Question re: mastercard gift cards - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Bank Accounts

Bank Accounts General discussions on bank accounts, withdrawing funds, virtual bank accounts (VBAs) and more.

Old 05-16-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Question re: mastercard gift cards

Hello. This is my first post here. I've been lurking for years because paypal closed my account when I was in college. It had my social security number attached to it. I run my own business now and many of my clients insist on paying me via paypal so here I am.

I have a few stealth accounts and have recently noticed that those with mstercard gift cards attached to them are showing them as an option when withdrawing funds. These are gift cards that one can purchase at stores like target and hope depot.

I attempted to withdraw $40 into one of them. The transaction was cancelled within minutes.

Does anyone happen to know why those cards are showing up as options to withdraw money into?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Question re: mastercard gift cards

Either it's a glitch, or they're about to open up card withdrawals to all Visa/MC (doubtful).

Does the card show up as "prepaid" from within the money tab of your account?
Old 05-16-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Either it's a glitch, or they're about to open up card withdrawals to all Visa/MC (doubtful).

Does the card show up as "prepaid" from within the money tab of your account?
I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry!

Yes, the cards are showing up as prepaid within the money tab. I first noticed this about a month ago across all of my stealth accounts. None of the visa gift cards that I have show up as an option when withdrawing money. It's just the mastercards. I thought I took a picture of the screen a few weeks ago when I withdrew money, but I guess I didn't. I have some money that I am withdrawing from the account attached to my mom's home address and IP. I will grab a screen shot of it in a few days when I go over there to get my money out.
Old 05-16-2018
Threadstarter  

Ok I found one picture. This particular stealth does not have a real bank account or debit card attached to it because I mostly use it to fund online purchases. Its at least five years. I'll be adding a bank account soon due to the new policies in place.

The accounts with real debit cards and bank accounts attached to them are also giving me the option to withdraw the funds to a mastercard gift card. As I stated above, I tried it and it didn't work. Paypal never sent me an e-mail that it was declined. I logged back in after a few minutes and saw that the funds had been returned to the account

Old 05-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

That's really cool to see. Too bad it doesn't work. I'm not able to use the card withdrawal feature with most of my real debit cards because the financial institution doesn't support ACH push's.