Avoid SSN request for "sending or spending money directly from your balance" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-08-2018

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 31%
Default Avoid SSN request for "sending or spending money directly from your balance"

A VBA seller told me that i can avoid the SSN request for "claim your money" if i add an VBA + VCA + phone number to the accout, is that true?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-08-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Avoid SSN request for "sending or spending money directly from your balance"

Which VBA seller are you referring to btw?

And as far as I know I don't think that info is correct.
Old 10-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Avoid SSN request for "sending or spending money directly from your balance"

No, that's not right.

But you could work around it by adding a real bank account and just withdrawing your money.
Old 10-08-2018
Threadstarter  

I don't know what to say. I've read here if you use real info,they will not ask for SSN. Problem is that 50% of Americans don't own a home, so i doub you can find them in any public records (am i right!?), so maybe if they add a card + confirm their phone, paypal will trust them as real people to.
The Following User Says Thank You to triplex For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-09-2018)
Old 10-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I'm afraid that's not how it works. This only became an issue this year with a TOS update from PP. The rule is you provide your SSN in order to spend your balance anywhere - otherwise you withdraw all money. It's such a new feature I'm not sure if any real workarounds have been discovered yet - other than just withdrawing all money.

Quote:
I've read here if you use real info,they will not ask for SSN.
This is false. With the new TOS update they'll ask you to confirm your identity either way.

You don't have to own a home to show up in public records databases. Most of those questions are based off of your credit report so if you have one at all, they would be able to ask database questions. If I'm not mistaken though, database questions aren't the issue here. They just want you to provide your SSN in order to use your balance, right?
Old 10-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I'm afraid that's not how it works. This only became an issue this year with a TOS update from PP. The rule is you provide your SSN in order to spend your balance anywhere - otherwise you withdraw all money. It's such a new feature I'm not sure if any real workarounds have been discovered yet - other than just withdrawing all money.

This is false. With the new TOS update they'll ask you to confirm your identity either way.

You don't have to own a home to show up in public records databases. Most of those questions are based off of your credit report so if you have one at all, they would be able to ask database questions. If I'm not mistaken though, database questions aren't the issue here. They just want you to provide your SSN in order to use your balance, right?
they ask for name, dob, SSN and address to.
Old 10-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Well yeah, I forgot to mention those. Everything other than your SSN would also be given when the account was created.

Point was they aren't asking database questions for users to get rid of the "claim your balance" message.
Old 10-08-2018
Threadstarter  

Sure, but how much of the population can be verified that way? -because many people have rents and they change them very often

also if you verify VBA + VCC +phone they will assume you are also real?
Old 10-08-2018

Longevity: 72%

All these database questions and theories are pointless, they have nothing to do with the question.

Listen to Phaz, add a bank account and transfer your money out or give them a SSN. That's the only two choices.
Old 10-08-2018
Super Moderator

Well I don't think it's pointless. He is going in deep and wants a convo so he'll get it.

The solution has been given, but it never hurts to think a little further ahead.
Old 10-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum triplex - all the best as you master stealth
Old 10-09-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Well I don't think it's pointless. He is going in deep and wants a convo so he'll get it.

The solution has been given, but it never hurts to think a little further ahead.
Sure, so they ask for SSN and address verification, but they are a huge category of people who:

1. live with their parents,and are not in the credit scores database

2. work as a freelancer or not owning a credit card

3. girls who live with their boyfriends/spouse,etc.

4. students who live in a campus

5. people who works 8 hours a day and at address they pot their working place, not the their home address

How they can verify then their SSN + address?
Old 10-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

It's simple. All of those people in your examples still have an SSN and an address. If they live with mommy, their address is mommy's. They confirm it with a credit card.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It's simple. All of those people in your examples still have an SSN and an address. If they live with mommy, their address is mommy's. They confirm it with a credit card.
Sure. and somebody told me if you add a vcc + phone + vba at the time of creating you will not be asked for ssn ... can somebody try it?
Old 10-09-2018
Banned

Longevity: 52%

If you are affected by Claim it, you need a bank account to withdraw money if you don't want to confirm your identity.

To confirm your identity, you would need DOB and SSN to match database to remove this Claim It status and be able to transfer funds from paypal to paypal.

How to clean photos
Best image resizer
Old 10-09-2018
Super Moderator

Well it's what we have been doing and people have been asked for SSN.

So it's not about if we can try it, we already did and the info that was given to you isn't correct.

Regardless though, it doesn't mean them asking for ssn is the end of the world at all.
Old 10-09-2018

Longevity: 53%

I may know a way around it. PM ME.
Old 10-09-2018

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
All these database questions and theories are pointless, they have nothing to do with the question.

Listen to Phaz, add a bank account and transfer your money out or give them a SSN. That's the only two choices.
Exactly
Try to add Bank and withdraw your money.
Old 10-10-2018

Longevity: 54%

I DO NOT GET IT.

i create a new pp month ago and just input a random four digial ssn. no phone/bank.

i can send money to another pp.
Old 10-10-2018

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonp View Post
I DO NOT GET IT.

i create a new pp month ago and just input a random four digial ssn. no phone/bank.

i can send money to another pp.
hmmmmm interesting. Its luck bro. Hope you wrote the number down.