Converting to Business Account, will it be linked to 10+yr old accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-27-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default Converting to Business Account, will it be linked to 10+yr old accounts?

I have a question about having old accounts linked to newly converted business accounts. I’ll do a timeline.

2008 - Had ebay and/or PayPal account closed to violation. I believe the PayPal account had my ss but not positive.

2010 - Moved states. Opened up ebay & PayPal accounts (in my real name, same as before) for buying personal items. Low use. Probably 3-4 feedbacks per year for 2010-2017.

2012 - Moved states again (not near State #1 or State #2)

2018 - Sold some high value electronics & cameras totaling about $19k (all personal, used items). PayPal did hold the funds for 30 days but no problems. The most recent item sold for $700 and had no PayPal hold. Currently, I still have not attached ss# to PayPal account.

Now my questions:

I’m trying to set up an Ebay & PayPal account for my newly formed business (Yes, I have EIN, bank, debit card, business address). It will be inexpensive chunks of plastic, priced in the $10-$15 range. No batteries, moving parts, brand names, etc. Very low risk.

I was thinking of converting my personal accounts to business, both ebay and PayPal. I wanted to do this to make use of ebay account with decent feedback (50) and $19k in recent high value sales. I’ve also been paying $2500 in rent via PayPal for this year….so lots of PayPal history for moving money the past 12 months.

When I convert my PayPal account to a business account, will I be required to add both EIN for business AND my personal ss#? If so, will it then link up to a suspended ebay/paypal account from 10+ years ago?

If no, then that’s what I’ll do.
If yes, what do you suggest? Any way to talk my way out of that problem? Blame it on a younger brother, etc? I'm hoping that length since problem (over 10 years will be to my advantage) and current history on personal accounts. Any way to get PayPal to accept EIN as my ss#? Or avoiding giving ss# altogether with my EIN.

Did PayPal spinoff result in any old info being “forgotten” or am I foolish for even posting something so preposterous?

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2018

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Converting to Business Account, will it be linked to 10+yr old accounts?

You can upgrade it to a business account and put in an EIN. It will ask for the last 4 of your social, but you make that up. Just remember to write it down and store the information somewhere safe.
Old 10-27-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Converting to Business Account, will it be linked to 10+yr old accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
You can upgrade it to a business account and put in an EIN. It will ask for the last 4 of your social, but you make that up. Just remember to write it down and store the information somewhere safe.

Thank you. So when upgrading to Business account, there is no actual verification of ss because everything is routed through the EIN? Under what scenario would they ask for ss# at a later date?

Any concern with DOB? I believe I had it on the old pp account.
Old 10-27-2018

Longevity: 53%

Only the EIN will be verified. The DOB is made up just like the last 4 of the social. Just remember to save it somewhere safe. I have all my stealth info saved on google docs.
Old 10-27-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
Only the EIN will be verified. The DOB is made up just like the last 4 of the social. Just remember to save it somewhere safe. I have all my stealth info saved on google docs.
No chance of them asking for ID (dl or passport) where they'd want to see a matching DOB?