Ebay staffs are very very stupid to deal with - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 06-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Ebay staffs are very very stupid to deal with

Pretty much what the title says.

I was banned AGAIN recently, when I was selling CDKEYS. I've been selling these keys for a very long time, and was fine until now. One of the ebay staff think it is funny to ban me AGAIN, and say that the listing is against the copyright acts. I tried contacting the Trust and Support team about how stupid they are and do not know how to read, even spelled out the reasons on how these keys are allowed, not against ANY copyright acts and bull**** like that, and does not even belong to any restricted item sections... SEVERAL TIMES

I have even asked the support team of the creators of the game, and they said that selling the keys were fine, and was legal.

Their reply was the same bull every single time, stating that your account has been perm banned for selling a copyrighted item (when IT IS NOT, due to their inability to know how to read the basic alphabet that I had spelled out for them), and had no plans to be reinstated, which is total bull****. I tried to dispute against this suspension ,since it was purely a mistake, but nothing can get through those thick skulls .

Right now, I am severely raged to the point and wanting to take on this suspension with legal actions against those mindless lots... Are there anyways (for instance, their non-automated support line phone number) to put my words into some skulls that actually understand the human English written language?

Last edited by GreenBean; 06-25-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: 'cos it was full of cursing
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Depends: if you swear & curse like you are here, who would bother reading your email? Save your rage for else where not the forum,OK. Got enough to do now
What was the actual suspension notice? IF it was MC019, then this thread will asssit you
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/97...hallenged.html

Anything else do tell please
Old 06-25-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes yes, i know my post above was pathetic, i was really angrey. btw, it is MC062, any more specific idea on what that is?

My emails were not as bad as my post above to be honest lol

ME:
Recently, My account was suspended again, for "selling unauthorized copyrighted item". This is not really fair for me, because all I was selling was simply a CD-Key that I had, never used, but it won't play on all servers. This is NOT a infringement of ANY copyright laws, since I own the key legally, and I am not illegally sending the game to anyone, just mailing the key. Selling CD-Keys for retail games are allowed, as long as you are the original owner of the key.

I was previously banned due to a family member selling modified Xbox 360s, but he was not aware of what he was doing. We had swore upon that day to not sell anything against the copyright act anymore, but what we were selling today was completely unrelated.
I've also mentioned this point prior, stating that I have a very big house, and it is shared by multiple household. If this account is banned, many of those who are renting rooms will not be able to use ebay, which is not very fair for them either.
Please, I beg you to reinstate this account once more, since I did not do anything wrong.
Thank you very much.

Ebay idiots:

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your account suspension.

320387464854 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ONLINE CD-KEY

Your listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. Listings
offering software, hardware, or information that may enable an
individual to create unauthorized copies of copy-protected media are not
allowed on eBay. Copy-protected media includes, but is not limited to,
video games, software, CD-ROMs, and DVDs.

For more information on the eBay Enabling Duplication of Copy-Protected
Material policy, please visit:

Enabling Duplication of Copy-Protected Material

Click the "Show" links for more information about the policy, examples
of items not permitted on eBay, and the reason why eBay has this policy.

***Important***
Repeat violations of this or other eBay policies may lead to the
suspension of your account. Please understand that it is your
responsibility to make sure that your listings follow eBay policy.

For an overview of prohibited and restricted items on eBay, go to:

Prohibited and restricted items - overview

Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely with no plans for
reinstatement. eBay has taken this measure because you violated the
terms of your reinstatement agreement. Previously, we reinstated your
account after you provided us with a statement, signed under penalty of
perjury, promising that you would not list any potentially infringing or
illegal items on eBay. You also agreed to abide by all eBay policies and
guidelines.

Because you continued to list potentially infringing items on eBay, we
had no choice but to suspend your account indefinitely with no plans for
reinstatement.

You are prohibited from registering under a new account name or using
eBay in any way. Also, eBay reserves the right to suspend accounts
registered by anyone in the same household of a suspended member, or by
any other associates of a suspended member.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Murray

eBay Customer Support

Okay, So I've checked the Forbidden Item list, and as well as the copyright page, this doesn't fall under ANY categories.

ME:

I am very disappointed with the reply I have received regarding the Cd-key that I was selling that caused my suspension. It seems like that you have not even read my message.

The listing was removed, and caused my account suspended due to copyright problems, which does not make any sense, because this is simply a CD-KEY you use to play online. I legally bought this key a while ago, but found that It cannot be used to play on PunkBuster protected servers, that is why I decided to sell it to those who are interested. I have contacted PunkBuster support line as well for information regarding on selling CD-keys that I LEGALLY OWN, and they said that it is perfectly and legal to do so.

Thousands of people sell CD-Keys online, but how come I am the only one who got zing'd? I was only offering the key, to replace those that was stolen. You CANNOT gain illegal downloads or redistribution of the game using a key, nor did I offered such thing.

I have read the copyright policies of eBay multiple times, this item does NOT break any of the rules and policies.

Once again, I do not wish to write this email again, but the last time when my account was suspended caused by a family member not knowing the policies, we have agreed not to sold anything against the copyright policies any more. However, the suspension of my account as well as the removal of this list have NOTHING to do with the copyright policies, does not fall under any of the categories of item that may be against the copyright protections on eBay, the law, nor fall under any categories of the forbidden items to be sold.

This is a mistake, and I am innocent. I would like to have the ability to use ebay back, since lots of people around me will also be affected. I have mentioned this before, but I have other teenagers renting rooms of my house that also uses ebay. They will be affected too, on this mistaken suspension. Banning my account with a wrong reason is simply unacceptable for me, and I do not wish to bring up legal actions against this suspension. Please undo this suspension, It was a mistake, and I did not deserve it.

Ebay idiots
:
Thank you for writing back to us regarding the suspension of your eBay
account.

Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely with no plans for
reinstatement. eBay has taken this measure because you violated the
terms of your reinstatement agreement.

Because you continued to list potentially infringing items on eBay, we
had no choice but to suspend your account indefinitely with no plans for
reinstatement.

You are prohibited from registering under a new account name or using
eBay in any way. Also, eBay reserves the right to suspend accounts
registered by anyone in the same household of a suspended member, or by
any other associates of a suspended member.

The eBay Trust and Safety team has reviewed this matter several times.
We have determined that the action taken was appropriate in this case.
As a result, we are not in a position to review your account again or
respond to further emails regarding this matter unless they contain new
information.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Sammie
eBay Trust & Safety

And here is my most recent (and raged) reply, still pending their response to this

ME:

I am tired of you ebay so-called staff members, are you even reading what I have been writing?

My item was NOT copyrighted, does NOT infract against your copyright act, the law, nor belongs to any sections of the forbidden item. It is absolutely legal to sell. I have contacted the official creators of the game regarding on the sales of those keys, and they agreed that it was perfectly legal and was fine to sell.

Do you ebay staff members think it is fun to ban other users for fun and for no proper reason? I have asked multiple live help agents regarding why the item was against the copyright acts on eBay, all of them have failed to answer the question, including several members of your Trust and Suppport team.

In case of a misunderstanding of the title causing the suspension, this key cannot be used to play on PunkBuster servers, that's why it was named "PB BANNED ONLINE CD-KEY" which have NOTHING to do with copyrights. You may use the key to play online, but not on PB servers. The KEY itself is legally obtained, and was legally sold.
These time delays created during the suspensions are unacceptable for my business.

Look, If you do not properly review my messages and take the correct actions, I will use legal forces against the suspension.

Also, The link you have posted is quite interesting. It's good to know that I wasn't the only one who was banned by mistake. Did that guy got reinstated afteward?

Last edited by BiN4RY; 06-25-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^ I have 'meet' 4 ebayers who got their accounts re-instated. It can happen.
Check your pm as well
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I did, was that suppose to be a joke?
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Nope, I made a freudian typo: check your private messages lol
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the amount of times I have written in caps PLEASE READ WHAT I HAVE ACTUALLY WRITTEN AND STOP SENDING ME GENERIC EMAILS. its normally takes about 4 to 6 emails before they actually understand your point, then sometimes something gets sorted or on the other hand they refuse to cooperate even if you are right.
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Using caps, got it :D
Old 06-26-2009

Longevity: 98%

How is it allowed to sell CD Keys in the first place? Isn't that only for pirating the game? How can that be legitimate?

Oh and one thing I've noticed about eBay's Trust & Safety department is that once they make up their mind, even if it's 100% wrong, they'll stick with the bad decision no matter what the evidence.
Old 06-26-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well selling keys are never illegal. Some people had their keys stolen, banned, and things like that. People sell keys ALL the time, but apparently their bot caught a word in my listing, that's probably why.

Yea i kinda notice that too... bunch of idiots
Old 06-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes Jonas I noticed that too, I pointed out the exact same thing is being sold by dozens of others (non vero) - I think they knew I was right once they understood and read my emails but because they had said no so many times they would look bad saying yes in the end.
Old 06-27-2009

Longevity: 90%

But since .ISO's brother was selling modded xbox's, isn't .ISO's case done and over? If they made the link between both of them and .ISO even told ebay that "we have agreed not to sold anything against the copyright policies any more" doesn't that mean .ISO can't register any new accounts ever?

Isn't this ebay account a lost cause either way? Not trying to be pessimistic here but just pointing out the facts...
Old 06-27-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

It is ebay's fault, but those fools can't read at all. They simply go to their email, say "oh look, someone begging for a reinstatement that was previous reinstated", and press the auto deny button