Paypal biz account give away name? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-24-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Paypal biz account give away name?

Hi all, this looks like a great forum, and I have a friend who will need to pop in here as he has been banned on Paypal for no fault of his own. grr

My question should be a fairly easy one for members here hopefully.

I have a Paypal account (2 actually, personal and business).
I have a blog where I hide my identity (for personal safety reasons, long story!), and I sell a few ebooks under a pen name. I used Clickbank before, because I CAN NOT let buyers see my personal name or address. I am however sick to DEATH of the lying morons at Clickbank, and looking for another way to take payments (with secure delivery of ebooks ideally). I am considering using my Paypal Business account because someone told me that only gives the customer a business name and not personal name/address.

Can anyone confirm or deny this please? It could be VERY serious if someone tracked me down, and it's possible as the niche my site is in is a niche I am known for being involved with, I have some very dodgy people are trying to find me. My family actually relocated because of the problem

so first question is, if I use paypal biz account, is there ANY way a buyer can find out the personal name of the person behind the account?

second question is, does anyone know a better solution than paypal?!

Thanks very much, i hope someone can help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 71%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Paypal biz account give away name?

Honestly this is a 2 way street. Money can always be tracked down to its source.

So why not share with us this... long story?
Old 10-24-2018
Threadstarter  

No I think you've got the wrong idea. I am not trying to be super anonymous, like from govt, police etc. I JUST don't want any average Joe buying an ebook and seeing my name on their paypal receipt. The govt are not after me! In fact I helped the govt by spending years investigating some filthy *******s who are now serving time, all thanks to me. and they really want to pay me back for it, and I really don't want them to. So I basically just dont want one of them buying an ebook written by John Smith, sold to them via paypal business account JohnsTips.com, then clicking on their paypal transaction summary (or asking Paypal direct) and seeing "Terry Johnson" as the real man behind that account. And no, my name ain't Terry Johnson, I am dumb but not that dumb :D
thanks
Old 10-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I've noticed when paying invoices that certain ones will show the business name + account owner's name, and others will only show the business name. I believe once you upgrade, at least on USA accounts, you can go into your PP account settings and choose what you want your customers to see.
Old 10-24-2018
Threadstarter  

That's useful, thanks for posting.
Old 10-24-2018

In your biz account there is an option in seller dashboard to hide some of your personal info in invoice
Old 10-24-2018
Threadstarter  

I have looked into this, it may be doable with Paypal but I didn't realise you can only have ONE business account with Paypal. Bunch of idiots, what if I run several websites and want them kept separate? (Which i do!). If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears
Thanks
Old 10-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth
Old 10-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycow View Post
I have looked into this, it may be doable with Paypal but I didn't realise you can only have ONE business account with Paypal. Bunch of idiots, what if I run several websites and want them kept separate? (Which i do!). If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears
Thanks
You can have as many business accounts as you want as long as they all have unique info. I have 4 business accounts on this side of the pond.
Old 10-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Thanks, yes if they are properly companies, mine are not. Just starting out really and not earning enough to set up companies. So I just have trading names, but want to keep them separate, and keep my personal name and address well away from all the sites!
Old 10-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Just buy or make a couple of UK stealth accounts in that case. No need for a business name when you can just use an entirely made up name on a personal account.
Old 10-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Hmm. That's an idea. trouble is, I know Paypal can be mofo's when they want, and if they froze the funds it would starve me in no time!

I don't actually know what a stealth account is. If it's just a personal aco**** with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details then I can do that, but I am sure if I got a grand or two going through it, they will freeze it, then I can't validate the ID as the name doens't exist
Old 10-25-2018
Executive [VIP]

Talk to some of the UK account sellers in the marketplace here on the forum. Most of them have been doing this for years and know all the in's and out's of using UK stealth accounts. Read between the lines when the account sellers say that "receiving limit has been lifted" on the accounts they sell.
Old 10-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Thanks. Not really sure I understand why to use one, what one is, or what the advantages are, but will take a look thanks!