Instant linking of bank account requesting phone # from bank account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-01-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Instant linking of bank account requesting phone # from bank account

Hey guys,

So my problem is, i have a Paypal account that i am trying to link a Bank account to but everytime i try to do so, it request it pulls the phone number from the bank account and request a authorization code which was sent to that phone number.

Even after entering the code, it still does not go through

I tried Wells fargo and BOA.

Any advise?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Instant linking of bank account requesting phone # from bank account

Are they totally fresh bank accounts that you haven't added or tried to add to any other Paypals? Basic question I know - but I have to ask since you mentioned you've tried adding multiple different bank accounts to this one PP account (you've most likely burned all of them now, BTW).

Options are to either a) call in and try adding a bank account through the automated system or through a CSR, b) wait a few days and try again, or c) try doing instant verification if you're trying micro deposits currently.

I had trouble adding a BA to an aged account a few weeks ago. For some reason or another I think they're making it harder to add bank accounts.
Old 10-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Instant linking of bank account requesting phone # from bank account

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Are they totally fresh bank accounts that you haven't added or tried to add to any other Paypals? Basic question I know - but I have to ask since you mentioned you've tried adding multiple different bank accounts to this one PP account (you've most likely burned all of them now, BTW).

Options are to either a) call in and try adding a bank account through the automated system or through a CSR, b) wait a few days and try again, or c) try doing instant verification if you're trying micro deposits currently.

I had trouble adding a BA to an aged account a few weeks ago. For some reason or another I think they're making it harder to add bank accounts.
YES. New Bank accounts opened a few days ago and two different Paypal accounts.

I was trying instant verification.
Old 10-01-2018

Longevity: 54%

does this happen with chase as well?

do they ask for phone number verification if you try doing micro deposits?
Old 10-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

You could try doing micro deposits instead then, but you'll probably have the same problem. IDK why they've been making it so hard to add BA's. Best advice I can give is to wait a while (like a week or two) and then try again.
Old 10-01-2018

Quote:
You could try doing micro deposits instead then, but you'll probably have the same problem. IDK why they've been making it so hard to add BA's. Best advice I can give is to wait a while (like a week or two) and then try again.

has anyone gotten phone verification from doing micro deposits?
Old 10-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
has anyone gotten phone verification from doing micro deposits?
Yeah it just happened to me a few weeks ago with that bank account/PP I mentioned earlier in the thread. I have only ever used the micro deposit method to add bank accounts.

For me, it was a 2 year PP account and a 1 year old bank account. I don't think the age of the PP account or the bank account is a big factor, if it's a factor at all.
Old 10-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
does this happen with chase as well?

do they ask for phone number verification if you try doing micro deposits?
Cannot comment with Chase. Never tried
Old 10-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Gonna try micro deposits. Will post the results
Old 10-02-2018

a few months ago when i tried instant linking us bank to paypal it asked me to verify security questions from bank before adding i put all the correct answers and it still would not allow me to add.

I had to do micro deposits with us bank it did not ask me for anything........

it could mean wells fargo and boa upped their security.......i know td bank upped their security way back.......and when trying to do instant link with td bank they ask for security questions......

Last edited by H4ck; 10-02-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-11-2018
Threadstarter  

Micro deposits worked. Made two successful withdrawals so far