PayPal Red Flags - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 07-27-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default PayPal Red Flags

Got a talk with some PP rep, asked why was an account limited for no any apparent reason, and no any email sent about that. He studied it for long, then replied that:

1) prepaid card used - flag (used a local prepaid card from some supermarket)
2) fast increase in the value of the items being sold - flag (did same for many many accounts, all okay)

It seems he is pretty educated. Anyway, i believe everyone here use prepaids for their paypals, and no issues, so more influence has the rapid increase in sales. Could you please share some price increase methods that PayPal is okay with?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: PayPal Red Flags

It depends on WHAT you are selling as well as the value.
Old 07-27-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
fast increase in the value of the items being sold
If your first item is £10, followed by second item at £100, then £1000, that would be an example of an abnormal rate of increase in value.

I usually advise users to sell around the £10 mark to start with, and gradually work their way up, i.e. doubling in value each time, so a £20 item, then £40 item etc.

A significant increase, especially during early days can result in limitation really quickly.
Old 07-27-2018
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Got a talk with some PP rep, asked why was an account limited for no any apparent reason, and no any email sent about that. He studied it for long, then replied that:

1) prepaid card used - flag (used a local prepaid card from some supermarket)
2) fast increase in the value of the items being sold - flag (did same for many many accounts, all okay)

It seems he is pretty educated. Anyway, i believe everyone here use prepaids for their paypals, and no issues, so more influence has the rapid increase in sales. Could you please share some price increase methods that PayPal is okay with?
I like this... red flags.

Most likely it's the sudden increase of sales.. you never want to do that.
Old 07-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I like this... red flags.

Most likely it's the sudden increase of sales.. you never want to do that.
I am actually quoting what the rep has told me, "you used prepaid and sold too fast, your account has flags all over it"
Old 07-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
If your first item is £10, followed by second item at £100, then £1000, that would be an example of an abnormal rate of increase in value.

I usually advise users to sell around the £10 mark to start with, and gradually work their way up, i.e. doubling in value each time, so a £20 item, then £40 item etc.

A significant increase, especially during early days can result in limitation really quickly.
But how to explain that I can do like 5 accounts with same sudden sales increase, no issues, then bamm, 2 accounts limited.
Old 07-27-2018

Longevity: 51%

I wouldn’t count a prepaid card as a red flag. Millions of people prefer prepaid s then bank cards.

I’ll never believe a word from a paypal rep, they won’t be allowed to give out information. Specially about account running.
Old 07-28-2018

Longevity: 43%

I have 4 eBay accounts and 10 paypal accounts I spread it around fairly evenly.
I had one stealth Paypal account limited with $6000.00 in it - sold 3high ticket items in 4 weeks. The account was only 6 months old. I got my money back but it took 5 months. They said 180 days but after 5 months I got an email and bam I was able to withdraw.
Yes for sure too much too fast is red flag. I have 2 PP account that are 18 years old too bad I can't use those on eBay as they were linked to my banned eBay account ( which how I ended up here ).
I really wish I could still use those on eBay as they are bullet proof.
Old 08-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernman View Post
I have 4 eBay accounts and 10 paypal accounts I spread it around fairly evenly.
I had one stealth Paypal account limited with $6000.00 in it - sold 3high ticket items in 4 weeks. The account was only 6 months old. I got my money back but it took 5 months. They said 180 days but after 5 months I got an email and bam I was able to withdraw.
Yes for sure too much too fast is red flag. I have 2 PP account that are 18 years old too bad I can't use those on eBay as they were linked to my banned eBay account ( which how I ended up here ).
If both accounts are linked but banned only in ebay - you can still use them. But if one gets limited, the other will follow.
Old 08-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernman View Post
No account is bullet- proof, no account.

Old 08-02-2018

Longevity: 43%

accounts that are 18 years old - with over a million dollars in transactions certainly are...
The problem is eBay I use them all the time just not on eBay
Since stating my eBay Stealth account the problems that I have are with PP eBay seems to be more forgiving
I did a test the other day I bought a new laptop on eBay the other day - opened a new account I used my banned name, address, phone number everything - and eBay did not do squat I was able to open the account easy.

Last edited by modernman; 08-02-2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-03-2018

Longevity: 40%

It's really like wild west on paypal now. During last half year I got banned approx. 8 different paypal accounts without reason... Some of them didn't sell nothing on ebay and just exist without activity! But anyway my "favorite" service paypal blocked all this accounts and before had asked some information to provide. I provided all information but some of them got block (most). Another ones passed verification but after second sales got one more verification..I have provided one more time same documents and finally got block! I dont understand this 'perfect' service algorithm. Some of my account sell one item per month and dont have problems in general (they isn't verify)! All account have different mob.phones, dedicated ips, good documents to verification and private user space ( different accounts on Windows). All is unique!
The main question is why already verified accounts will get another verification of personality and finally are blocked by PayPal but all provided information are same... I don't know how resolve this problem. I hope ebay change money gateway provider asap and paypal will die with their ****ty service!
Old 08-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojocague View Post
It's really like wild west on paypal now. During last half year I got banned approx. 8 different paypal accounts without reason... Some of them didn't sell nothing on ebay and just exist without activity! But anyway my "favorite" service paypal blocked all this accounts and before had asked some information to provide. I provided all information but some of them got block (most). Another ones passed verification but after second sales got one more verification..I have provided one more time same documents and finally got block! I dont understand this 'perfect' service algorithm. Some of my account sell one item per month and dont have problems in general (they isn't verify)! All account have different mob.phones, dedicated ips, good documents to verification and private user space ( different accounts on Windows). All is unique!
The main question is why already verified accounts will get another verification of personality and finally are blocked by PayPal but all provided information are same... I don't know how resolve this problem. I hope ebay change money gateway provider asap and paypal will die with their ****ty service!
As my ex-PP worker friend said, another reason for that is that as the PP is getting bigger, they give less and less **** about every single worker. As a result, rotation of their employees is really huge, people are moved from one department to another frequently and their professional skills are not so high as a result. Also, people that remain there, are zombified and scared by supervisors to **** bricks. They are actually fined if an approved account causes losses. So basically fighting PP is fighting an army of zombies, hoping that some of them would fail following PP guidelines and allow your account to live.