UK Ebay Business Wrongly Suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 09-26-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default UK Ebay Business Wrongly Suspended

Our Ebay selling account has just been suspended / banned with this message:
'Your eBay account has been suspended

Hello wjmtech,
We’ve reviewed your eBay account and determined that you’re still not following our*offers to buy or sell outside of eBay policy. As a result, your account has been suspended. You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Offers to buy or sell off eBay, including providing contact information within a member-to-member message or displaying contact information in a listing, aren’t allowed. '
The problem is this is a complete misunderstanding. Our account was suspended on September 6th and I contacted Ebay to find out why. I was informed that it was suspended 'incorrectly' by Ebay and that it will be immediately re-instated. Which it was.
Today it was suspended again, I assumed another mistake, I contacted Ebay and they have said it is no mistake and there will be no appeal. Its due to the fact that our Ebay 'Signature' (the bit below ebay messages) Has our Contact information in it. They said that is the reason why we were banned on September 6th, and that we were given a chance to sort it out and hadn't.
Ebay gave us absolutely NO information that the intial ban was to do with this 'signature' below our Ebay messages. Of course if they had told me/given me any warning at all about this it would have*immediately*been removed. *We work tirelessly to ensure that we absolutely never exhange contact info as we know that its potentially disatrous and this happens all because of lack of communication from Ebay. *
We genuinely had no idea that the signature below the Ebay message was the reason for the initial suspension and were only told that today when it appears its too late?*
This seems insane, there are 4 of us working here full time jobs, our ebay turnover is £40,000 per month and the business has been shut down over this when if they told us at any time that we needed to change the signature we would have done so immediately.
I have explained the above to the live chat customer service, but they just ignore it and give generic answers then close the chat? I even have transcript from the initial re-instatment conversation where the Ebay representitive clearly states 'this was suspended incorrectly I have now re-instated it for you' At no point was this 'siganture' mentioned ever, surely there must be a way to resolve this? We have been given no chance to fix this as we had no idea of the issue?
We are a top rated seller of 5 years, 99.6% feedback with 0% defects and the whole company has just been shut down over this.
Any advice would be much appreciated. We are absolutely devestated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-27-2017

Default Re: UK Ebay Business Wrongly Suspended

Sorry to hear this. Been there myself and it's heart wrenching.

Stealth is the only way to get back on selling. eBay will do everything possible to stop you getting back on the platform.
Read the guide stealth guide it's very informative.

This is my opinion, eBay and PayPal are like this because they are poorly run and managed companies. It's the bottom line hey care about nothing else. The thought of you making money outside their platforms must give them hives or something.
As for the reps on the phone, remember you get what you pay for and they don't pay them a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Keep ringing and also keep using chat option, depends on rep hopefully you will get account back
Old 10-09-2017

Longevity: 37%

eBay are going bat-**** to stop people communicating outside of ebay. Lots of talk in lots of forums about this issue. Lots of sad stories. Best advice is that above - keep ringing and often you will get through to a rep who is helpful. You just need to be patient and polite.
Old 10-17-2017

Longevity: 50%

Do you have any other non-stealth eBay accounts, personal or business and have these been suspended?
Old 10-17-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

The best thing you can do right at this moment is to get the eBay Stealth. (You can click on it in my signature below)

And if you want to get selling again, you can buy a few good high limit accounts from our marketplace in the forum.

So while you do what I advise you to do, you can put a little time on the side to call them again and see if they would reinstate your old account. If not, your mind is already too busy because you are already back to making money
Old 10-23-2017

eBay and PayPal have to be looked at from your perspective as the enemy. They spend millions hunting down anyone that doesn’t do as they say.
It’s not fair, it’s not right and it’s bad business practice but the market size and revenue is worth the Hastle.

Stealth it. It’s the only way to get back on and get the revenue back.

I lost a £800k turnover business in a blink of an eye. You have to bounce back and go stealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2017

Longevity: 46%

OP it's never a good idea to post your ebay account name or any other information that can identify your true identity on this (or any other forum).
The Following User Says Thank You to James Brown For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (04-24-2018)
Old 10-25-2017

Longevity: 44%

I see that your account is back live now how did this happen? Did you call them or online chat?
Old 12-04-2017

Longevity: 41%

Account seems to be up and running, im guessing he wont be coming back here lol
Old 12-04-2017

Please explain how you got it up and running again as this is the first time ive seen a no appeal account get reinstated

Would help a lot of us here
Old 12-04-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by assad View Post
Account seems to be up and running, im guessing he wont be coming back here lol
Huge mistake.. he has not seen the potentiality of stealth.
Old 12-04-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Huge mistake.. he has not seen the potentiality of stealth.
Why is it a huge mistake?
Old 12-04-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by assad View Post
Why is it a huge mistake?
Because stealth has a lot of potential.

You can experiment and find new market niches without risking your own account.

You can sell multiple items on different accounts keeping them unlinked. If one account goes down you can rely on the others.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018

Longevity: 34%

Hi,
Sorry to hear that. but your case actually is the same as me.

Actually we have 2 chances of selling outside ebay if being detected. and it will give you a warning that your account wl be suspended for 7 days. after 7 days, your account wl recover normal automatically.

However if the 3rd time you have beed detected, your account wl be permanetly stricted.

Now my account is the 3rd time being detected. but the second time is not my fault, its the ebay system too sensitive. and my second time, the customer representative helped me remove the block. and i have my ebay back without waiting for 7days.

and when 3rd times happens, my account got stricted forever, i appealed to customer service and also give the customer service chat script to them. but everytime i got the general reply. i have to say, customer serive are all humans, and it depends on each person's attitude and their personal quality. some are very irresponsibile. luckily i appeal the fifth time, and a guy is really nice ,and read my case carefully, he helped to trans my case to the professional dept . and i have to wait 7 days for the final reply. but it still has hopes/

so i suggest you dont give up appealing! you will meet some nice guy who is willing to help you out of this if you have enough evidence.
Old 04-24-2018

Activity: 15%

WJMTECH ... wow, I've actually purchased a PC from you in the past !

This story makes me feel sick. I am a non-stealth user myself but joined this forum because my paypal got limited last year (got it back again after following their instructions / providing additional info).

But it makes me really upset reading how ebay or paypal can shut down a business in a blink of an eye. It's as if ebay simply isn't worth it as a primary source of income when they have this power.

Having said that, I am glad to see your account is back up and running ... please share what you did to get the account back ? persistently trying to plea to different ebay reps ?