Social Media - Does it Convert? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 05-27-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Social Media - Does it Convert?

Can't help but feel that building a following on social media is a daily event, which ultimately fizzles up should you skip out on posting content once it's grown. Has anyone built a sizable following and seen an increase in sales that has held the bar at that level ever since it grew?

i.e. you've got a facebook page with 10k followers. You now get on average 20 more orders a day ever since the page grew to around 10k.

OR.....

you get 20 more orders a day when you release promotions, sales or coupons to your following. Cheap little buggers.

OR.....

I'm looking at this in the wrong way and should approach marketing via alternative methods.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%
Default Re: Social Media - Does it Convert?

It all depends on your niche.. is Facebook where your target customer hangs out? If so than hell yes you need to be active on Facebook to be in their face every single day. More exposure, more likely they will convert into a customer.

If you don't find it working for you thinking about SEO and other sources of targeted traffic.

I agree there needs to be a more automated way to organically be in your customer's face on social media.. there is software for posting but you still have to create the content (this can be done cheap via freelancers but it's still work). Have you thought about FB Ads?
Old 06-10-2018

Longevity: 72%

Most non-industry related statistical analysis has shown that there is little to no return from social media.

However, statistics are big pictures, and certainly your own business may differ depending on what you sell and what medium you use.

My Google Analytics shows little to no substantial conversion directly from any of the social media sites.

Your own mileage may differ...
Old 06-11-2018
Threadstarter  

Took your advice on generating leads and remarketing strategies last night (from other thread), aspkin

Looks like Mailchimp is an ace remarketing tool. Has support for paypal and siphons off buyer's email into a mailing list. It's even free up to 2000 emails/mo. Only downside is AFAIK emailing someone without their consent is totes illegal... small hiccup.

Good news is after adding a snippet of Mailchimp's html code that adds an email subscription popup to my website I got a whopping 2 orders in 1 day - lol! TBH that's more than I've seen from FB and Adwords traffic or organic SEO searches but whether or not Mailchimp actually has anything to do with it only time will tell.

Same experience so far, dallis. Just figured people saw ads as more bothersome than anything. Quickly threw in the towel after seeing no conversions, and clicks were beginning to add up. Organic search seems to be promising, however. The website isn't free but I think there is potential.. don't know the first thing about SEO but from what I gathered make sure there are relevant keywords and the more you let your site age the better it will rank.

Started reading $hit about click funnels and creating aged blog posts that redirect people to your site.... but became busy with more pressing aspects of the business.

Do remember reading about another strategy was getting youtube channels and people with large followings on Instagram to promote your inventory - at a cost obviously, but for these [lucky few] it seemed to have worked.

Last edited by Sunspot144; 06-11-2018 at 09:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
aspkin (06-12-2018)
Old 06-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Think I can confirm that using a subscriber popup gains buyer trust. Got 4 orders in one day last Sat. New record. Never saw that for 3 months prior to adding the popup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (05-20-2021)
Old 07-03-2018

Longevity: 33%

following post
Old 05-20-2021

Longevity: 30%

What did you get blazemedia to do? Or was it just bare arse plug..
Old 05-21-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anishacorn View Post
I recently started a business with my friend. We are like a small bakery mostly working with making cakes. We started an Instagram page but we didn't post a lot of it. Because of that, we didn't get much recognition and our business wasn't going too well. Later, I realized it's important to post a lot on social media, especially when you're just starting. We posted at least five pictures a day. Also used tags and location. It's very important to make stories too. We posted our work process, decorations, etc.We had this site too that helped our sales go up https://blazemedia.co.uk/what-we-do/...edia-marketing. You won't believe how fast our page grew and how many orders we had after that. So yes, it's very important to be active to gain new customers!
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

On both your posts, you have 2 different links - why?