How Can I Dropship In The USA While My Location Is Outside USA? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > eBay & PayPal International

eBay & PayPal International General discussions on eBay Suspensions and PayPal Limited accounts for ALL other countries not mentioned above!

Old 08-20-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Default How Can I Dropship In The USA While My Location Is Outside USA?

Probably this had been discussed multiple times already but I have been trying to search for answers on the internet, youtube and even purchased the stealth guide but I just could not find the answer!

I am in Singapore and I am sure setting up an ebay account here will throw up my location to ebay - and therefore hinder dropshipping to the USA.

I have read that one can absolutely dropship in USA even though his account is outside USA. But I have also read it cannot be done when one first started out.

So who is correct? Can I simply set up an ebay.com.sg account here in Singapore and start dropshipping to USA right away? How can it be done?

Also, does buying a stealth ebay+paypal account help? My concern is, the Paypal account obviously had to be linked to my bank account and credit card here in Singapore. So wouldn't Paypal detect my location and start restricting me?

Thanks in advance for any help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: How Can I Dropship In The USA While My Location Is Outside USA?

Yes its possible to do, but eBay & PayPal are not fans of drop shipping so its possible you will run into issues with slow delivery
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
jeje008 (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018

Longevity: 33%

You can drop ship in the US while being outside of the US. The problem comes if you drop ship using a company outside of the US and delivery takes too long. Regardless of how much you say it... delivery time is always a problem. It is always a negative to be outside the US though and to be drop shipping especially when you need an invoice.
The Following User Says Thank You to altending360 For This Useful Post:
jeje008 (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys.

I will be sourcing from the likes of Walmart, Lowe's within the USA.

Again, wouldn't my IP address pointing to Singapore be frowned upon by ebay and they restrict my account?
Old 08-21-2018

I have the same questions more or less...I've been trying to find out a way to buy and ship my items from US warehouses.
Steps that I've taken
1- VPN
2- Ebay account with my real name.

But my problem is Paypal , because I cannot find a way to have a US address in Paypal, so I can buy items from warehouses there.

I have been trying to buy an item for 4 days...
But Walmart constantly cancels the order.

"Thanks for your recent order. We're really sorry, but we've canceled the items shown below because we couldn't verify some or all of your payment information. Please sign in to your account and be sure your billing address, phone number and credit card information is correct and current. "

Here is their message.
But I'm trying to pay through Paypal's balance so I don't have to verify a credit card, because I don't have one...

I don't know..
I am totally confused!

Will I be able to fulfill my orders from now on, or should I just stop this job?

Please if someone has anything useful to suggest, I would be glad to hear it.
Old 08-21-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeje008 View Post
Thanks guys.

I will be sourcing from the likes of Walmart, Lowe's within the USA.

Again, wouldn't my IP address pointing to Singapore be frowned upon by ebay and they restrict my account?
That's where a VPN comes into play.

Use IPBurger - and get a fresh Dedicated IP.
Old 08-22-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
That's where a VPN comes into play.

Use IPBurger - and get a fresh Dedicated IP.
IP is not the only matter...
The major problem is the billing address in Paypal...
Am I not right?
If you don't have a real address and a US bank account things look very difficult.

Has anyone to suggest something?
Old 08-22-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgkstore View Post
IP is not the only matter...
The major problem is the billing address in Paypal...
Am I not right?
If you don't have a real address and a US bank account things look very difficult.

Has anyone to suggest something?
I don't know that it would be a perfect solution for you, but you could consider looking into freight forwarders in the US. Once or twice daily we get orders from customers from South America or the Middle East who use freight forwarders to get a USA address. Almost always the forwarding address is "confirmed" in Paypal so the forwarding companies are clearly giving these customers a way to confirm the address of their USA forwarding company.

You could simply buy an account here which already has it's USA address confirmed, but then you would have to deal with USA tax laws and the need for a USA bank account.

Have you tried setting the item location to "USA" when you list while making all of your listings on ebay.com with an account you have now from your country? We do that all the time with non-USA eBay accounts and then sell almost exclusively to USA customers.
Old 08-23-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't know that it would be a perfect solution for you, but you could consider looking into freight forwarders in the US. Once or twice daily we get orders from customers from South America or the Middle East who use freight forwarders to get a USA address. Almost always the forwarding address is "confirmed" in Paypal so the forwarding companies are clearly giving these customers a way to confirm the address of their USA forwarding company.

You could simply buy an account here which already has it's USA address confirmed, but then you would have to deal with USA tax laws and the need for a USA bank account.

Have you tried setting the item location to "USA" when you list while making all of your listings on ebay.com with an account you have now from your country? We do that all the time with non-USA eBay accounts and then sell almost exclusively to USA customers.

I know...The billing address problem may be overrided, but the impossible part then comes to withdrawing the money out of your Paypal acc...

I was thinking of setting up a basic LLC with a virtual-but real address- office, so I would have a really verified address in the US and then with some transferwise acc maybe, to be able to link a bank account and make transactions from Greece to the US and back.
Old 09-06-2018

Interesting, and great questions. I would like to know about drop shipping.
Old 09-09-2018

Longevity: 56%

Most dropshippers selling in the US but not based in the US are using accounts from their country.

So they create an Israeli EB/PP, then list on Ebay with only shipping within the US, list item location as US and you are paying them to their Israeli PP. Once the funds clear, they withdraw to their card as normal. They are using their credit/debit card to buy the Amazon/Lowes/etc order and shipping it to you.

I've noticed a bunch from Israel, but have seen about a dozen other countries listed as creation point of the EB account.
Old 09-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Several of my competitors use this option and are as brazen as to buy from me sometimes to fill customer orders. I am ok with it, as ill take extra profit.