Reusing an old account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-18-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Reusing an old account?

I have an account that was opened six years ago. It has a 390 feedback score, with a now 100% rating, and no DSR's as it has been dormant for nearly a year. It appears to be in perfect standing, though I haven't confirmed that yet, as I do not want to link IP addresses. Tomorrow I plan to go to another location and log in to see what the deal is.

It was previously linked to a PayPal account, or possibly even two PayPal accounts that were both limited.

My question:

What do I have to do so that I can use this eBay account, but avoid PayPal at all costs? I'm thinking a merchant account of some kind, maybe CCNow? What's the best, the easiest, safest way to get back on track here? I'm tired of being royally screwed by eBay and PayPal.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-19-2009

Longevity: 92%
Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

thats a tough one. If you haven't logged into it since all the linking with paypal/ebay begin you may be able to use it. I mean I'd try it, worst that can happen is it gets shut down. If you're not planning on using paypal your not going to be out anything anyway.
Old 06-19-2009
Threadstarter  

Didn't work. Signed in from a relative's computer, and it said that due to suspicious activity my account was limited and to please login to PayPal to resolve the issue. Logged into PayPal and received a screen stating that my account had been locked, and it gave me a UK phone number to call to start an appeal. Very strange being that my account is a US account, and I'm in the US.

Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2009

that is an odd one.
Old 06-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSL1048 View Post
Didn't work. Signed in from a relative's computer, and it said that due to suspicious activity my account was limited and to please login to PayPal to resolve the issue. Logged into PayPal and received a screen stating that my account had been locked, and it gave me a UK phone number to call to start an appeal. Very strange being that my account is a US account, and I'm in the US.
Any ideas?
21 days ago, I noticed this changed with any notices from paypal. I did a couple of 'tests' with US paypal accounts AND Australian ones. Each time the contact phone number was UK-based, 0870 xxx xxxx. Paypal seem to be offering a UK based number to 'resolve' problems. Last year, the numbers were USA based for UK or other accounts.
Suggest if you are calling to use the US numbers.