Negative Balance help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-18-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Default Negative Balance help

Hey guys sorry for just leeching info, but I have a mayor problem coming my way and I really need some advice on what to do or expect from this.

I let someone borrow my PP acc in order to receive payments for an iPhone unlocking service they were offering and basically I would receive payments "keep" %20 and send the rest through WU. The iffy part comes when I start receiving chargeback after chargeback from all of the buyers saying their phones were never unlocked.

Now, i'm stuck with a negative balance of around ~1k, 11 chargebacks and no way getting the money into the PP acc in the time PP is giving me.

All I can hope for is that I can kick the bill around until I gather the money to pay PP back... What's gonna happen to me? What can I do about it?

**** scammers...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Negative Balance help

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Sadly, this is a known scam....and too good to be true - keep 20%...for doing nothing...it's bad.

Is your PP in your real name? If so, you could be taken to collections.

Have you spoken to WU? Local Police? Might need some documentation.

I can't say 100% this is going to go in your favour sadly...
Old 07-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Yes, the PP account is in my name fully verified with all details in it.... :( and no I havn't spoken with police, and I doubt I can do anything with WU considering I was sending money to South America.

I'll have to be on the lookout for a big muscly bald guy from now on...

Once PP contacts me maybe I can tell them about the scam and get them to push the date, hopefully
Old 07-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Oh, and thanks for the reply
Old 07-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

I would speak to WU - they might assist somewhat in documentation especially if this guy's name is going around a bit (unlikely as he is probably a pro scammer but worth a shot)
Old 07-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Police won't do anything, you'd be lucky they will even take a report and file it.

WU is so rife with scams, they generally won't do much either, sadly. Western Union is synonymous with "SCAM" so best not to use it at all when there are alternatives. There is no such thing as "keep 20% for doing nothing".

Since the PP is in your own name, you will be responsible for the negative balance. If you don't pay it after a few months, it may get referred to collections and potentially impact your credit. That will depend on the amount tho.
Old 07-19-2018

Longevity: 33%

This is sad experience for the future. If someone offer you 20% for receive money on your own paypal account never give account under you real personal details. Now your paypal balance negative and if you don't pay within some time paypal will call you every day. Later this will affect on your credit score.
Old 07-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the help guys, have a good one.

I hope others can learn from my mistake... don't trust something if its too good to be true, and if you are, take the proper precautions. If I had asked someone for his advice on this deal they probably would've told me that this would happen, but then again some people learn only from bad experiences. I have that problem...
Old 07-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeCrunch View Post
Thank you for the help guys, have a good one.

I hope others can learn from my mistake... don't trust something if its too good to be true, and if you are, take the proper precautions. If I had asked someone for his advice on this deal they probably would've told me that this would happen, but then again some people learn only from bad experiences. I have that problem...
Best to ask for advice in advance of going headfirst at times...
Old 09-23-2018
Threadstarter  

Hey guys, sorry for bumping an old thread but I just wanted to let you guys know what happened incase someone else might need the info.

So starting off, you either pay off the negative balance or you lose the account and now have to deal with a 3rd party collections agency. This is assuming you used real info when you signed up for the account. If you didnt, then you dont have to worry about anything im about to say. Well, unless they hunt you down, which I wouldnt be suprised about if we're talking about large balances but anyway...

Now, if you decide you want to pay off the balance and not deal with a 3rd party collections agency you just have to make a single payment within a certain amount of days... (sorry I didnt write it down, but I think its somewhere whithin the first 45 days of the first time it went negative, but just to be sure just call them and ask for the collections department).

AFTER you make that payment it will then go into PAYPALS Collection Agency which is better than a 3rd party because you wont have to deal with the fees they make you pay( That's what I think will happen but im not sure how they work for certain but since everyone's afraid of them it must be because they dont joke around, right?). Then you have 120 days to pay off the balance or the account will be locked until you pay off the remainder of the balance.

Anyways, good day to you all.

Sorry for bad englishdaski