Paypal requiring EIN AND SSN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-18-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Paypal requiring EIN AND SSN

I have had my stealth account good and healthy for a few months. Able to sell items, receive paypal, withdraw from paypal to my bank account. Today I got hit with "your paypal account will stop working if you don't add a SSN, EIN, or PTIN. I have a business with an EIN I have never used for paypal so I go to upgrade my business account, give it me EIN and on the last page it now tells me I still HAVE to give the last 4 of my social due to the patriot act. Any suggestions??? I believe this all happened because my sales on this account were high last month. Nowhere near the $20k in a year, but high enough they could assume I would hit $20k at the same sales rate.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-21-2018

Longevity: 44%
Default Re: Paypal requiring EIN AND SSN

I know they will start wanting to look at documents when you reach a certain amount of sending funds.
Old 04-22-2018

Longevity: 37%
Wink Re: Paypal requiring EIN AND SSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerfx View Post
I have had my stealth account good and healthy for a few months. Able to sell items, receive paypal, withdraw from paypal to my bank account. Today I got hit with "your paypal account will stop working if you don't add a SSN, EIN, or PTIN. I have a business with an EIN I have never used for paypal so I go to upgrade my business account, give it me EIN and on the last page it now tells me I still HAVE to give the last 4 of my social due to the patriot act. Any suggestions??? I believe this all happened because my sales on this account were high last month. Nowhere near the $20k in a year, but high enough they could assume I would hit $20k at the same sales rate.
insert a random ssn but from the proper state. They will send you a message one two year later that your ssn does not match please submit EIN then you have another few month time, until they give you a another reminder. Then plan to dump that baby!
Old 04-22-2018

total legal as pp is still a privat company and they have to take responsibility. Do not do this kind of things for government purpose thats illegal.
Old 04-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbro View Post
insert a random ssn but from the proper state. They will send you a message one two year later that your ssn does not match please submit EIN then you have another few month time, until they give you a another reminder. Then plan to dump that baby!

Random ssn? You have done this - confirmed?
Old 04-22-2018

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
is that even legal?
Old 04-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by austyn12x View Post
is that even legal?
Using someone else's SSN is illegal and not proposed in this forum. Random SSN has the potential to be someone else's so...it's dangerous, not best approach
Old 04-23-2018

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
SSN's, when checked, come up as either 'VALID' or 'INVALID'. State of origin doesn't matter.

If a SSN is 'VALID' it's been issued to somebody and is active.

If a SSN is 'INVALID' it's useless for PP.

Using a 'VALID' SSN that does not belong to you is identity theft.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (04-24-2018), Gladiator (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018

I talk about a INVALID stealth ssn (made up number with a state calculator). And yes it works. If they check for the tax report after a year min. they will give you a notification that your SSN does not match their records. With the new TOS they might check now immediately (not sure about that) but not for california.
Try it with a trash account you will see it works. But remember use SSN num. from the states your account is registered.

Last edited by stealthbro; 04-24-2018 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Using someone else's SSN is illegal and not proposed in this forum. Random SSN has the potential to be someone else's so...it's dangerous, not best approach
if your account name is John Q and you put a random SSN from a state calculator it has the same effect as your random stealth name. Its not real.
If you aware about that, register a real account on your name .. then yeah we are in a wrong forum. And yes its legal same its legal you create a stealth ebay and pp account. Common sense. PP its not the government it is a private company as they wish to be. They have to deal with that
Old 04-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Random ssn? You have done this - confirmed?
with all my account until TOS came out. They messed up few transaction by soft limit them and asking for EIN but these accounts area already 2 years old. Then i have to wait 72 hours and try to send it again.
It worked. I have a EIN request in since 1 month and they just send another warning. But never ever i got one account limited because i put a stealth ssn in