Successful Call In on Limited PayPal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-09-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Successful Call In on Limited PayPal

Figured I'd share this as it might help someone down the road or at least give a little hope that every once in a while it can pay to call in. I checked out the email of an stealth account and saw that the PayPal account had been limited in the last week. It was an aged account with only a couple sales here and there so it was a little unexpected.

I was disappointed to see that PayPal wanted a Photo ID and figured this account was gone. After doing a bit of research on this forum I saw that a few others had suggested calling PayPal once you'd provided any other documents they were requesting aside from the ID. Figuring it was worth a shot I uploaded the additional documents and gave them a call.

After a surprisingly quick review of the additional documents I'd uploaded the person I was talking to told me that everything was good to go and the limitation was lifted.

This is only my experience and I can't speak for everyone, but it's worth a shot before just tossing a stealth PayPal just because they want a Photo ID. My advice would be to complete everything else/upload all documents that you can before calling in and see if you can at least get a bit more information about what they're looking for from you. It's getting increasingly tough to tell these days and you might luck into not having to provide an ID at all for the time being.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2018

Longevity: 34%
Default Re: Successful Call In on Limited PayPal

Why would they limit the account with almost no sales? Risky items?
Old 07-10-2018
Threadstarter  

No they're not risky items, I think it was probably just an pretty big increase in listings and activity so they might have just wanted to verify the items were purchased legitimately more than anything. That's all I could come up with because it was kind of out of the blue.
Old 07-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,910 Times in 8,203 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Perhaps listing out your account creation steps and making sure you operate link free would be good for forum analysis...
Old 07-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 10%
Longevity: 91%

Good job and congrats on getting the account back.
Never giving up before you've tried everything is indeed the way to go.
And by the way - an ID request is not the end of the world - get creative and you can provide even that. I speak from experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
TN2016 (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Perhaps listing out your account creation steps and making sure you operate link free would be good for forum analysis...
I had actually purchased the account from a member on this forum so after purchasing I started browsing and creating some watch lists/saved sellers for a couple months. Also should note I purchased Dedicated IP address from 24VPN and created a new user account on my PC for the new account so as far as I can tell everything was done correctly and no links were created.

That's why it was a bit surprising and the only thing I could think of was a decent increase in listings on the eBay account in the last month or so. They hadn't translated to many sales at the time so it wasn't a huge increase in funds in PayPal or anything like that. Other than that there wasn't any unusual activity on the accounts (eBay or PayPal).

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything, but if you have any other questions on my processes or anything that would've potentially triggered it let me know and I'll do my best to provide answers.
Old 07-11-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%

Sounds like you did everything well. Personally I liked my IPBurger VPN never got me cross linked to another IP unlike other places.

Yours sounds like a soft limit and they got scared when your volume jumped.
Annoying but at least you got your account back fine.
Old 07-28-2018

it would have been a different story if you would have have a few thousand is fast sales