Anyone try David Vu's Famous Dropshipping Course for Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 05-28-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Default Anyone try David Vu's Famous Dropshipping Course for Ebay?

Does anyone have any experience taking David Vu's Dropshipping course for Ebay?

Is it something you think is beneficial to get involved into the dropshipping game?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-28-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Anyone try David Vu's Famous Dropshipping Course for Ebay?

I haven't but a friend tried it and made a lot of money, then his eBay account got shut down for 2 reasons.
1. The return process for customers was too tedious and his ratings suffered.
2. Customers were receiving invoices with the total sum far less than they paid for items. Again, ratings suffered.

That's how much I was told. He gave me online access to the course but I never bothered. Not a dropshipping fan.
Old 05-28-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
I haven't but a friend tried it and made a lot of money, then his eBay account got shut down for 2 reasons.
2. Customers were receiving invoices with the total sum far less than they paid for items. Again, ratings suffered.

That's how much I was told. He gave me online access to the course but I never bothered. Not a dropshipping fan.
What was his retail store if he did retail dropshipping? Some like walmart and home depot don't include invoices with pricing on it. However the boxes say walmart and home depot.
Old 05-29-2018

Longevity: 38%

Do it bro. Speculation is paralysis, Experience is the best teacher and you will learn it! Come back to us when you have mastered it buddy!
Old 05-29-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Thread moved to proper forum section.
Old 05-29-2018

Longevity: 72%

Yeah, give it a try and report back in 6 months.
Old 05-29-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Yeah, give it a try and report back in 6 months.
6 Months? lol....1-2 tops.
Old 05-29-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
his eBay account got shut down for 2 reasons.
These 2 are literally the downfall when dropshipping from another source like Amazon or other site that has the item for sale for a super cheap price.

Not long ago I purchased an item from an Amazon seller, item came from Target. I told him the item didn't work and that I wanted to do a return......refunded me my whole amount.

Quote:
Not a dropshipping fan.
Not a super fan either, in some cases it can work.
Old 05-29-2018

Longevity: 72%

He got shut down? Now who could possibly have seen that coming?

Tell me again what this guy is famous for? Getting shut down?
Old 05-29-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
He got shut down? Now who could possibly have seen that coming?

Tell me again what this guy is famous for? Getting shut down?
Famous Dropshipping course on Udemy. He Dropshipped 1,000's of items to ebay. Now he travels the world doing whatever he likes.
Old 05-30-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwick1 View Post
Famous Dropshipping course on Udemy. He Dropshipped 1,000's of items to ebay. Now he travels the world doing whatever he likes.
Seems a rarity to some extent...
Old 05-30-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 49%

Nah all these dropshipping threads are coming up missing a huge point: ebays algo change.

Dropshipping is in huge trouble at the moment.

No one should be getting into drop shipping until the market settles. There seems to be a lot of people pushing courses and software deals at the moment...smells a bit like desperation as they scramble to make as much as they can before everyone realises its not working any more.
Old 08-09-2018

Longevity: 32%

I finished the course last month. Got serious two days ago. Am going to go nuts ignoring things like, "the market is saturated" or thinking about how I'm 1.5 years too late.

One thing to understand is the realization of nearly any concept that requires extremely hard work and dedication. Some 30,000 people have taken that course. Maybe 3,000 actually started. Then 400 kept working for three months. At the end, probably 4-5 actually spend 8-9 hours per day, 7 days a week, building their listings, seeing how things work, adjusting to what doesn't work, etc.

This isn't something where you post a few things and sit on the beach all day. The sitting on the beach all day part is where you've grown to the point where you have scripted systems, 8 other employees working for you, and so many sales rolling in that refunds of some % don't matter.

Yes, algorithms were different in 2016, and they were different last week as well. That stuff changes by the hour.

What IS difficult to block out are sending messages to recently successful drop shippers with David Vu's model (recently meaning they started 2017 or after) and hearing how they're making $8,000+ per month. The catch is, it took 10 hours a day of making listings over the course of 6 months to get there.

From what I've gathered, your profit is about half the number of your listings, based off David Vu's 40%. After all is said and done, if you have 15,000 listings, you'll have about ~$7,500 profit for that month.

If you're focused as **** and completely in the zone, one new listing should take 4 minutes. This includes coming up with an SEO worthy title for the product, SEO labeled pictures (If you're on a MAC this takes 3 seconds. If you're on a PC, you have to download snippet picture bull****, save to separate folders, etc.).

So getting into actual money from David's model and other stories/proof you'll find online, let's say your goal was 15,000 listings.

If you're at max concentration, it's 4 minutes per post, but the world isn't perfect, you'll eventually need a drink, and you have to check Facebook and Instagram. Let's add in room for all that including a bathroom break, and you're averaging 9 minutes per post, 8 hours a day.

Either way, any aspect of sales is a numbers game. The more calls you make, the more people in your pipeline, the more whatever. It doesn't matter. So, you just take how much money you want to make, figure out the posts, time how long it takes to create posts, and do the math:

For a roughly $~7,500 net profit each month, you need 15,000 listings under your belt:
15,000 * 9 minutes = 135,000 minutes.
135,000 minutes / 60 = 2,250 hours (Basically the time you've spent watching Netflix the past 10-12 months)
2,250 hours / 8 hours per day = 281 days, or 9.375 months straight, no days off.
If you take weekends off, you're looking at 14.06 months.

If you only work 4 hours a day, weekends off, still at 9 minute per post, you're looking at 28.125 months or 2.34 YEARS.

If you're chillax and just want $1,000 net profit each month, you'll need more than 2x times that number of listings because the numbers and odds don't work as well when things are that slim, so let's estimate 3,700 listings:
3,700 * 9 minutes = 33,300 minutes.
33,300 minutes / 60 = 555 hours
555 hours / 4 hours per day, 7 days per week = 4.625 months.
4 hours per day, 5 days a week = 6.93 months.

The point is, the people posting their success stories are legit. No asshole is so bored to create content, stories and video about something so monotonous and specific without having the excitement and fulfillment of having made so much money off a concept so seemingly simple. But, they worked at a level so hard that it's somewhat hard to grasp what it feels like to post items over and over for 8 hours a day. Nobody is going to do that except 4 or 5 people out of 20-30,000.

The point of my story is, I'll let you know what happens if anyone gives a ****. There are a few tiny details that makes David's course what it is, but I feel kinda wrong in respect to him just delving them out here in the open. I watched the course 3 times to catch it all, and the most important details were almost said under his breath and you can miss it if you look away for 10 seconds.

The 6 hour course could really be explained in about 10 minutes, but I know there would be no money for Udemy or David if he did that, which is why he takes longer to explain everything rather than getting to the point, (Like Tai Lopez, but not nearly as bad).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fb94423 For This Useful Post:
Moderate (06-12-2021), Verytop (11-21-2019)
Old 08-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Nice analytical post - hope it works out for you
Old 08-16-2018

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fb94423 View Post
I finished the course last month. Got serious two days ago. Am going to go nuts ignoring things like, "the market is saturated" or thinking about how I'm 1.5 years too late.

One thing to understand is the realization of nearly any concept that requires extremely hard work and dedication. Some 30,000 people have taken that course. Maybe 3,000 actually started. Then 400 kept working for three months. At the end, probably 4-5 actually spend 8-9 hours per day, 7 days a week, building their listings, seeing how things work, adjusting to what doesn't work, etc.

This isn't something where you post a few things and sit on the beach all day. The sitting on the beach all day part is where you've grown to the point where you have scripted systems, 8 other employees working for you, and so many sales rolling in that refunds of some % don't matter.

Yes, algorithms were different in 2016, and they were different last week as well. That stuff changes by the hour.

What IS difficult to block out are sending messages to recently successful drop shippers with David Vu's model (recently meaning they started 2017 or after) and hearing how they're making $8,000+ per month. The catch is, it took 10 hours a day of making listings over the course of 6 months to get there.

From what I've gathered, your profit is about half the number of your listings, based off David Vu's 40%. After all is said and done, if you have 15,000 listings, you'll have about ~$7,500 profit for that month.

If you're focused as **** and completely in the zone, one new listing should take 4 minutes. This includes coming up with an SEO worthy title for the product, SEO labeled pictures (If you're on a MAC this takes 3 seconds. If you're on a PC, you have to download snippet picture bull****, save to separate folders, etc.).

So getting into actual money from David's model and other stories/proof you'll find online, let's say your goal was 15,000 listings.

If you're at max concentration, it's 4 minutes per post, but the world isn't perfect, you'll eventually need a drink, and you have to check Facebook and Instagram. Let's add in room for all that including a bathroom break, and you're averaging 9 minutes per post, 8 hours a day.

Either way, any aspect of sales is a numbers game. The more calls you make, the more people in your pipeline, the more whatever. It doesn't matter. So, you just take how much money you want to make, figure out the posts, time how long it takes to create posts, and do the math:

For a roughly $~7,500 net profit each month, you need 15,000 listings under your belt:
15,000 * 9 minutes = 135,000 minutes.
135,000 minutes / 60 = 2,250 hours (Basically the time you've spent watching Netflix the past 10-12 months)
2,250 hours / 8 hours per day = 281 days, or 9.375 months straight, no days off.
If you take weekends off, you're looking at 14.06 months.

If you only work 4 hours a day, weekends off, still at 9 minute per post, you're looking at 28.125 months or 2.34 YEARS.

If you're chillax and just want $1,000 net profit each month, you'll need more than 2x times that number of listings because the numbers and odds don't work as well when things are that slim, so let's estimate 3,700 listings:
3,700 * 9 minutes = 33,300 minutes.
33,300 minutes / 60 = 555 hours
555 hours / 4 hours per day, 7 days per week = 4.625 months.
4 hours per day, 5 days a week = 6.93 months.

The point is, the people posting their success stories are legit. No asshole is so bored to create content, stories and video about something so monotonous and specific without having the excitement and fulfillment of having made so much money off a concept so seemingly simple. But, they worked at a level so hard that it's somewhat hard to grasp what it feels like to post items over and over for 8 hours a day. Nobody is going to do that except 4 or 5 people out of 20-30,000.

The point of my story is, I'll let you know what happens if anyone gives a ****. There are a few tiny details that makes David's course what it is, but I feel kinda wrong in respect to him just delving them out here in the open. I watched the course 3 times to catch it all, and the most important details were almost said under his breath and you can miss it if you look away for 10 seconds.

The 6 hour course could really be explained in about 10 minutes, but I know there would be no money for Udemy or David if he did that, which is why he takes longer to explain everything rather than getting to the point, (Like Tai Lopez, but not nearly as bad).
I agree with most of what you said, DS is not as easy as it seems and it takes time to start making a living from it, but I don't think it's necessary to create listings manually and work 8 hours per day! At least I wouldn't do that. Moreover how can you track prices and stock changes on your source market manually for 15000 listings?

You can automate 90% of the whole process, except for dealing with messages, disputes, and of course withdrawing money from PayPal

You say that $7,500 net profit each month, needs 15,000 listings, I doesn't make any sense for me, It's way more complicated than that and it depends on many many other parameters.

Best of luck
Old 08-17-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othmane View Post
I agree with most of what you said, DS is not as easy as it seems and it takes time to start making a living from it, but I don't think it's necessary to create listings manually and work 8 hours per day! At least I wouldn't do that. Moreover how can you track prices and stock changes on your source market manually for 15000 listings?

You can automate 90% of the whole process, except for dealing with messages, disputes, and of course withdrawing money from PayPal

You say that $7,500 net profit each month, needs 15,000 listings, I doesn't make any sense for me, It's way more complicated than that and it depends on many many other parameters.

Best of luck
The 7,500 figure came from interviewing 10 or so people who have 15,000+ listings at different profit ratios.

Nobody has ever mentioned the automation of listing creations....I'll look into that, unless you're willing to share.

But yea. Interesting
Old 08-17-2018

Quote:
The 7,500 figure came from interviewing 10 or so people who have 15,000+ listings at different profit ratios.
10 or even 100 people doesn't seem to be enough to make this kind of conclusion credible. Because As I said before, it depends on many parameters.

Quote:
Nobody has ever mentioned the automation of listing creations....I'll look into that, unless you're willing to share.

But yea. Interesting
In this kind of courses, they never share everything, for obvious reasons

As for me, I have developed my own tool, and for the moment I don't plan to share it.

But there are plenty of them, just google it, and I'm sure this is going to change your life

The Best of luck.

Last edited by Othmane; 08-17-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-21-2018

Quote:

Best of luck
I doubt you'll explain or expand, but I'm not sure how, and have never heard of, automated listings. How the hell would you come up with the titles, picture names, etc. etc. etc. Not one person I've talked to does this.
Old 08-21-2018

Quote:
10 or even 100 people doesn't seem to be enough to make this kind of conclusion credible. Because As I said before, it depends on many parameters.

In this kind of courses, they never share everything, for obvious reasons

As for me, I have developed my own tool, and for the moment I don't plan to share it.

But there are plenty of them, just google it, and I'm sure this is going to change your life

The Best of luck.
I mean, I never said my observations and estimations would survive under statistical analysis, I was just trying to explain that it seems sort of like stat normalization when you increase the sample size and everything hovers around the number(s) in question. Have to take what you can get since there aren't exactly 1,000 people you can just get a survey from. But ten people, in this exact context at the same sample rate, is not THAT bad to draw a rough idea from.

But yes I have already figured out a few things that have pushed me along. I only get frustrated when I hear about things like automated listings which nobody has ever mentioned anywhere I can find.
Old 08-22-2018

Quote:
I doubt you'll explain or expand, but I'm not sure how, and have never heard of, automated listings. How the hell would you come up with the titles, picture names, etc. etc. etc. Not one person I've talked to does this.
There is nothing to expand or explain, it’s really simple.
There are many tools online (paid of course) that uses API to get products details from the source market and create listings on ebay or other makets.

You just need to find a tool that supports your source market API.

I don’t want to make any kind of advertising for any of them, that’s I didn’t mention any name, but all what you have to do is search on google and you’ll find at least 10 of them.

Good luck
Old 09-28-2018

[QUOTE=Not a super fan either, in some cases it can work.[/QUOTE]

I mean what ISN'T drop shipped these days. Home Depot drop ships. Hell, they drop ship from companies that drop ship. You think they have all that inventory on hand? Nearly everything is drop shipped. Manufacturers don't post there own ****.
Old 09-28-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I mean what ISN'T drop shipped these days. Home Depot drop ships. Hell, they drop ship from companies that drop ship. You think they have all that inventory on hand? Nearly everything is drop shipped. Manufacturers don't post there own ****.
Shipping can be an annoying step for many who don't want to deal with it and have stock on hand.