One of my relative's account has been restricted because of mine! What can I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 02-08-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default One of my relative's account has been restricted because of mine! What can I do?

(Sorry, I wrote this in a different section and I realised that this is the right one)

My account has been suspended today. The sad thing is that they also suspended one of my relative's account, who lives in a different country. I don't care about mine, but I want the one of my relative back to work. My relative's selling activity has nothing to do with mine, and he has also never broken any rule.

They told me that my relative is the only person that can speak for his account. he is in a different country and doesn't speak english. I am the only person that can speak for him. So they suggested me to make him call eBay of his country, and ask to authorise me to speak on his behalf. The restriction on his account has been made from eBay uk, that's why eBay of his country is helpless.

Any tip. So far, the people on the phone seem useless.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2017

Longevity: 41%
Default Re: One of my relative's account has been restricted because of mine! What can I do?

Only eBay/Paypal has the last say on this matter.
Old 02-08-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: One of my relative's account has been restricted because of mine! What can I do?

What's the reason for your limitation?

If it's outstanding fees for example you cqn pay them off.ans hope they reinstate your relatives. For them to shut his down it must be a pretty solid link between accounts.
Old 02-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
What's the reason for your limitation?

If it's outstanding fees for example you cqn pay them off.ans hope they reinstate your relatives. For them to shut his down it must be a pretty solid link between accounts.
Nothing to do with fees. My account has been suspended for selling things that they considered counterfeit (which I bought on eBay), therefore they suspended my relative's account only because I had been to his house or used his computer.

Those items considered counterfeit, were bought by myself from eBay to be resold on eBay for profit. If they consider them counterfeit it means that they should blame themselves, and that they are the ones that sold me counterfeit items.
Old 02-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofhelp View Post
Nothing to do with fees. My account has been suspended for selling things that they considered counterfeit (which I bought on eBay), therefore they suspended my relative's account only because I had been to his house or used his computer.

Those items considered counterfeit, were bought by myself from eBay to be resold on eBay for profit. If they consider them counterfeit it means that they should blame themselves, and that they are the ones that sold me counterfeit items.
Only YOU are responsible for what you sell. It is not ebay's fault...
Old 02-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Only YOU are responsible for what you sell. It is not ebay's fault...
Absolutely. I'm the only person responsible. But damaging somebody else because I've been to their house or used their computer it's nonsense. It's a stone-age policy.
Old 02-08-2017
just_smile

Yeh that logic doesn't hold any weight really. You are responsible for what you sell, no matter where you bought it.

You can plead with ebay to reinstate the account but don't hold your breath...
Old 02-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Yeh that logic doesn't hold any weight really. You are responsible for what you sell, no matter where you bought it.

You can plead with ebay to reinstate the account but don't hold your breath...
Like I said, none of my items were counterfeit, they were just popular branded items.

But blocking my relative just because I've been to their house or used their computer, and therefore (in their mind) potentially dangerous for eBay's business, does that hold any weight?

Last edited by inneedofhelp; 02-08-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2017

Longevity: 63%

eBay or PayPal aren't known for being reasonable. That's why this forum exists.
Old 06-15-2018

Longevity: 33%
Default opening new paypal after limitatiod

my paypal was suspended so I used my brothers paypal and that too was suspended within 48hours.its from this forum that I learnt today that any paypal linked to that account will also be limited.

I have a business ebay account which I have never used, but I can list up to 1000items in value of 10,000 pounds.

if I open a new paypal account, hope that wont be limited too because its the same address.i intend linking my business account to it.thanks

any advise pls
Old 06-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 65%
Default Re: opening new paypal after limitatiod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKGIFTED View Post
my paypal was suspended so I used my brothers paypal and that too was suspended within 48hours.its from this forum that I learnt today that any paypal linked to that account will also be limited.

I have a business ebay account which I have never used, but I can list up to 1000items in value of 10,000 pounds.

if I open a new paypal account, hope that wont be limited too because its the same address.i intend linking my business account to it.thanks

any advise pls
Have you read the stealth guide?

You will need to have everything different for each account in eb and pp. Different bank accounts, phone numbers, addresses, cards, etc all need to be different and new.

You also need to have different user accounts for each one too. Have different IP addresses between these accounts is recommended, although some say it does not matter.
Old 06-16-2018
just_smile

Quote:

any advise pls
Get the stealth guide, learn all the ways they can link you. That's the only way to stop it happening again.
Old 06-16-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

any advise pls
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth
Old 06-16-2018
Banned

Longevity: 64%

u screwed the pooch my guy