ditch effort assuming you documented your prior interactions with PP in trying to get your funds released. I found that when I filed an online complaint with Silicon Valley (San Jose, CA) BBB, it usually takes 2-3 weeks for the Office of Executive Escalations to contact you. Most of the time they will release it when you do that, but I had two instances where they dug in their heels and demanded valid ID/docs before they would free the money.

Another hard ball tactic that has worked for some people is to mail a CERTIFIED letter (with return receipt) threatening a suit sent to their legal department. Usually that will nearly always get a response, for sure even if you don't really intend to sue. They usually won't call your bluff, and it will be escalated if you do that.

The objective is to get your case escalated as high up as possible, but in some cases it's no guarantee. In that case, your last option would be to being a small claims action in your jurisdiction. But, if it's a stealth account not in your name, good luck with that.
Old 03-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant75 View Post
Second thing, PLEASE READ THIS: if you add a bank over the automated system I have a few times gotten a notification when trying to withdraw saying to comply with regulations they need you to send in a bunch of documents to verify your identity before they'll allow the withdrawal. If the
How recently has this happened to you?

I have a bad feeling this foreshadows what will be standard procedure in the near future.

Old 03-21-2018

Longevity: 46%

I am in the same situation, my Australian paypal account has about 2k and 180days limitation has passed, unfortunately I have accidentally closed linked bank account few months ago. I sent message via Message Centre and they send an email next day saying "Your funds are eligible to withdraw".

Then, I messaged them back and asked if I can add new bank account. In the meantime, I tried to withdraw $1 to the closed bank account and they sent email back saying your bank account has closed and remove it from Paypal. So now, I have no bank account on my Paypal.

Today, after reviewing, they asked me to verify ID before allow me to add new bank.

Is there any thing I can to to get the funds?
Old 03-22-2018

I tried adding a bank account via automated system but, it seems to work only for the US paypal account.

My paypal account is Canadian. It keeps telling me to link the bank online.
Old 07-20-2018

I tried to withdraw today and it went through. Dont know what happened.
Old 07-20-2018

You guys should try to withdraw fund from s--- account today.
AU Paypal pm me for more information
Old 07-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 33%

It sometimes resolves itself by just letting it sit.

Glad to hear it worked out for you
Old 07-22-2018

Yeah, I have been sending many emails via message centre and when they ask for the ID I just ignore it.