Paypal phone verify phone not registered in your name - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Paypal phone verify phone not registered in your name

i just bought some account on forums

there is no google voice on account so i added phone number myself (get number from apps we can buy some us phone number)

and i verified on paypal with sms code

i tried to send money from paypal but pp ask me verify phone

there is no phone number and only add phone button i can click

i tried to add phone number registered paypal it say not registered in your name

What can i do with this??

Should i call paypal??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2017
Banned

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Paypal phone verify phone not registered in your name

call paypal that you're not able to add a phone number on your account.
Old 11-29-2017

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by poimo View Post
i just bought some account on forums

there is no google voice on account so i added phone number myself (get number from apps we can buy some us phone number)

and i verified on paypal with sms code

i tried to send money from paypal but pp ask me verify phone

there is no phone number and only add phone button i can click

i tried to add phone number registered paypal it say not registered in your name

What can i do with this??

Should i call paypal??
* sorry post is jumbled here I am on my iPhone ack Edit later
But if you have any questions feel free i might be able to help peace

I spent so long trying to solve this a few months ago lol so I'm replying here. The way the phone gets to be registered in your name is through your cell phone service provider. If you are in a situation where you do not have access to the phone when your account was created and then try to add a new phone number, the AI will check the national phone database called CNAM.
If the phone is not tied to your name in the CNAM lookup PayPal error appears "Sorry this phone is not registered in your name"
This gives rise to the need to call up PayPal and have them manually add your number

Well if you cannot or do not want to do this, read below. One side note- if you have a male name on your account and are female or vice Vera's one way around this for calling is to indicate that your are not 'cis' gender to the PayPal rep. I.E. tell them you are pre-op tranny or that you are transitioning. Not sure myself what would be the smoothest way to weave this in via small talk lol but I have heard it works

You need a wireless number tied to the PayPal account holder's name that is registered with CNAM
CNAM information is updated by your wireless phone carrier.

In some threads I read before, members here at Apskin discuss how Most prepaid phones and specifically Tracfone & AT&T GoPhone do not work for CNAM. The carrier doesn't offer this option.Other problems arise with delays in updating CNAM. Some wrote that even adding a new line to their own plan and requesting the caller Id name change (CNAM) can take 90 days for instance, according to some.

I was in this siatuation and found some very helpful posts here in search but did not find an explicit answer other than directly calling PayPal.

Anyway
I was able to get around calling PayPal.!!
I have a plan on Verizon already. So I just added a line and then went to a h store and brought an older phon in. Got a SIM card etc.
Verizon lets you update the CNAM info in your online account. I did this and PayPal accepted the new phone number as registered in my name 24 hours later.

Are there any prepaid wireless carriers that willl work similarly? After searching a great deal on google, I found reports that Boost Mobile will update CNAM info and it goes through quickly - within 3 days or so.
Sprint regular wireless plan has the same option as Verizon to update your info
Explain d here
https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/services/change-your-caller-id-name-on-sprint-com.html

How to change or update this info in Verizon is explained here
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/share-name-id-faqs/

The one useful thing about Verizon plan is that you can change your wireless number unlimited times for an existing line on your account and you can do this in the online account. No need to call
The number updates automatically. this can be useful for account maint nance combined with the above

Last edited by warrenpuffit; 11-29-2017 at 04:51 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to warrenpuffit For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (08-23-2018), H4ck (01-23-2018), mrowcp (07-31-2018), poimo (11-30-2017), selling4life (08-01-2018), Shadowmoe7 (03-29-2018), supermanxx (09-22-2018)
Old 11-29-2017

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpuffit View Post

I spent so long trying to solve this a few months ago lol so I'm replying here. The way the phone gets to be registered in your name is through your cell phone service provider. If you are in a situation where you do not have access to the phone when your account was created and then try to add a new phone number, the AI will check the national phone database called CNAM.
If the phone is not tied to your name in the CNAM lookup PayPal error appears "Sorry this phone is not registered in your name"
This gives rise to the need to call up PayPal and have them manually add your number

Well if you cannot or do not want to do this, read below. One side note- if you have a male name on your account and are female or vice Vera's one way around this for calling is to indicate that your are not 'cis' gender to the PayPal rep. I.E. tell them you are pre-op tranny or that you are transitioning. Not sure myself what would be the smoothest way to weave this in via small talk lol but I have heard it works

You need a wireless number tied to the PayPal account holder's name that is registered with CNAM

In some threads I read before, members here at Apskin discuss how Most prepaid phones and specifically Tracfone & AT&T GoPhone do not work for CNAM. The carrier doesn't offer this option.Other problems arise with delays in updating CNAM. Some wrote that even adding a new line to their own plan and requesting the caller Id name change (CNAM) can take 90 days for instance, according to some.

I was in this siatuation and found some very helpful posts here in search but did not find an explicit answer other than directly calling PayPal.

Anyway
I have a plan on Verizon already. So I just added a line and then went to a h store and brought an older phon in. Got a SIM card etc.
Verizon lets you update the CNAM info in your online account. I did this and PayPal accepted the new phone number as registered in my name 24 hours later.

Are there any prepaid wireless carriers that willl work similarly? After searching a great deal on google, I found reports that Boost Mobile will update CNAM info and it goes through quickly - within 3 days or so.
Explain d here
https://www.sprint.com/en/support/so...print-com.html

https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-name-id-faqs/

The one useful thing about Verizon plan is that you can change your wireless number unlimited times for an existing line on your account and you can do this in the online account. No need to call
The number updates automatically. this can be useful for account maint nance combined with the above
Does waiting a week work too? I heard from somewhere that works.

This is my stealth paypal I am using, but I wanted a legit phone number to avoid issues like this so I used my friend's phone number.

Do you think it could work if I had my friend call and say that his phone number is registered under his Uncle's name or something?
Old 01-13-2018

That won't fly Brad. They don't work that way.
They like to say yes that's fine.. to get you off the phone.
Before you can hang up you're limited for sounding suspicious.
Old 03-01-2018

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpuffit View Post

Anyway

Explain d here
https://www.sprint.com/en/support/so...print-com.html

https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...-name-id-faqs/

Any update on confirming name/address CNAM info works for "Boost mobile"?
Old 03-03-2018

Longevity: 43%

On that note towards this thread i have come in contact with AT&T GO-PREPAID services. They honor updating CNAM database when joining you just need to call the customer support and give the oki-dokes towards the request.
Old 03-03-2018

detailed and wll describe article how caller id works why it might take months to update
Old 03-03-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Paypal doesn't like you changing original phone number
How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 03-11-2018

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
PayPal don't like changing everything from original information since we're using stealth account information ))
Old 03-11-2018

It appears as if it doesn't matter whether it's the original number or not in my case. I changed my original number and verified it and still when you try to make a purchase it asks you to add a new phone number and you cannot finish the process.
So to me the only options have been withdraw to bank or forget about it. I think I'll start a thread and get input on this issue as well.
Old 03-11-2018

Longevity: 70%

all my paypal accounts are US, and I am located outside the US,i faced your problem verifying mobile and I tried every single service but the system didn't accept those mobile number ,i didn't sign in for 1week and everything went ok, later on I figured out that my VPN service was leaking ,I changed the VPN service and everything became well until today
Old 06-04-2018

Longevity: 34%

I change name in verizon, name from my paypal. Adding phone number in paypal, sending verification sms. But i not see sms in web interface verizon. Why? Help me please.
Old 06-05-2018

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffe View Post
I change name in verizon, name from my paypal. Adding phone number in paypal, sending verification sms. But i not see sms in web interface verizon. Why? Help me please.
Call paypal to send sms & report back here
Old 06-05-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffe View Post
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Changing name on paypal account is not a good move - security issue
Old 06-05-2018

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Changing name on paypal account is not a good move - security issue

I think you misunderstood the poster. Believe he said he changed the Verizon ID to the name in Paypal, not the paypal name to Verizon ID. It appears that perhaps the Caller ID had not gotten updated in CNAN yet. Suggest wait for 3 days.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpoulos62 For This Useful Post:
Coffe (06-06-2018), rsot (06-10-2018)
Old 06-06-2018

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoulos62 View Post
I think you misunderstood the poster. Believe he said he changed the Verizon ID to the name in Paypal, not the paypal name to Verizon ID. It appears that perhaps the Caller ID had not gotten updated in CNAN yet. Suggest wait for 3 days.
Yes you are right. Number is added to PP. But sms with the code does not come on Verizon :(
Old 06-07-2018

Longevity: 44%

so what about does of us not in the US but own US stealth accounts? what do we do? any solution on how we can get numbers that match our stealth account information?
Old 06-07-2018

Longevity: 49%

I have the same issue but it is a google voice number. If i just change the name on the google account will it work?
Old 06-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%

No it will not.
If the number was just added youll need to wait a few months for it to be accepted for such verification calls.
If its been on there for a while it means that its a generic error and you wont be able to proceed with that action cause paypal doesn't have enough trust in the account.
Old 06-08-2018

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitty View Post
so what about does of us not in the US but own US stealth accounts? what do we do? any solution on how we can get numbers that match our stealth account information?
Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to jamescarson3000 For This Useful Post:
esherl (05-01-2022)
Old 06-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by supplies View Post
That won't fly Brad. They don't work that way.
They like to say yes that's fine.. to get you off the phone.
Before you can hang up you're limited for sounding suspicious.
Actually, waiting a week did work (sorry for late reply).

I've sent $2000+ out and in the account being bank verified.
I know I will be stopped soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brad0 For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (08-26-2018)
Closed Thread