Suspension with "recent activity has raised serious security concerns" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-27-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Suspension with "recent activity has raised serious security concerns"

Hello here!

I'm looking to get some help with my suspension on eBay USA.
Well this is something really strange I'm facing with, because it's a real account no VPS no ⊗⊗⊗⊗ documents and so.

My account is open for 2 years now and been selling electronics (I know it's high risk) with 100% positive feedback, no disputes or chargebacks quality issues at all.

Basically I'm selling for 2-3k every month without any issues, always shipping on time and everybody is happy. I'm always doing the same thing and today I got the following email.

"After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email."

Can you help me with this one? This is really strange, with no previous issues at all!

Thanks in advance for your kind help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Suspension with "recent activity has raised serious security concerns"

Doesn't sound like they like what youre selling and doesn't sound like you have an option to appeal.
Unfortunately it looks like youre just going to have start over... not much anyone can do help with this.
Old 10-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Suspension with "recent activity has raised serious security concerns"

But I believe I cannot have a way to create a new eBay account with my details, right?!
Old 10-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

First thing you need to do is call them. Hopefully find out what exactly the issue is instead of trying to decipher their cookie cutter email. There is a nothing for you to loose by calling in and trying. And if this is your real account then you shouldnt have anything to hide.
Old 10-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
First thing you need to do is call them. Hopefully find out what exactly the issue is instead of trying to decipher their cookie cutter email. There is a nothing for you to loose by calling in and trying. And if this is your real account then you shouldnt have anything to hide.
Have been done, they told me there was a business decision made, no reason was given at all. No help, no way to appeal.

Start from scratch would mean opening a new eBay but they already have my SSN.

If I change my PayPal email and cancel all eBay connections to PP, I would be use my PayPal with my cousin's good standing eBay?
Old 10-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I would call them again. It cant hurt
Old 10-28-2018
Threadstarter  

I'll do that definitely again, was just trying to see if anybody has a straight idea on this one. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Very often eBay knows the exact reason(s) why the account was suspended but policy prevents them from revealing in most cases. Sometimes the rep might mention a "clue", but they usually don't tell you, esp. if the account has been NARU'd. That usually means you are done.
Old 11-11-2018

Longevity: 46%

Got same suspensions few days ago. Don't know a reason too. Support answered:

Hello
We regularly check customers account to make sure they’re within acceptable limits for the eBay community. On checking your account, we have found number of issues that we could not ignore.
I realize there are many positives to your association with eBay. However, we reserve the right to warn, restrict, or suspend a customer's account when we have cause for concern.
Purely, as a business decision and due to the risk presented to the eBay community by your account, we have decided to part ways with this account. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may cause you.
For your account there is no appeal for this decision. From this point forward, in order to conduct business on the internet, you will have to find a different venue.

I have only 2 ideas about this. First, I forgot to pay seller fees (attached card expired), but I already paid them. Second, one week ago I bought at eBay Win 10 serial. Another reason I even can't imagine. It was a real account too. 7 years old, 2500 feedbacks, 99.8% positive

Update - received an answer about suspension reason:

Reason:

To maximize the trust and safety of the eBay marketplace and community, eBay does not permit the use of HTML or JavaScript functions that interfere with eBay's official site functions. Looking into your account, we found that your listing does not comply with our Site interference policy.

Due to the risk involved eBay has determined that you are not eligible to use eBay from this point on. For your account there is no appeal for this decision. We regret any frustration or inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

Last edited by Sammuel; 11-12-2018 at 02:04 AM.