Best Stealth option to creat L.L.C including using DBA - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-18-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Best Stealth option to creat L.L.C including using DBA

Hello,

I bought the Stealth eBay Book -- decent information about how they track you and avoiding it, etc.

However, eBay is very important to my business, and I need to start selling on eBay again.

I am a business owner, and I raised more venture capital for my expansion and business operations. I was recently banned from eBay for some VeRO violations, and then I listed some items for .99 cents for 1 day, and it seemed the "kill bots" suspended my account for being 'high risk.' I really don't want to juggle 5+ accounts, I just want 1, and we will be selling items that don't have to worry about VeRO violations.

Venture capital relies on be getting back up on eBay.

-----------------------------------------------

QUESTION:

Is creating a new LLC the best way to get back on eBay?

I will be creating a new Business eBay, PayPal, and Bank Accounts.

I was selling items under a personal eBay and PayPal account, and it seems it's better if you're buying and reselling items to set up for a Business. On various wholesaler forums, it seems it's better and eBay is a little more lenient on Business Accounts.

I am also selling completely new products that I was selling before, so there won't be any connection there.

QUESTION:

What should I do about address? When I submitted for another LLC, I used my home address, the same address that I have on the banned account.

Should I submit to have this changed, or just file for a new one and take my 150~ loss. I really don't care. I just don't want my new account linked in anyway.

Should I get a UPS Box, there is one a mile away from my store. I also have a new members of my company, however, he is my uncle, and he has my same last name.

I was wondering if I could say that his house in the place of business. He would have no problem with this, and he would gladdy forward any mail for me.

Thank you for any information about this!

I basically want to make a new account once, and not worry about anything else. We can already exceed $10,000 in sales a month. So we hope that our revenue will help us on eBay side as we become an important asset for them.

I also read here that the more you do, and higher PowerSeller status you are, the more your account can take -- and plus the better communication with eBay will help when there is a problem.

Again, we are going to be dealing with less VeRO items and more on genetic and items that we don't have to worry about.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

If you can toss the 150 as a loss, get a whole new LLC. Otherwise, make the change and wait for the clerk to file it and the additional time to propagate through the databases.
Old 06-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Getting a UPS box or using your uncle's address works fine too. Whichever you prefer. I wouldn't waste money on a UPS Box if you don't need to.
Old 06-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
If you can toss the 150 as a loss, get a whole new LLC. Otherwise, make the change and wait for the clerk to file it and the additional time to propagate through the databases.
Indeed.

I just can't have my old account linked to the new business in anyway.

Would forming a new LLC be the best way to get on eBay under a new identity? Because my own personal eBay account was suspended, nothing more.

Only had 22 Feedback, 95%. 1 negative, 1 neutral.
Old 06-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
Getting a UPS box or using your uncle's address works fine too. Whichever you prefer. I wouldn't waste money on a UPS Box if you don't need to.
Thanks.

I was just worried because has has the same last as me, but I then thought that doesn't really matter. I will just use his address, he see each other often anyway to speak about the business and such.
Old 06-18-2009
Vicvelcro

Yes. Make the LLC sound like a person's name. Use diff address. Don't give your relative's name like you asked about. Call the LLC something like Roger H. Hammersmith, LLC. Register on ebay without telling them the LLC at the end of the name.
Old 06-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes. Make the LLC sound like a person's name. Use diff address. Don't give your relative's name like you asked about. Call the LLC something like Roger H. Hammersmith, LLC. Register on ebay without telling them the LLC at the end of the name.
We already have a company name that inst associated to eBay in anyway already. So we wanted to use that.

Ex. Blue Widgets & Supplies, LLC.
Old 06-18-2009

Longevity: 87%

Do businesses on ebay not have to provide a social security number as individuals do when volume gets too high for ebays comfort? I was thinking of starting a new business name and selling under that name, but didn't know what ebay / paypal would be looking for when there "limited" demands and questions start.

By the way Vicvecro, thanks for the idea on the business name looking like an individual name. I hadn't thought of that.
Old 06-18-2009
Vicvelcro

Problem with that is they will ask you for a name. If the LLC sounded like a name already, they will make assumptions that are favorable to you later.
Old 06-18-2009
Vicvelcro

You're welcome for the idea.

In re: ebay/pp wanting a social - Businesses don't have a social. They have an EIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by now View Post
Do businesses on ebay not have to provide a social security number as individuals do when volume gets too high for ebays comfort? I was thinking of starting a new business name and selling under that name, but didn't know what ebay / paypal would be looking for when there "limited" demands and questions start.

By the way Vicvecro, thanks for the idea on the business name looking like an individual name. I hadn't thought of that.
Old 06-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Problem with that is they will ask you for a name. If the LLC sounded like a name already, they will make assumptions that are favorable to you later.
Ah, I see.

Why would they need to ask for my name of I am operating under a business?
Old 06-18-2009
Vicvelcro

If the name of the business sounds LIKE THE NAME OF A BUSINESS, they're going to want a human name for whoever is running the show.

If the name of the business sounds like a HUMAN NAME already, they won't ask.
Old 06-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothermic View Post
Thanks.

I was just worried because has has the same last as me, but I then thought that doesn't really matter. I will just use his address, he see each other often anyway to speak about the business and such.

Just my .02cents: if you & the uncle have the same last name, do the business name as a variation. Like if you are Smith,Brown, West or whatever, have a slight amendment to the name. So John Smith may be Jon Smyth. Don't, fhs, become a John Smith LLC or whoever if a similar name has been on ebay. Get where i am going?

This is rather an old thread from ebayhateluv. It lays out how you can do stuff to use ebay
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/merchan...g-account.html
Old 06-18-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

This is how I do most of my accounts. If your doing big business on ebay treat it as a business.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gurusgrafx For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-18-2009), now (06-18-2009)
Old 06-18-2009
Vicvelcro

Ok, I see how it is. I give all the good advice...

I agree, treat it like a business. YOU will be treating it like a business. The idea is for ebay/pp to mislead themselves.

Anyhow, I don't use the business name as a business name. I use the business name as the first and last name of a person.

Roger H. Hammersmith, LLC becomes Roger Hammersmith, to ebay/pp. That avoids a lot of understanding. Let them make their own incorrect assumptions. Have had no problems whatsoever with this.

It's a legitimate business name. You have all the documents for it. You aren't responsible for ebay/pp misinterpreting the facts in your favor. If needed, you can straighten it all out some day. If no need, let it ride.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 06-20-2009 at 06:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
now (06-18-2009)
Old 06-18-2009

Longevity: 87%

It would be great to dance the semi legit dance again, and this opens the door to it. I will definitely pursue this very soon. Right now I am trying to get enough performing stealth accounts to get cash flow in the right direction again. I was devastated when they suspended my ebay account.

And now that Simon Cards wont work anymore I will be be scampering to find a card that does work for ebay verification. No fun. And then we start creating the "Business Stealth account" lol.

By the way, can you use a different address with a LLC? Ebay has my home and warehouse address already from before the suspension. And when I called the county clerk a while back I am pretty sure they said the business needs to be set up to the address on my drivers license. Ideas on overcoming that?

I will have to also learn how to utilize DBA's in this. Its a new land for me, lol. But baby steps can lead to great places.
Old 06-19-2009

Longevity: 90%
Default Complete New & Legit eBay/PayPal Identity

Here's an interesting question for you experts . . .

What if I were to form a new LLC in the State of Florida, with a legitimate business checking account in the LLC's name, a Federal Tax ID number for the LLC, a Florida Sales Tax ID number for the LLC, a legitimate mailing address for the LLC, a legitimate phone number for the LLC, a legitimate debit or credit card in the LLC's name, etc. - everything legit and verifiable, in the name of the LLC.

Step two, can I register for new eBay/PayPal accounts using only the details of the new LLC? I.E. the tax ID numbers, business checking account and debit card numbers, etc.?

Step three, reset IP addresses, or even sign up with a new ISP used strictly for this new entity.

Essentially, I'd like to create a completely new corporate eBay and PayPal identity that is not traceable to me as an individual, and acts as an online arm for the corporation.

Is it possible? Either that, or I need to find an alternative to eBay that will allow me to sell volume in no reserve auction format, without aggravation. I am in the marine liquidation business and sell a multitude of items, with an average sale of $500+.

Last edited by HSL1048; 06-19-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-19-2009

Sorry guys, I posted this as a new topic and then it got bumped - please accept my apologies for the redundancy.

I guess what I'm trying to wrap my mind around, is whether or not it is more advantageous to sign up for eBay as a business account, rather than a personal account.

I will definitely be using merchant services, rather than Paypal.

Like the OP, I would much rather be sneaky and legit, and function as a business who is in business, rather than a stealth!
Old 06-19-2009

To maintain anonymity, I could file the LLC docs with me as the managing member, and then file a DBA that is owned by the LLC, so that nothing gets back to me, right?

It's kinda like an offshore shell company for eBay
Old 06-19-2009

It would be better to do it as a business anyway. You'll look more stable than just some person selling on ebay for one and two you have the protection from an LLC or a Corp.
Old 06-19-2009

I agree.

My question is this: When I register the new account with eBay, do I sign up for a business account and give them all the business info? Would there be any possibility of them connecting my personal info to it?
Old 06-19-2009

I don't think you'll have any problems, your doing what I did and I'm still up and running on that account. You can hide your name a couple of different ways. read over the rest of this post a couple times. A few good hints in here.