Paypal keeps giving my money back to buyers! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-07-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Paypal keeps giving my money back to buyers!

This is the 3rd time this has happened to me in the past couple months and is really driving me nuts.

I sell used auto parts on eBay, and for this particular item I specifically stated that it was sold as is, no returns. Before buying the guy emails me and asks if the part has any leaks, I tell him point blank that I cannot guarantee anything because it is being sold as is.

Well, the guy buys it, gets and says it is leaking and then wants a refund. I tell him no I will not refund, so he opens a Paypal significantly not as desribed dispute. PP already froze the money. What should I do to win this dispute??

Now the last 2 times was the same situation and the buyer got there money back without them even sending the merchandise back to me!

What really annoys me is that I have personally purchased several things on eBay in the past where it is guaranteed functional. I get it and its broken so I file a significantly no as described dispute, and the very second that I file it I get an email from PP saying my dispute has been automatically closed with the explanation that PP can't be involved in he-said she-said talk like that!

So why, when I have a real dispute that I file when people legitimately rip me off it gets turned down, but they keep getting their money back from me?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-07-2009

Longevity: 86%
Default I Feel Your Pain

The same thing has happened to me twice this week also and my listing also say the same thing we do not take returns and both times I sent proof that the buyer understood we dont take returns however still returned there money .I dont get it .It doesnt even make sense to put a return policy on your listing you have no say .Only paypal has the say .Maybe they should do our listing too LOL
Old 06-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

I understand how frustrated you are. I had the same thing happen to me about 5 different times. Guess what?? There is nothing you can do. Calling or e-mailing Paypal gets you nowhere too.
The day they changed their system, was the day that ALL Ebay buyers began to benefit and take advantage of sellers and it truly is set up for the buyer and is all about the buyer. They freeze your money, wait out the dispute and close the case. So the buyer gets the product and his/her money back. Just wait until more and more buyers learn of this tactic.
Old 06-07-2009
Threadstarter  

Why then did I get denied by Paypal when I tried it myself - I filed a not as described dispute and it got denied just a week or so before one of my buyers filed and got their money back? This was last October...
Old 06-08-2009

Longevity: 90%

guys, i think you need to escalate the claim.....paypal will then notify the buyer to return the item within X amount of days and they must give paypal a delivery confirmation/tracking number.......if the buyer doesn't provide that info...after a certain amount of days, the disputed amount gets put back into your account.
case closed
Old 06-08-2009

nobody999, thats usually whats supposed to happen and I even did that but here's the problem- when the merchandise is expensive, the buyer usually will just send part of it back or something else all together and as long as paypal sees the tracking number and it was delivered, the buyer gets their money back

But if you're a seller and the buyer starts a dispute, if you just wait the 20 days, the seller automatically wins as long as the buyer doesn't do a claim. If the buyer does a PP claim, thats when it gets tricky for the seller because PP in those cases almost always sides with the buyer if any proof is given. Hope this helps!
Old 06-08-2009
Threadstarter  

The last time this happened to me, PP didn't even make the buyer provide tracking number or shipping proof before they gave him his money back! The phucker just kept my product AND got his money back!
Old 06-10-2009

There is no such thing as "sold as is" with paypal. You might as well offer a return policy because the buyer always gets their way.
Old 06-10-2009

The whole thing just sucks. Unscrupulous buyers are just coming out of the woodwork now. And with the economy in the tank, it just makes the flawed system ten times worse.
If I didn't have a conscience, I would buy Adobe Photoshop on ebay and claim that it's a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or broken.
Old 06-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

It probably would be anyway, so why bother? <g>
Old 06-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Ok, so I escelated it to a claim and Paypal is giving me several options, one of which is to provide proof of a refund sent via means other than Paypal. Anybody know what the steps are for showing/faking that I already refunded him another way?

Maybe I could send him another package (empty of course), and tell Paypal I already sent him a replacement part. Think that might work?
Old 06-11-2009
Threadstarter  

I just looked at the claim a little bit more and to submit proof of a prior refund, they are giving me the options to upload an scan/image of some kind of receipt or something showing "additional evidence", "proof of refund", or "proof of shipping".

My thoughts - either I could have a money order made in his name and scan and upload it or the receipt for it, or ship him an empty box and upload the shipping info for the "replacement part".

I know my tactics are a bit unethical, but I must meet unethicality with unethicality (if that's even a word...)
Old 06-11-2009
Vicvelcro

In the eyes of PP, scanning a money order means nothing. No proof it was cashed, thus no proof of refund. Don't bother with that.

If this was a very very recent transaction, you could still ship the empty box which would make the tracking number at least plausible. If it's been more than 48 hours already, getting a tracking number now would only make YOU look like a scammer in the eyes of PP.

Not shooting down your ideas. Just pointing out factors which may be relevant.
Old 06-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
In the eyes of PP, scanning a money order means nothing. No proof it was cashed, thus no proof of refund. Don't bother with that.

If this was a very very recent transaction, you could still ship the empty box which would make the tracking number at least plausible. If it's been more than 48 hours already, getting a tracking number now would only make YOU look like a scammer in the eyes of PP.

Not shooting down your ideas. Just pointing out factors which may be relevant.

This was very recent the eBay transaction was about 1 week ago, the dispute was filed 4 days ago, and escelated to a claim today.
Old 06-11-2009
Vicvelcro

I sent you a PM, but it seems you may have logged off without seeing it.
Old 06-12-2009

did you have your payments taken from you from your bank account or paypal balance? if it's from the bank, can't you ask the bank to pay you back on ground of unauthorised transaction?

i would like to know if the bank is unverified, what can paypal do?? anyone knows that?
Old 06-12-2009

btw, ebay and paypal are infested with fraudsters nowadays. everyone beware! and these 2 companies should buck up their security. if they allow users' accounts be stolen and used to commit fraud, neither the buyers/sellers should be the LAST to bear the monetary loss as we are victims!
Old 06-15-2009
Threadstarter  

I am a Power Seller - think I have an chance of Paypal deciding in my favor?
Old 06-17-2009

Best thing to do for an a$$hole like this is just send him friendly emails and agree to give him a refund provided he sends it back. Apologize. Kiss his butt. Say something like "Well, I listed this item as is, but I didn't know it was giving leaks, i'm so sorry". This is the best tactic to avoid a potential negative. After he sends it back, block his username from buying from you and just relist the item. I don't know how much money we are talking with this item. I usually sell $10-20 items, and when I tell people to send the item back, 75% of the time they don't.
Old 06-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacka_man View Post
Best thing to do for an a$$hole like this is just send him friendly emails and agree to give him a refund provided he sends it back. Apologize. Kiss his butt. Say something like "Well, I listed this item as is, but I didn't know it was giving leaks, i'm so sorry". This is the best tactic to avoid a potential negative. After he sends it back, block his username from buying from you and just relist the item. I don't know how much money we are talking with this item. I usually sell $10-20 items, and when I tell people to send the item back, 75% of the time they don't.
Luckily, he already left me positive feedback so that's not an issue, I just wanna keep my money, $150.
Old 06-19-2009

I just had $350 taken from me by pp. The guy reckoned he didnt receive the goods, he put in the claim 9 days after I posted the items, (in 2 packs) PP asked for proof of postage, which I provided showing the postcode etc I escallated it to a claim yet they still gave him my money and I am sure he has the goods. I will continue checking with the post delivery people and if he did receive the goods I will take the matter to court. I might anyway.
Old 06-19-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Granny keep checking the tracking and once it shows delivered, then appeal the decision. Hopefully you will have a chance to get your money back.