Very weird dispute decision - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-11-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Very weird dispute decision

1) Sold an item to a customer, got my account limited shortly after that
2) Customer received the item and was not satisfied with it, as had some sort of concerns about the authenticity (just his thoughts, no any expertise results or soever)
3) I said to him, no worries, send it back and get your money back by clicking the button in the PayPal dispute "Refund the buyer. Buyer needs to return the item"
4) Everything goes as usual, but later an email comes from PayPal, with return tracking details, and they are empty!
5) In a few minutes comes another email saying that the buyer is refunded and the case is closed.
6) WTF! Calling in to PP, and after a very very long talk they say the following:

- You did not provide any proofs about the condition of the item
- Why should I provide them? I just want it back and to refund the buyer!
- As you did not provide any proofs, we let the buyer to keep the item and refunded him. Bye.

How come a return of an item now requires some sort of proof of the condition of the item being sent? WTF??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Very weird dispute decision

I once had a buyer call my item inauthentic. He then went onto demand a refund without returning the item since it would be illegal for him to return an "inauthentic" item in the mail.

It could be something like what I experienced. Your buyer may have told PP the item was phake. Then since you couldn't prove the authenticity, Paypal didn't require them to send it back.

The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I once had a buyer call my item inauthentic. He then went onto demand a refund without returning the item since it would be illegal for him to return an "inauthentic" item in the mail.

It could be something like what I experienced. Your buyer may have told PP the item was phake. Then since you couldn't prove the authenticity, Paypal didn't require them to send it back.

I had several same "inauthentic" claims with PP in the past years, but PP always asked the buyer to send it back. But in this case it just closed the case straight away, although there was only a single message from the buyer, which was very vague, like "i SUPPOSE there is something wrong with the item as i compared it to ANOTHER MODEL of it that I have here, and it is done a bit different, so I SUPPOSE it could be inauthentic". So nothing straightforward, just some assumptions and fantasies, not an expertise result.

So now I can just pop up a SNAD case saying item is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and the seller is automatically busted if he is not aware that "return and refund" button automatically makes him loosing both money and item? WTF?
Old 10-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I think it's more likely that the buyer called into Paypal, then the "return and refund" button automatically causing you to lose the $ and the item.

When it happened to me the buyer was a pro. He wrote me a message quoting the specific laws he would be violating by sending the item back. All it would take is for your buyer to call Paypal saying the item is phake and that they don't feel comfortable returning the item since it would be illegal to do so. As Paypal, what option would you then have other than to refund the buyer without having them send the item back?

I think their standard procedure is to require a return. But if a buyer calls in and ties their hands, they don't have any other options.

I don't know if this is how it played out for you. But there are certainly ways for buyers to win return requests where they get the item and their money back. :/
Old 10-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I think it's more likely that the buyer called into Paypal, then the "return and refund" button automatically causing you to lose the $ and the item.

When it happened to me the buyer was a pro. He wrote me a message quoting the specific laws he would be violating by sending the item back. All it would take is for your buyer to call Paypal saying the item is phake and that they don't feel comfortable returning the item since it would be illegal to do so. As Paypal, what option would you then have other than to refund the buyer without having them send the item back?

I think their standard procedure is to require a return. But if a buyer calls in and ties their hands, they don't have any other options.

I don't know if this is how it played out for you. But there are certainly ways for buyers to win return requests where they get the item and their money back. :/
In my case, buyer did not say he will not send it back, as I contacted him directly and he agreed to send it back. So he just said to PP that the item seems ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and they just awarded them with the item!
Old 10-12-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I've had a couple of my buyers open SNAD cases through PayPal, and PayPal always required the buyer to send the item back with tracking. Never had any problems with them trying to keep it before being refunded.
Old 10-16-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I've had a couple of my buyers open SNAD cases through PayPal, and PayPal always required the buyer to send the item back with tracking. Never had any problems with them trying to keep it before being refunded.
It is a normal behavior. But that case pissed me off - just instantly closed case and no request to return the item. Without any proofs, just some personal opinion of the buyer.