PayPal toasted with 2.4k$ inside - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-08-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default PayPal toasted with 2.4k$ inside

Hi.

Just want to make sure this is final and nothing can be done other than wait for 180 days.

On PayPal Dashboard it says:
Quote:
You can't use PayPal anymore
At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

And on e-mail:

Quote:
Dear Egg.al,

We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account
activity, it has been determined that you are in violation of PayPal's
Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales / offers of unauthorized items
(such as XXXXX:
www.ebay.com/itm/XXXXXXXXX) on www.ebay.com, www.XXXXX.com, user ID:
truXXXXXXXX.

As a result, your account has been permanently limited. Please remove all
references to PayPal from your website/s and/or auction/s. This includes
not only removing PayPal as a payment option, but also the PayPal logo and
PayPal shopping cart.

Per the User Agreement, when PayPal permanently limits an account due to an
Acceptable Use Policy violation, we may hold your funds up to 180 days.
Once this timeframe has elapsed, PayPal will contact you in relation to the
release of any outstanding funds on your account.

Note that should any chargebacks result in your account balance falling
below zero, then you will also need to settle the amount owed to PayPal to
avoid further action.

The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal reserves the right to limit
an account for any violation of the PayPal User Agreement, including the
Acceptable Use Policy.

Under the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or
receive payments for items that infringe or violate any copyright,
trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right
under the laws of any jurisdiction. This includes transactions for
counterfeit items or unauthorized replicas or copies of items.

You can find the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at
the bottom of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,
Paul
PayPal, Brand Risk Management

I have to say, couple of days ago PayPal limited me with a MEDIUM risk level, asking only for a photo of my ID. I sent that and I immediately (5 mins) received an e-mail that my account has been restored.

Then 2 days ago I get an e-mail stating that EVERY PAYMENT i'll receive will go in pending balance, I will be treated as a new seller, and need to meet those 3 requirements (500$ in sales, 60 days from last transaction, no returns) and after that all payments will go in 24 hours available.

Now is this PayPal toasted, do I have a possibility of getting back the money? Last time I got it for 45 days (see my last thread in 2016 I think).

If not, who can provide here the best method to sell VERO items on eBay, is it to split it on different PayPals? Also anybody here sells PayPal with 21 day hold limit?

This was my personal account (business account, of my business).

My eBay is not dead yet. I have a lot of customers from there. If I link another PayPal with my current eBay, will that be toasted within the week?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: PayPal toasted with 2.4k$ inside

Just wait 180 days and they should transfer the money.
Old 05-08-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Once this happens, I don't think I have ever seen it reversed if that's what you're asking. It's final.

Too bad it's your personal business account.

Are you planning on opening more accounts?
Old 05-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Once this happens, I don't think I have ever seen it reversed if that's what you're asking. It's final.

Yes, I am. Why?
Old 05-23-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post

I have been permanently limited on a PayPal account with close to $10k in it that they said would not release for 180 days and I was able to get it out after about 45. They agreed to that after I called in a couple of times and escalated the call through as many reps as I could (don't know exactly what position I ended up with, they all sound the same). Once there I told them they had absolutely no right to hold my money and I was going to start sending letters to my state representatives, attorney general of the state I lived in, attorney general of the state PayPal's headquarters are in, file complaints with every federal financial protection agency I could find, etc. basically making it clear to the authorities that PayPal was abusing their status as a "payment processor" instead of a bank to take people's money for 6 months. I told them that I didn't run a business and had been selling off items (mostly higher end watches) due to a financial hardship and them holding the money would cause me damages that I would sue them for. Basically I went all in on every front I could think of.

They said the best they could do was hold the money for 30 days to make sure there were no disputes and then they would release it. Once the 30 days were up it took me another couple calls to get it actually released ("just give us 24-72 hours for the case to be reviewed", waited, no release, called again, blah blah), but I did eventually.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeRogan For This Useful Post:
Yasav (06-21-2018)
Old 05-23-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRogan View Post
I have been permanently limited on a PayPal account with close to $10k in it that they said would not release for 180 days and I was able to get it out after about 45. They agreed to that after I called in a couple of times and escalated the call through as many reps as I could (don't know exactly what position I ended up with, they all sound the same). Once there I told them they had absolutely no right to hold my money and I was going to start sending letters to my state representatives, attorney general of the state I lived in, attorney general of the state PayPal's headquarters are in, file complaints with every federal financial protection agency I could find, etc. basically making it clear to the authorities that PayPal was abusing their status as a "payment processor" instead of a bank to take people's money for 6 months. I told them that I didn't run a business and had been selling off items (mostly higher end watches) due to a financial hardship and them holding the money would cause me damages that I would sue them for. Basically I went all in on every front I could think of.

They said the best they could do was hold the money for 30 days to make sure there were no disputes and then they would release it. Once the 30 days were up it took me another couple calls to get it actually released ("just give us 24-72 hours for the case to be reviewed", waited, no release, called again, blah blah), but I did eventually.
You got lucky.
You did agree to their ToS when you signed up and technically speaking they ARE in the right to hold funds for 180 days since people CAN actually dispute transaction through their credit card companies for that long.
That being said it is not unheard of to call them and make enough of a splash to pressure them into releasing the funds after a shorter period of time. There are no guarantees with that however - same as anything else involving paypal.