Starting selling on eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-11-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Starting selling on eBay

Greetings

So I recently started to selling itens on eBay. What I sold was accounts for spotify, netflix, hulu, etc. I only had 30 itens limit so I sold those 30 accounts.

I created an new PayPal Business account and associated to my eBay account. Each account I sold was between 10-5$ and in like 3 or 4 days I made something like 150$. Some of the money is on hold on paypal and the rest I spent some of stuff that I needed from different stores (including some itens from eBay) and I have a couple of questions.

1 - Since I have a new freshly PayPal Business account, is there any kind of limit for receiving money from selling itens on ebay on the first weeks? I ask this because I pay a lot of taxes and I don't use my Business account for Friends & Family. I only receive the money from eBay selling.

2- Selling accounts from these services it's risky? On the description of the itens I say clearly that the buyer is buying accounts and I provide the most information I can and I say that I give X warranty time.

3- I don't need to withdraw the money from paypal because I am constantly buying things from eBay and other websites using my PayPal balance so that lower the risks of my account being limited?

Thank you for reading
Best Regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Starting selling on eBay

1) PP will probably place a reserve amount on your account. When/if that happens, you'll have instant access to the first $XXX.XX each month and the rest will be held for 21 days regardless of whether of not you upload tracking.

2) You're selling in the riskiest of the risky categories because you're selling digital subscription services.

3) No. Withdrawing all of your money would look a lot better.

RIP Chester Bennington
Old 05-11-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet.. selling spotify, netflix, hulu accounts really?

These are hacked accounts?
Old 05-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet.. selling spotify, netflix, hulu accounts really?

These are hacked accounts?
No. They are accounts created by me and I have full access to them when I send them to buyers.

And yes some of the money was available instantly, and other money was placed on hold however the money on hold does not have a 21 day hold. Some had like 10 days, other 15, other 12 and so on.

A couple a months ago I sold a PlayStaion Plus account and it was my first selling item ever on eBay and the buyer made a case against me on PayPal saying that he tought it was a code/key and received an account and I explained to PP that everything was explained on the item description and the buyer received an account as stated and guess what, I won that case and it was 40$.

Maybe I was just full of luck but in message that PP sent me about that case they said that I had 100% described the item and blah blah the buyer knew what he would buy and so on.

And withdrawing the money from my PP to my bank account does not come with any kind of risk or something like that? It's completely safe?
Old 05-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkinParkPT View Post
And withdrawing the money from my PP to my bank account does not come with any kind of risk or something like that? It's completely safe?
Totally fine so long as the bank is OK with mismatching names
Old 05-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Totally fine so long as the bank is OK with mismatching names
I tought that will be safer to use that money to buy things from different websites since I am not really in need to withdraw the money to my bank account
Old 05-12-2018
Threadstarter  

The reason I also started to selling on eBay was because there are so many people selling accounts from services like mine and from games like Pokemon GO or LOL:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/League-of-L...MAAOSw86JaahWi
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Netflix-ULT...EAAOSwrBJa865P
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Go-...oAAOSwCYtay8hq

And so on, I don't know if eBay/PayPal just close eyes to this or if it permited.
Old 05-12-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Honestly those were some of my first products sold I eBay, gaming accounts and virtual currencies. I know how it goes.
Old 05-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Honestly those were some of my first products sold I eBay, gaming accounts and virtual currencies. I know how it goes.
So that means it's safe to sell these itens on eBay?

I mean there are lot of these accounts. Just search something like netflix or spotify and there are pages and pages of people selling account. Not to talk about pokemon go, LOL or Fortnite accounts.

I was a bit afraid to sell cracked accounts and so I create trials accounts and sell them. That way I am the "owner" of the accounts. Of course all trials last 1 months or something like that but I think that is safer.