Is my money lost? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 05-18-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Is my money lost?

I made an account about 3 years ago, used tracfone at the time and also made a google voice account as well. Been using the account here and there.

I made the google voice because I figured it's easier to not pay for a phone and the google voice wasn't any issue. Got lazy and lost both the tracfone number and google voice after not paying for the tracfone and not using the google voice number after a while.

Now as I have nearly 4k sitting in paypal, I tried to add a new google voice number but it gives me a "this phone number is not registered in your name" error as I try to add a bank account.

Calling paypal a few days in a row just gets me dead ends and one real tight ass on the phone today saying "thanks for calling paypal's fraud department, this is a recorded line and the FBI has access" he also went on to say he was ex-military and doesn't like that I'm using a VPN and hiding myself and I should reveal myself and asking why I'm hiding. Stubbornly goes on to say "you have a limitation asking for your social, would you like me to enter that for you?" NO, THANKS!

anyways...it's a dead end I feel and they said we can try to verify you through the system with your DOB and last 4 of your SS. Of course everything isn't real and I just want to get my money out.

It seems the only option is sending a check to the house I registered...terrible.

If I open a new tracfone under this name, would it help? Or are they now looking for a phone number registered with a social in the system?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2018

Longevity: 73%
Default Re: Is my money lost?

The way i understand it .... In the us its against the law to hold your money forever . To my understanding after 180 day chargeback period has passed then have to give up the balance ssn or not.
Old 05-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
The way i understand it .... In the us its against the law to hold your money forever . To my understanding after 180 day chargeback period has passed then have to give up the balance ssn or not.
ah yes that's true! I remember a few times where my money was released after the 6 month period. right right...thanks for the hope!!
Old 05-18-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

So your account is limited now? How long has it been limited?
Old 05-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

so the goal is to add a bank account? Long confusing post.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
aspkin (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
So your account is limited now? How long has it been limited?
no it's not limited. there's a "limit" for my social for selling nearly 200 for the year, but after a year that goes away as we all well know. I just don't have my phone number anymore so putting a new one from google voice is giving me the issue. I'm thinking that even if I get another new number on tracfone, it's still a prepaid number and not registered with a social security number, so it won't show up "registered under my name"
Old 05-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
so the goal is to add a bank account? Long confusing post.
yes, the goal is to add a bank account, and when I do, it asks to verify me by sending me a text or calling me, but that phone number that was there is no longer working since google expired it since I didn't use it. Now when I add a new number, it gives me an error:

"For your security, we do not allow a phone number that is not registered in your name"

I had this issue on other accounts and when I called in to get help adding a new number, they just asked me to verify the Vanilla Visa gift card I put on there, and it usually went through. But now, they're giving me a hard time. I must have been trying too many times and they see a security issue with my VPN. I'll wait a week to let the system cool down and try again.
Old 05-19-2018

Longevity: 73%

Yea pp sure dont like seeing vpns .. May i ask why use a VPN instead of a flashed mifi ? unlimited ip;s to use ?? You will run into problem after problem using vpns
Old 05-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
Yea pp sure dont like seeing vpns .. May i ask why use a VPN instead of a flashed mifi ? unlimited ip;s to use ?? You will run into problem after problem using vpns
You mean like using my phones hotspot for an IP? I mostly used VPNs since I started stealth a few years ago. How would I go about getting 4 IP's at the same time with mifi? Are these specific devices that output an IP or something that have a subscription?
Old 05-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

What happens when you call in and add a bank account through the automated message?

If you cant do it that way, add a number and wait 60-90 days and then paypal will recognize the new number.