VPN, VM, VPS? Which one would you recommend? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-22-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default VPN, VM, VPS? Which one would you recommend?

I currently have two eBay accounts. One of them received the 30-day suspension for VeRO, and the other one is selling no problem. Oddly enough the details match exactly, use the same PayPal, and same browser. Second account was made and immediately had 350/18,000 limit.

However, I know that eventually both of these accounts will be banned, so I want to move on from selling VeRO, and start making an honest living. I am looking at buying a few stealth accounts, and slowly growing them with low-risk items. Maybe a couple VeRO items next year, once the account has grown bigger.

Either way, the biggest step for me is keeping these accounts un-linked. I have been trying to figure out the best way for me, because I live at two houses, one house I have my desktop, and the other house I use a laptop. I want to make sure that these accounts last, so I believe doing the VPN or VM method would not work(unless I have the VM run off an external drive?).

Does anyone here use Windows VPS? This would allow me to log into the VPS from either location, and would keep everything separate. Separate cookies, separate IP, separate everything?

Also, for the 200/$20k limit set by PayPal, which is considered the hard limit? If I sell items that are $40, it would take 500 items to hit those limits. If I sold 350 in a year, would they require tax info?

Any advice would be great
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: VPN, VM, VPS? Which one would you recommend?

Are you in the USA? Then you can use better sources of IP such as cellphone tethering, dongle, other dynamic IP providers.

VM is a platform - lot of ppl use this - I just use different window user accounts for each eb/pp account
Old 06-22-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Are you in the USA? Then you can use better sources of IP such as cellphone tethering, dongle, other dynamic IP providers.

VM is a platform - lot of ppl use this - I just use different window user accounts for each eb/pp account
Yes, I am in the US. However my biggest issue is the two separate computers that would be used.

Guess im just worried to lose accounts
Old 06-22-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

If you are considering VPN, I suggest IPBurger.
Old 06-24-2018

Take this with a grain of salt as I'm not 100% sure:

Can you just create duplicate user accounts on the laptop and desktop? If you're using a VPN or tethering both will go where you go and both will built up cookies. Tho you may need to verify it's you when you 1st start on the new user account. I would literally jump between my laptop and desktop 5 times a day and never ran into an issue. I dont see why building up user accounts on 2 machines would hurt you as long as you dont cross them accidentally.

Seriously consider this part:

The 200/$20,000 threshold is a guaranteed number but not a decisive number. Meaning if you hit 200/20000 you're guaranteed to get a 1099 but doesn't decide if you'll need to input tax info and it doesn't mean you wont get a 1099 if you dont reach that number. They almost always base it on projections when they ask for the SSN or EIN. If you sell 5 items a day for $100 you look to be in the clear so they wont ask but if 1 day the stars aligned and you sold 20 items then you'll get prompted for it. I would suggest you prepare for it. Me, personally, will have the info in the system well before they ask for it. But that's just me, I dont mess with the tax man and report all my income even if 1 account only made $500.
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by branesergen View Post
Take this with a grain of salt as I'm not 100% sure:

Can you just create duplicate user accounts on the laptop and desktop? If you're using a VPN or tethering both will go where you go and both will built up cookies. Tho you may need to verify it's you when you 1st start on the new user account. I would literally jump between my laptop and desktop 5 times a day and never ran into an issue. I dont see why building up user accounts on 2 machines would hurt you as long as you dont cross them accidentally.

Seriously consider this part:

The 200/$20,000 threshold is a guaranteed number but not a decisive number. Meaning if you hit 200/20000 you're guaranteed to get a 1099 but doesn't decide if you'll need to input tax info and it doesn't mean you wont get a 1099 if you dont reach that number. They almost always base it on projections when they ask for the SSN or EIN. If you sell 5 items a day for $100 you look to be in the clear so they wont ask but if 1 day the stars aligned and you sold 20 items then you'll get prompted for it. I would suggest you prepare for it. Me, personally, will have the info in the system well before they ask for it. But that's just me, I dont mess with the tax man and report all my income even if 1 account only made $500.
I decided that I am just going to run VMs on my server at my house, and just remote into them from either my desktop or my laptop. This way it is always the same "computer" and I can have them accessible from anywhere in the world.

For the 200/$20,000, I was wondering which one they decide on more. If I sell $50 a day, I would be under the $20,000 limit, but what if it was 500 items sold that year? Which one triggers the SSN/EIN requirement? I am not looking to evade taxes, as I will be paying all my taxes, however I do not want to have to make an LLC for each one of the accounts just to get the EIN.

Or is it possible to make plenty of EINs without having an LLC for each one? Maybe I missed something somewhere
Old 06-24-2018

Both 200 and 20k is required to guarantee you'll get the 1099k.

You can create 1 free EIN a day on the IRS website.
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by branesergen View Post
Both 200 and 20k is required to guarantee you'll get the 1099k.

You can create 1 free EIN a day on the IRS website.
Mind sending me the link? I cannot find where to get one a day
Old 06-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouako View Post
Mind sending me the link? I cannot find where to get one a day
WARNING GOVERNMENT LINK:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-...ber-ein-online
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Thanks rsot! Am i able to just sit here and generate one a day and stockpile them? Any risk of linking accounts by adding an EIN to each stealth?
Old 06-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouako View Post
Thanks rsot! Am i able to just sit here and generate one a day and stockpile them? Any risk of linking accounts by adding an EIN to each stealth?
I don't know about generating one a day - that sounds excessive.

As for linking purposes, EINs are good and used by many members here - if you search posts, tons of discussion
Old 06-24-2018

Yeah just because you can do 1 a day doesn't mean you should. No need to really unless you get 2 accounts in a bind asking for it one the exact same day. Just create 1 as you need it. It may not trigger PayPal or ebay but it may trigger the government.
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I don't know about generating one a day - that sounds excessive.

As for linking purposes, EINs are good and used by many members here - if you search posts, tons of discussion
Awesome! Thank you so much. I do agree the doing one a day was excessive, but I would like to have them available if I do end up going that route.

Thanks again!