Paypal Small Claims Court - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-15-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Re: Paypal Small Claims Court

I've has some success with small claims court in UK for a fixed price platform. Would be interested in comparing notes with others esp. TPS2016.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-16-2018

Longevity: 50%

Have you had different accounts with them?
Old 06-06-2018

Longevity: 33%

I would like help in the form of confirmation that I’m doing it right. I was scammed by Venmo. The buyer must have told Venmo that the payment was unauthorized and Venmo returned his or her money and closed my account without explanation. I would like to sue PayPal in Small Clams Court. I live in Nevada. I understand that the first step is to send a demand letter to PayPal. I was told that PayPal has a registered agent to whom I must send this demand letter. I saw 2 different addresses for the registered agent and I don’t know which is current. I believe it’s this, which I found at https://www.nvsilverflume.gov/businessSearch:

The Corporation Trust Company of Nevada
701 South Carson Street
Suite 200
Carson City, NV, 89701

Is that correct?
Old 08-20-2018

Longevity: 32%

Can I sue paypal in the UK if I'm not a UK resident? Same 180 hold period,
Old 08-21-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,651 Times in 1,248 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin View Post
Can I sue paypal in the UK if I'm not a UK resident? Same 180 hold period,
Ciao Agustin, welcome to the forum.

I guess some more infos are needed to understand the situation of your account. Is it in your name?

Is waiting 180 days, get the money, leave the account and in the mean time operate with stealths not an option?
Old 09-13-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Ciao Agustin, welcome to the forum.

I guess some more infos are needed to understand the situation of your account. Is it in your name?

Is waiting 180 days, get the money, leave the account and in the mean time operate with stealths not an option?

I have a Cyprus account and paypal ireland (or UK) deals with it. It has been 8 months and they wont release my money. Where ahould I sue them at? My bro is a lawyer, can we sue them anywhere they have office at?
Old 09-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabats View Post
I have a Cyprus account and paypal ireland (or UK) deals with it. It has been 8 months and they wont release my money. Where ahould I sue them at? My bro is a lawyer, can we sue them anywhere they have office at?
If your bro is a lawyer, what's his advice?

Legal advice is beyond scope of the forum
Old 09-14-2018

I am interested too, I want my money to be refund back by PayPal that was held unlawfully, please guide me
Old 09-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroffgu38 View Post
I am interested too, I want my money to be refund back by PayPal that was held unlawfully, please guide me
Time to get some legal advice then
Old 09-14-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroffgu38 View Post
You will need to talk to a lawyer RE this
Old 09-15-2018

Longevity: 47%

Stealth or not. Them getting a letter and trying to resolve it before court cost seems like a way to go. Oh what's that? No ssn? What if you are an illegal without documents in the system? Like the millions of illegals? I'd try to test it out myself to see what they would do.

Last time they did that 180 days on me. And rep acted like $600 was my entire life savings and started to get mouthy with me, for no reason. I told him flat out "you are nothing but a 9-5er lifer making what $13 an hour? I make 5 figures a week at times." Then said some other things I don't want to say. Sorry, but at times they really can pull a nerve. And need to be told.

I just can't wait when ebay and pp are done. They are going to lose so much money. Good job pp, I wish they become the next popular brand like Myspace, AOL, limewire, aim, and all those others no longer around. Times up paypal.

I really believe we should start small claims with them and share our stories. Because over the years I seen a lady who got a charge back done for a boat of over $10k+ after that I started to hate them more. But a lot of honest people in this world really need a voice. And stand up against large corporations like paypal. If a kid can take the U.S. government to court over ice cream truck and win, then so can we. Its 2018 times have changed.

My 2 main accounts do over $xxx amount a year and they treat me like gold when I mention these numbers on the phone with a rep. And I do get my way. But that one rep, who was mouthy when I was super nice did it for me.

And most of all good job OP.

Sorry for the rant folks. We are all wealthy, older, wiser, we can test it out. So what ur pp mismatch name was dba brand name? And what? No one ever hear of michael kors? Or Mercedes Benz? Pp really needs to get checked.

Last edited by Jennifer91; 09-15-2018 at 01:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jennifer91 For This Useful Post:
NorthPoleWarehouse (10-03-2019)
Old 09-15-2018

Longevity: 37%

actually ,paypal and ebay always violating the rules and polices not us, they always decide to cancel the agreements between sellers and eBay for no valid reasons,
that' s why I like to play the role of court & Judge , few years ago paypal limited my real accounts without any reasons , no claim no cases ..., I sent all the documents requested by pp & proofs and invoices blablabla and at the end they decided to kill my business after 4 positive years ,
I decided to join this game ,
they steal 4K$ i took 16k$
,I have hundreds of aged stealth PP & EB accounts ,
Once PP will start thinking playing with my accounts i am willing to send them within 2 hours to ICU.
Old 09-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer91 View Post
...Last time they did that 180 days on me. And rep acted like $600 was my entire life savings and started to get mouthy with me, for no reason. I told him flat out "you are nothing but a 9-5er lifer making what $13 an hour? I make 5 figures a week at times." Then said some other things I don't want to say. Sorry, but at times they really can pull a nerve. And need to be told.
That's quite a risk you took there. You could have compounded your problems.

Quote:
I just can't wait when eBay and pp are done. They are going to lose so much money. Good job pp, I wish they become the next popular brand like Myspace, AOL, limewire, aim, and all those others no longer around. Times up paypal.
According to data, this is not likely to happen anytime soon for eBay and more so for PayPal. eBay is the slowest growing part of PayPal's business.

Quote:
I really believe we should start small claims with them and share our stories. Because over the years I seen a lady who got a charge back done for a boat of over $10k+ after that I started to hate them more. But a lot of honest people in this world really need a voice. And stand up against large corporations like paypal. If a kid can take the U.S. government to court over ice cream truck and win, then so can we. Its 2018 times have changed.
The lady who sold a boat worth over $10k was frankly taking a considerable risk.
Call me paranoid, but I won't be doing that on PayPal.

The idea of taking PayPal to court is good for non-stealth accounts. Don't know but I imagine such a claim might be indefensible for stealth accounts.

Quote:
My 2 main accounts do over $xxx amount a year and they treat me like gold when I mention these numbers on the phone with a rep. And I do get my way. But that one rep, who was mouthy when I was super nice did it for me.

Rep probably know this when you call in:
https://youtu.be/09ZSKE38lTU?t=23s

Quote:
And most of all good job OP.
Sorry for the rant folks. We are all wealthy, older, wiser, we can test it out.
Lol, totally enjoyed your post and dare I say most of us have had the same sentiment towards eBay / PayPal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
Jennifer91 (01-06-2019), NorthPoleWarehouse (10-03-2019)
Old 09-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanski View Post
actually ,paypal and ebay always violating the rules and polices not us, they always decide to cancel the agreements between sellers and eBay for no valid reasons,
that' s why I like to play the role of court & Judge , few years ago paypal limited my real accounts without any reasons , no claim no cases ..., I sent all the documents requested by pp & proofs and invoices blablabla and at the end they decided to kill my business after 4 positive years ,
I decided to join this game ,
they steal 4K$ i took 16k$
,I have hundreds of aged stealth PP & EB accounts ,
Once PP will start thinking playing with my accounts i am willing to send them within 2 hours to ICU.
16k must have come from somewhere though
Old 09-16-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post

According to data, this is not likely to happen anytime soon for eBay and more so for PayPal. eBay is the slowest growing part of PayPal's business.

The lady who sold a boat worth over $10k was frankly taking a considerable risk.

The idea of taking PayPal to court is good for non-stealth accounts. Don't know but I imagine such a claim might be indefensible for stealth accounts.

Lol, totally enjoyed your post and dare I say most of us have had the same sentiment towards eBay / PayPal.
What’s this about. EBay is not a part of PayPal business. And yes, they are going to ditch PayPal starting from begining next year. Ebay sellers are living for that day.
Old 09-16-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by byMaX View Post
What’s this about. EBay is not a part of PayPal business. And yes, they are going to ditch PayPal starting from begining next year. Ebay sellers are living for that day.
They definitely aren't living for it, considering it's probably gonna be harder to go Stealth, but I guess their entire algorithm will be maybe changed?
Old 09-16-2018

Quote:
They definitely aren't living for it, considering it's probably gonna be harder to go Stealth, but I guess their entire algorithm will be maybe changed also Adyen has payment methods like paySafeCard, SMS, Google Pay and Apple Pay & PayPal aswell.
Old 09-16-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

about the Algo, that'll change frequently and there'll always be a solution.
That's why this forum exists.

Not saying it's going to be easy to find it, but I believe that if we all work together, we'll find the solution.
Old 09-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
eBay is PayPal's customer. Your customers are part of your business, not always your partners, but still part of your business.

In the last ten quarters, eBay's aspect of PayPal's business has grown a measly 4%. The other 87% of PayPal's business has grown 23%

Forget the maths, I've assumed a meditative posture to allow me to worry about my terminology.
Old 09-16-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post

Hey thanks for the reply. No when I call in they don't know about the 2 mains that generate so much in funds. I got to tell them, then they look " oh sorry let me fwd u to the other department".

Yeah pp is a blah. But that's the only time I had a problem with them. Just when the funds are already locked it's like really? Smart @$$ reps on the phone?
Old 11-28-2018

Longevity: 31%
Post Re: Paypal Small Claims Court

I live in Arkansas.

I want to take PayPal to small claims court over negative balance in my account, but should I pay it first before serving them?

Should I go ahead and pay the negative balance first before serving them so that not only do I avoid going into collections, but more importantly I'll have a more legit case since I'll then have money damages to recover on?

Or will that be a bad idea since PayPal's defense could say that my payment on the negative amount was an admission on my part that the debt I owed them was legit?

The negative balance came from a former client filing an Unauthorized Purchase chargeback even after signing a payment authorization form and sending it back to me. I had clients sign such forms because it followed PayPal's seller protection policy when I submitted the form to PayPal to dispute these chargebacks. This particular client though had filed two chargebacks on two charges on this authorization form - They were the only charges listed in this form. So when I uploaded the authorization form to PayPal to dispute these two chargebacks, PayPal eventually found me in favor of their seller protection for one of them based on the authorization form I submitted, but held me liable for the higher valued chargeback based on that same form - Leading to breach of contract
Old 11-28-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

PayPal will likely claim you were in breach of their ToS simply for allowing your account to become negative in the first place.

PayPal is a type of merchant processor agent, and the chargebacks are not their concern, nor is it within their power to do anything about them. Chargebacks are a function of the customer's card issuer (bank) that are members of VISA/MC etc.

Maybe you should be taking the client to court instead?