Clearing IP daily? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 09-04-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Clearing IP daily?

I was wondering would it be a good idea to clear the IP address everyday as an extra precaution?? I do it once before setting up a new account and that does not seem to be enough as I contiue to get blocked.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2007

Longevity: 96%

Don't forget to clear cookies either.
Once you do all of this you should be okay, provided that you are only running one account from that computer.
Old 09-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Yes, cookies and even browing history and chache I clear out before even unplugging the modem and router, however my accounts usually barely last a week.. sometimes only a few days. I'm just wondering if I should be clearing the cookies and setting a new IP address on a daily basis?
Old 09-04-2007

If you are only using one account you might be shooting yourself in the foot by resetting the IP. I have been keeping track of my IP every day just to see how it cycles and the numbers do repeat.
So at some point you might be signing into your new account under the IP that was used for your banned account.

IMO and I might be wrong, if you get a new account up and running and are only using that one account (I know, most people here have several) to not mess with anything!
Old 09-04-2007

i dump my cookies and cache like 50 times a day maybe im over doing it. LOL
Old 09-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherebayhater View Post
i dump my cookies and cache like 50 times a day maybe im over doing it. LOL
No problem doing that but I wonder about resetting your IP if the one you are using is still clean in ebay's eyes.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Old 09-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Well I only reset my IP address when I have to open up a new account, but I have no idea how the numbers cycle or how to even check up on that; I guess that's sort of what I'm asking as well.
Should I also be clearing the cookies at least once a day? I usually only do it after my account gets suspended.
Old 09-04-2007

Longevity: 97%

I'm wondering really, how much of it is based on IP's. IP's are leased depending on availability. So if I release mine for a new one, my neighbor potentially will get my old one. Also, things like colleges, libraries, many worksites all have 1 IP for per building. so how does ebay deal with that?
Old 09-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fabricator View Post
Well I only reset my IP address when I have to open up a new account, but I have no idea how the numbers cycle or how to even check up on that; I guess that's sort of what I'm asking as well.
Should I also be clearing the cookies at least once a day? I usually only do it after my account gets suspended.
Check out IPBurger.com. I believe that aspkin created it and it is awesome. Just enter it into your browser's address bar and a page comes up and tells you what your IP is.

What I would do is to 1)clear your cookies from the last time you logged into your banned account. 2)Then reset your IP and make a note of it. Then create all of your new account information and NEVER log back into your old account again from that machine. If you do, repeat steps 1&2 before trying to access your "working" account again.

This should work, it has for me so far.
Old 09-04-2007

same here, what I do is when I want to log in to a seperate account I clear everything. Dump all caches, cookies...etc. then unplug router and restart it. Only when I want to switch from one account to another though.
Old 09-04-2007
Threadstarter  

Yep, I do all that but still, after about a week sometimes less it gets blocked again... That's why I'm wondering if I should starting clearing the cookies on a daily basis, like at the end of the day.
Also , I usually leave my page up on my screen all the time and over night since I check it so frequently; I'm wondering if maybe I should log out at night when I'm finished? Maybe by having the account live is a way for ebay to constantly monitor where it's coming from and put up a red flag on their end... just a though.. what do you guys think?
Old 09-04-2007
Threadstarter  

No, I don't reset it everyday, just when I have to open a new account;
So you're saying to clear the cookies as much as possible? I was using Firefox but I heard that Firefox has a lot of leaks, so I started using Safari again for ebay... However Firefox works much better when setting up the account, much faster.